Michael Sheen has fun with Blofeld rumours in TV sketch

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited April 2011 in News Posts: 1,380
Award-winning actor Michael Sheen appeared on UK television this weekend and shot down the tabloid rumour that he is, or was ever, lined up to play Blofeld in a future James Bond film.

With the help of a few predictable props, Sheen has fun with the rumour and shows viewers 'what it might have been like' with him in the role, including a

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Sheen's a good actor and I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good Blofeld, but I don't think we need a Blofeld for Bond 23.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Maybe not Bond 23 but one day we will need a Blofeld and at least Sheen's is better then Charles Gray's version of Blofeld...even his Welsh version! :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Quoting saunders: one day we will need a Blofeld
    Why, saunders, my man? There's nothing that guarantees the return of Spectre or Blofeld. I'm afraid that all exists in the past.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Blofeld is to James Bond what Moriarty is to Sherlock Holmes, whatever the legal complications are I'm sure eventually the rights will be back in EON's ownership, just as I'm equally sure that there will come a time when Quantum is but a distant memory that the ever repeating cycle of Bond plots and themes will dictate that Bond must once more tackle SPECTRE, Blofeld and even his white persian cat...well either that or it's just wishful thinking on my part!
    interesting,maybe he will be in some Bond movie some day
  • Oi Bondy! Where the hell you been?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Ha! Maybe these rumours can be put to rest now? No, OK then!

As for Blofeld's return. I hope not, he's a relic of the past.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!