Articles and Reviews for Skyfall

edited September 2012 in News Posts: 6,601
I don't think, this is new, but long and interesting to read nevertheless.

http://dripmagazine.com/danielcraig.htm

EDIT: There is an perfectly fine existing thread for this, so changed the thread title and would like to use it for just articles and the many Magazines, Bond is gonna get.

Like this we have:

- Cast and crew interviews in written form
- This one for everything else on paper
- The TV and promo thread for Interviews and TV apparances etc.
- The photo thread for all the photocalls and RC's

Comments

• gt007gt007 Station G
    edited September 2012 Posts: 1,182
    Thanks for the interview, @Germanlady.

Shouldn't it be here though?

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a feeling this is an old interview from Istanbul.
    From what I have experienced over the years, its best to have everything, that's even slightly similar together. There is going to be an immense amount of articles by and with all sorts of people and I think, putting it all in here will be best. But its up to the mods. If they disagree, they can close this thread. But again - it makes life so much easier and since we have no sticky option....
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Good idea! Skyfall made front page in Portuguese journal i. It's not the first time, previously this year the same journal had also put the Barbican exhibition on front page, there must be a Bond fan in the editorial board, no doubt.
    ?pic=http%3A%2F%2Fimgs.sapo.pt%2Fpaperleap_capas%2F2012%2F09%2F04%2F0003_i_4089m.png&W=373&Q=85
    "12 films you really must watch this year"
    I can't access the article though.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Germanlady wrote:
    From what I have experienced over the years, its best to have everything, that's even slightly similar together. There is going to be an immense amount of articles by and with all sorts of people and I think, putting it all in here will be best. But its up to the mods. If they disagree, they can close this thread. But again - it makes life so much easier and since we have no sticky option....

You mean we should have interviews and articles in the same thread to prevent confusion, right? I agree.
    But why shouldn't we use the already existing thread for that? ;)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Wrong thread.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Good find Sam!

I think this thread is a good idea, just a place to put all that comes out in the press.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Sandy wrote:
    I think this thread is a good idea, just a place to put all that comes out in the press.

I think it's a good idea too. But we already have one. :)
    gt007 wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

I think it's a good idea too. But we already have one. :)

Yup, I think yours will do fine. I will repost this article over there and yes, like i also said, its not new and could be from Istanbul.
    I edited my first post here as follows:

EDIT: There is an perfectly fine existing thread for this, so changed the thread title and would like to use it for just articles and the many Magazines, Bond is gonna get.

Like this we have:

- Cast and crew interviews in written form
    - This one for everything else on paper
    - The TV and promo thread for Interviews and TV apparances etc.
    - The photo thread for all the photocalls and RC's
    The threrad title for cast and crew interviews was changed, so that this doesn't make much sense anymore. Can't say, I see it as a better solution...now we have a- again - the same ole mish mash. Maybe you can change it back...
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Germanlady wrote:
    The threrad title for cast and crew interviews was changed, so that this doesn't make much sense anymore. Can't say, I see it as a better solution...now we have a- again - the same ole mish mash. Maybe you can change it back...

But then what's the point, since most of the articles will involve interviews anyway, and the articles can be easily put together in there? I don't see the point, the other thread could just be articles AND interviews. And I swear I remember there being an articles thread already.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 6,601

Point taken, you are right - gt007 and I are in talks about the thread names ;) , so I think, this http://mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3241/skyfall-articles#Item_4 should be closed as it contains nothing so far.
    Judi interview - seems there is a big spoiler in it

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/oct/14/judi-dench-interview-skyfall
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Getafix wrote:

What an imbecile. It is people like this that make me question if they even saw the film or paid any attention to it at all.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Getafix wrote:

How old is this review? Clearly still not given up on your mission to prove Skyfall was actually utter rubbish and the rest of us are just poor deluded sheep, isn't time we gave it a rest Getafix? This is getting extremely tiring now

It's for the historical archive - for future generations of SF fans to chuckle over.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 6,601
    Getafix wrote:
    It's for the historical archive - for future generations of SF fans to chuckle over.

I am chuckling already - over you. Your urge to flock this dead horse is pathetic at best. But go ahead, continue to convince people, the film was utter rubbish. i am sure, you will find one or two more. Too bad the Blue Ry and DVD sales mark another mlestone of its success, showing the word of mouth hasn't destroyed it by now. A bitter pill, I know, but such is life...
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 908
    Germanlady wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

I am chuckling already - over you. Your urge to flock this dead horse is pathetic at best. But go ahead, continue to convince people, the film was utter rubbish. i am sure, you will find one or two more. Too bad the Blue Ry and DVD sales mark another mlestone of its success, showing the word of mouth hasn't destroyed it by now. A bitter pill, I know, but such is life...

You are still mixing up BO success and quality. That's very fine for you and i am sure you will continue to enjoy SF along with Transformers, the Potter Movies, Twilight and whatever strikes the fancy of the masses. You See,i wouldn't mind if some People don't care for coherent storylines or Logic. What angers me is ridiculing People who do - what frightens me is that the Bond Producers get the Message that all they have to do is making Bond weep and fail to make a Ton of Money and have Folks and critiques cheer about the best Bond ever.
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    [. You See,i wouldn't mind if some People don't care for coherent storylines or Logic. .

SF had a very coherent plotline. Its linear story was one of the strongest. Which parts didn't you understand?

As for Getafix he made his mind up about the film months before it opened.

actonsteve wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    [. You See,i wouldn't mind if some People don't care for coherent storylines or Logic. .

SF had a very coherent plotline. Its linear story was one of the strongest. Which parts didn't you understand?

As much as I love SF there were some aspects of the plot that did feel a little...undercooked. They could have put more of an effort into explaining how Bond survived his "death.

Silva's plan to be captured/escape from custody also feels somewhat...convoluted shall we say.
    actonsteve wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:

Let me emphasize again, that if you are one of those, who consider SF's Script sound and logical you have no Buisness in watching Spy Movies (let alone reading the better Books of the Genre)
    @Matt_Helm. The troll hunter is coming to get you ;)
    BAIN123 wrote:
    [Silva's plan to be captured/escape from custody also feels somewhat...convoluted shall we say.

Well, that was the point. Silva wanted M to feel secure and safe before killing her. Alot of it was to do with ego, look at me I can bust out of MI6 with ease

• edited March 2013 Posts: 11,425
    actonsteve wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:

I never make my mind up before seeing a film. Even before going to see DAD I was hoping it would be a decent film. I certainly had misgivings about SF based on what had been leaked about the plot, which sounded like a TWINE rehash. In the end my fears were proved right but the film was actually much worse than I'd expected.

Steve, you're a Guardian reader. Peter Bradshaw, who loved the film, said: "the film does not involve a plot in the boringly normal sense of the word: more the impressionistic sense of scenes and moments and performances". That part of his review I actually agree with.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/oct/25/skyfall-review

Xan Brooks says: "I couldn't help feeling that Mendes' hitherto sinuous , satisfying vehicle veers worryingly into the rough during a mishandled final section on a Scottish grouse moor."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/oct/13/skyfall-james-bond-first-look-review

Surprise surprise - Purvis and Wade dreampt up the whole Skyfall Lodge sequence just a couple of weeks before completing their screenplay. Might explain why it feels totally tacked on and (so I understand) Mendes had major doubts that it would work.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10822&t=mi6&s=news

But if you're convinced it's a decent plot and script, that's fine.
    actonsteve wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    [Silva's plan to be captured/escape from custody also feels somewhat...convoluted shall we say.

Well, that was the point. Silva wanted M to feel secure and safe before killing her. Alot of it was to do with ego, look at me I can bust out of MI6 with ease

The Silva plan to get captured and kill M is overal the bit that is farfetched and not quite logical, and the plan to protect M at Skyfall is daft. While it certainly is filmed fairly decently the story is not the best bit of the movie.

I would like to see a movie without P&W so I can judge the difference. But the SF storyline is a bit of a mess.