TF - Bond 'Moments' Poll

RC7RC7
edited May 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 10,512

Comments

• edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Why do they have so many from CR? (I voted for the Necros fight)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I voted for:

CR Madagascar chase
    Honey coming out of the water
    Sean's "The name's Bond..." in DN
    The FRWL Orient Express fight
    CR Bond and Vesper "flirting" (my favorite scene of the franchise)

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    This: Changing out of alligator disguise to reveal crisp DJ - Octopussy

which never actually happens but no OHMSS ski escape? In the words of Duncan Bannatyne - 'I'm out'.

The usual populist tosh heavily weighted in favour of GF, GE and CR which have for some reason have been designated as the all time top 3 it appears from this.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This: Changing out of alligator disguise to reveal crisp DJ - Octopussy

which never actually happens but no OHMSS ski escape? In the words of Duncan Bannatyne - 'I'm out'.

The usual populist tosh heavily weighted in favour of GF, GE and CR which have for some reason have been designated as the all time top 3 it appears from this.

And FRWL.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    There's a lot of mistakes in there. Many moments are mentioned twice, such as "For England James?" "No...for me." and When Bond Kills Elektra. And I rolled my eyes at a lot of them, some of them really shouldn't be there.
    There's a lot of mistakes in there. Many moments are mentioned twice, such as "For England James?" "No...for me." and When Bond Kills Elektra. And I rolled my eyes at a lot of them, some of them really shouldn't be there.
    Some are just quotes too, which is discouraging, as I see Bond moments as times where Bond lets his actions speak for him.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Some are just quotes too, which is discouraging, as I see Bond moments as times where Bond lets his actions speak for him.

Well I will admit that the "For England James?" scene at the end of GoldenEye does count as a Bond moment for me. But otherwise, I agree with you.
    I voted for the parashute jump, the best stunt in the history of film, IMO.

• i voted for the train ride, and the fight with Oddjob. Too many current moments seem to e mentioned just because they are fresh in people's minds.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Did I miss or was Tracy's death and Dr No's introduction left off.

Kerim wrote:
    Did I miss or was Tracy's death and Dr No's introduction left off.

No, they are there.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 5,745
    I think the moment when the girl (sorry, I'm bad with names) slips away from Bond on the balcony by unwrapping her blouse like a trapese artist or whatever in Octopussy should be on the list.. only with better explanation :) I love that moment for some reason.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Moved to Bond movies. General discussions do not involve Bond related topics.
  • RC7RC7
    Fair enough. I only come on to talk Bond so always forget and assume 'General Discussion' is just general Bond chat.
    Maybe I missed it but why not the Moonraker PTS? Best opening of any Bond film...
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I think the moment when the girl (sorry, I'm bad with names) slips away from Bond on the balcony by unwrapping her blouse like a trapese artist or whatever in Octopussy should be on the list.. only with better explanation :) I love that moment for some reason.

Magda was the girl. And that scene was so artistic. I agree with you.

• OHMSS69 wrote:
    Maybe I missed it but why not the Moonraker PTS? Best opening of any Bond film...

Probably because as soon as they show Bond on the plane, it becomes ridiculous and more suited for Austin Powers.

• edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    OHMSS69 wrote:

Probably because as soon as they show Bond on the plane, it becomes ridiculous and more suited for Austin Powers.

@SirHenryLeeChaChing Apart from Jaws falling into the circus tent it's awesome. There's a big henchman, a girl who's actually bad and an OTT but amazing stunt. Pure Bond.
  • Crap list, written by tw@ts. I didn't vote.
    I voted for the orient express fight and bonds introduction in DN perhaps the coolest scene ever in film history.
    Is someone having a freakin' laugh with this ?!

Greatest Bond moments by Total Film -

includes....

Daniel Craig in Trunks :-L

'Laser to balls' ?! :O

'Flirting on a Train' :-??

'Spiders on the loose' :-/

'Pointy shoed fight' ! #-o

'Driving half a car' 8-X

'Breathing tire underwater' /:)

'Shooting henchman out of tree' (:|

'Zorin laughing before falling' 8-|

'X Ray Specs' :-<

I've never read so much nonsense - have the loons who put this together ever seen a Bond movie or even know who James Bond is - I hope nobody answered - greatest moments - to any of those

Total Film?, Total Bullshit would be better, I can't believe anybody would have them in a list of James Bond Greatest Moments

At a total loss...

Goodnight..

Is someone having a freakin' laugh with this ?!

Greatest Bond moments by Total Film -

includes....

Daniel Craig in Trunks :-L

'Laser to balls' ?! :O

'Flirting on a Train' :-??

'Spiders on the loose' :-/

'Pointy shoed fight' ! #-o

'Driving half a car' 8-X

'Breathing tire underwater' /:)

'Shooting henchman out of tree' (:|

'Zorin laughing before falling' 8-|

'X Ray Specs' :-<

I've never read so much nonsense - have the loons who put this together ever seen a Bond movie or even know who James Bond is - I hope nobody answered - greatest moments - to any of those

Total Film?, Total Bullshit would be better, I can't believe anybody would have them in a list of James Bond Greatest Moments

At a total loss...

Goodnight..

Cant really argue with that.
  • RC7RC7
    It's because the general public are idiots. I had a colleague try to argue with me last night that Live and Let Die is her favourite film because Jaws is in it.
    RC7 wrote:
    It's because the general public are idiots. I had a colleague try to argue with me last night that Live and Let Die is her favourite film because Jaws is in it.
    It is because they aren't hardcore fans, and things like this aren't close to their hearts. And, like you said, they are idiots.

RC7 wrote:
    It's because the general public are idiots.

And that Sir is why democracy is a fatally flawed system.
    I read it again and I still can't believe some of the bits of Bond 'action' they included in their silly choices. (Flirting on a drain, driving half a car etc), makes me laugh to an extent just thinking about it, no James Bond enthusiast would ever pick such choices, it was quite absurd!

I didn't choose on there and left as soon as I could, but obviously would include Connery's introduction in Doctor No, Fight with Donald Grant on the Orient Express, Shirley Eaton covered in gold paint, Lazenby saving Rigg from the Ocean, Bond and Scaramanga duel in Golden Gun, Free Fall sequence in Moonraker, the torching of Sanchez in License to Kill, Goldeneye opening or tank chase even, The chase on the Thames in the Q boat at the start of The World Is Not Enough, even the Craig fight with Obanno and accomplice in Royale even, these are just a few examples

I'm surprised they (Total Film) didn't include (Brosnan, DAD).. Bond sniffing shoes... 8-|
    RC7 wrote:
    It's because the general public are idiots.

And that Sir is why democracy is a fatally flawed system.

It's like I just heard myself speak...Well done!
    i brought total film magazine today and the results were in there for the top 50 moments: i thought id list them, even though the list isn't that great. here goes:

50. Bond meets Blofeld (YOLT)
    49. PTS (FRWL)
    48. Killing Elektra (TWINE)
    47. Jinx emerges from sea (DAD)
    46. Two-wheel truck (LTK)
    45. Little nellie (YOLT)
    44. Hornet barrel roll (TMWTGG)
    43. Underwater war (TB)
    42. I think he's attempting re-entry (MR)
    41. Zorin laughs, then dies (AVTAK)
    40. Craig in trunks (CR)
    39. Bond defuses atom bomb (GF)
    38. Necros fight (TLD)
    37. I think he got the point (TB)
    36. Cello case sled (TLD)
    35. Skydive fight (MR)
    34. Death by lighter (LTK)
    33. You're a sexist, misogynist dinosaur (GE)
    32. Vertiginous car chase (QOS)
    31. Jetpack escape (TB)
    30. Bond meets vesper (CR)
    29. Kicking a car off a cliff (FYEO)
    28. Q shows bond ejector seat (GF)
    27. Thames boat chase (TWINE)
    26. This never happened to the other fellow (OHMSS)
    25. Bond takes the DBS for a spin (CR)
    24. Cable car fight with Jaws (MR)
    23. Ninjas storm volcano base (YOLT)
    22. Scramanga vs Bond (TMWTGG)
    21. Shocking, positively shocking (GF)
    20. Tracy getting shot (OHMSS)
    19. PTS (CR)
    18. Fight with Oddjob (GF)
    17. Crocodile stepping stones (LALD)
    16. Opening Credits (GF)
    15. Theme music kicks in at end of movie (CR)
    14. Speed boat chase (LALD)
    13. Tank chase (GE)
    12. Never let them see you bleed, Q's exit (TWINE)
    11. Shaken or Stirred,Do i look like i give a damn (CR)
    10. For england james, no for me (GE)
    09. Golden Girl (GF)
    08. Lotus turns into sub (TSWLM)
    07. Honey's introduction (DN)
    06. Fight on the orient express (FRWL)
    05. Bungee jump (GE)
    04. Union jack parachute escape (TSWLM)
    03. Laser to the balls (GF)
    02. Bond, James Bond (DN)
    01. Parkour chase (CR)

Ok, I love CR's chase, but the intro in DN should be the undisputed #1.
    Ok, I love CR's chase, but the intro in DN should be the undisputed #1.

I agree.