James Bond Unmasked Book

edited May 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 41
I'm opening up the topic about my book for discussion.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How recent are the interviews in the book?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    We've already got a topic up and running - with lots of lovely comments in it too:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3083/james-bond-unmasked-all-6-bond-actors-interviewed
  • Sorry, would it be easier to continue the other thread rather than starting a new one here?
  • I started the interviews in 1999 with Pierce Brosnan on TWINE. I got an assignment from Variety to interview other actors for the 40th anniversary in 2002. I rounded up the other four and followed up with Brosnan for DAD. Then I got the opportunity to interview Daniel Craig for his first two films. Most of the interview material was unpublished, so I decided to use their insights as a roadmap for chronicling the evolution of Bond, actor by actor and film by film.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That is awesome. How did it feel to be in the presence of Sean? He seems like he would be intimidating.
  • It was a phoner with him while he took a break from filming The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I was lucky to get him since he rarely discusses Bond anymore. The unit publicist sent him the request and he said yes. He was utterly charming and made sure that Terence Young got his due. Moore was a phoner as well and the others were in person.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Sorry, would it be easier to continue the other thread rather than starting a new one here?

It would be easier as this one will be most likely be locked soon as there's little point in having two threads on the same thing.

Very interesting how you've managed to put everything together though, the book should make for a really good read. Great that Amazon have agreed to publish it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Thanks Sam.

By all means re post in the linked thread.
This discussion has been closed.