Alfonso Cuarón, David Yates, Mike Newell (Matthew Vaughn , John Madden)

M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
edited February 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 4,416
With so much crew members of Harry Potter, the change Alfonso Cuarón, David Yates or Mike Newell wil direct Bond 24 is very big.

So do you think one of the 3 going to do Bond 24 or Bond 25. The quistion is not who you whant but you think it goig to be if so. Looking to the facts, crew members/cast members who be introduced for CR and/or QOS and now work for Skyfall. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1074638/fullcredits#cast

Or do you have another feeling and think for example the change Matthew Vaughn or John Madden wil direct Bond 24, who i think made a change too.

Some facts:

Alfonso Cuarón whas credit for QOS together with Guillermo del Toro. What there did is not realy confirmd, because there be Mexian possible there be translaters. On the old forums there alrready be some discussion about Alfonso Cuarón and Guillermo del Toro doing for QOS. Wil one of the 2 of mabey both direct a future Bond movie ? James Bond wil possible return to Mexico for Bond 24.

Some people who made Children of Men with Alfonso Cuarón are crew members for Skyfall or QOS. Example is Paul Inglis who working on QOS already. Remember Dennis Gassner the Canadian production designer be introduced in OQS and workt earlier with Sam Mendes and make some movies Daniel Craig

Ralp Fienes, Helen McCrory & Maggie Smith are cast members from earlier Harry Potter movies. Robbie Coltrane be first seen in Bond and then also play a part in the Harry Potter movies.

Jany Temime be the costume designer of Skyfall, she started her costume desing for Harry Potter movies with the 4th one. She replace Lindy Hemming who work on Harry Potter 1 & 2 and Ge til CR. It whas realy freshing Lindy Hemming be replaced for QOS. Jany Temime costume design the moost various Potter movie who is directed by Mike Newell.

David Yates and Mike Newell both be English directers.

Facts linked to Matthew Vaughn and John Madden:

John Madden direct a movie who is written by Matthew Vaughn. Some crew members who working on Skyfall some linked to Harry Potter from above working on X-men first class. Matthew Vaughn the directer of Layer Cake starring Daniel Craig. John Madden direct The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel a movie starring Judi Dench and Maggie Smith composed by Thomas Newman. Thomas Newman linked with Sam Mendes and composer of Skyfall.

-

Who make the biggest change to direct Bond 24 or/and Bond 25
Alfonso Cuarón
Guillermo del Toro
Mike Newell
David Yates
Matthew Vaughn
John Madden
Cuarón, Newell or Yates
Vaughn or Madden
None of them

Comments

Very long post. I don't think it follows that an HP director will necessarily do Bond, although cannot rule anything out.
  • Cuarón and Del Toro provided additional voices for QoS. According to an article I read about it, they did the voices for the Bolivian Army as a favor to Marc Forster. I guess they did the voices for the pilot during the dog fight, and some voices during the final battle or something. Cuarón was originally supposed to play the helicopter pilot in the dog fight, but his scene was either cut or never shot!

So, that's the end of the affiliation with Bond. However, I would like both of them for futher Bonds, as they both have a nice vibe! Also, Matt Vaugh would be great, because I love Layer Cake!
    I think there could be a good chance Christopher Nolan will be in the frame seeing as this is his last Batman film?
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Matthew Vauhgn wouldn't be a bad pick for a future Bond flick director (especially as he did a terrific job with Layer Cake, in which he got a great deal out of Daniel Craig), however that's been mentioned a kajillion times before...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hopefully none of them, though Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite under Cuaron, but I'd rather have Nolan or Mendes again.
    Hopefully none of them, though Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite under Cuaron, but I'd rather have Nolan or Mendes again.

Looking at what we have seen and know? I would not mind Mendes again too! So i really hope he is having a good time filming this movie!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Likewise. Mendes hasn't finished filming but the vibes I'm getting are increasingly positive. If SF turns out to be the sex then without a shadow of a doubt I'd like for Mendes to return. However, in terms of the Potter alumni, i always said I'd love a Bond flick directed by Yates.