SPECTRE Spoilerish News and discussions

Comments

I hope one way or the other, they find out what happened to help the families deal with their grief.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 1,639
    -Cockpit window exploded due to wear/faulty and in desperate attempt they tried to return to airport ? (Southwest Airlines and the hole in the roof , sometimes even minor flaws can be dangerous)

-Terrorists tried to hijack it , might've wanted to hit let's say a building in Singapore , but they were not capable/few flight lessons to fly it or it simply jammed on them (but then again if the plane went down anyway you could prolly say they were successful even if no building was hit)
    Could it be like '05 Helios disaster in Greece where cabin pressure fell and they all fainted , that *does* sound like a plausible theory.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Malaysian police are cooperating with Interpol at the moment looking into the background of all passengers, consentrating especially on two Iranians with false passports, and an Uighur muslim with flight simulation training. I have it from a Malaysian website in English, cannot remember the link, sorry.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I heard on the news this morning that they, too, are now thinking that it was either a terrorist attack or pilot suicide, as I thought it might be.
    Now there's a surprise huh , *not* :(
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I think we all pretty much surmised that foul play was involved. This story is getting odder, yet more fascinating.

The plane is now anywhere between Kazakhstan and the Southern Indian Ocean off of Australia.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Kerim wrote:
    I think we all pretty much surmised that foul play was involved. This story is getting odder, yet more fascinating.

The plane is now anywhere between Kazakhstan and the Southern Indian Ocean off of Australia.

I just read about that, and totally agree: as more time goes by, the more bizarre and interesting the story gets.

• edited March 2014 Posts: 1,639
    It's hijacked all right...why else turn transponder off ?

If captain helped hijackers , in this scenario co-pilot/passengers will be helpless. They were given guns by the captain who hid them in cockpit for a long time and also might've threatened to blow it up mid-air , passengers wouldn't dare pull a stunt under those circumstances.

If this is the case it's blackmail (force countries to pay up for the passengers) and/or to use plane in terror attack , unsettling to say the least. They'd kill if they saw someone fidgetting with a cel phone.

Sounds like Delta Force movie plot cept transponder thing and captain being in cahoots.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 7,653
    Untill they find the plane I am not sure what happened, for all we know it could be lying on the bottom of the sea.

Every 12 hours the tune changes of what might have happened.

Fact is: everybody loves the mystery of it. But the ending is most probably not good.
    Sadly the ending for those people is grim :(
    It is quite astonishing that not a trace of the plane has still not come to light?
    IMO , clues will pop up eventually.......might be weeks/months though.
    They piss and moan about liquids but overlook phony passports.........
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26717269

He was kicked in the Thunderballs! ;-)
    It's not often you come across a heart warming story but this had a really nice end to it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26755905
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    That is one gorgeous car!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Can't talk -- drooling. =P~
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Sadly, this will not be Bond's car in B24. It's a small-production car that looks like an Aston, albeit it looks really good, and really retro.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Really nice cars.
    Remember to set your clocks for Summertime this Sunday (for those who have that stupid arrangement, that is).
  • zebrafish wrote:
    Sadly, this will not be Bond's car in B24. It's a small-production car that looks like an Aston, albeit it looks really good, and really retro.

David Brown cars - the David Brown have designed this. We must get Bond into this car for 24.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    zebrafish wrote:

David Brown cars - the David Brown have designed this. We must get Bond into this car for 24.

Not the same David Brown.
  • Sandy wrote:
    zebrafish wrote:

Not the same David Brown.

Funny that a david brown has made a david brown car - the lord moves in weird ways.

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited March 2014 Posts: 4,312
    Drool...

• edited March 2014 Posts: 11,425
    That is a very nice update of the DB5. Impressive work from the designer, who I see is one Alan Mobberley, formerly of Tata, Jaguar Land Rover and Peugeot.

While this is a lovely car, this kind of story just makes we think about what the UK has lost over the years in terms of marques and manufacturing capacity. All in the same month that it was announced UK balance of payments deficit had reached a record high.

With notable exception of JLR, which is now Indian owned, we really have practically nothing left, apart from nostalgie for lost hey-day, of which this car, while beautiful, is really just a part.