"Why didn't you learn the violin?" - Playing the music of James Bond

edited January 2012 in Music Posts: 1,817
We all love the music of Bond movies, but I'm interested on knowing if anyone plays Bond music in any instrument.
I suppose I can start saying that I have studied a little of classical guitar and I have attempted to make some arrangements of Bond themes. They are not great but it's fun to play. I would say my finest are On Her Majesty's Secret Service Main Theme and Goldfinger, also some so-so themes of my own are Live and Let Die, A View to a Kill (in the style of Wine with Stacy), The Living Daylights, Nobody Does it Better, Vesper, and Inside Man.

Comments

• tqbtqb
    You should record them and post it on youtube :p
    I play the piano/keyboards
    I know the Bond theme. used to know Nobody Does it Better- but i forgot it (I play music by ear/ Can't read it)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,817
    tqb wrote:
    You should record them and post it on youtube :p
    I play the piano/keyboards
    I know the Bond theme. used to know Nobody Does it Better- but i forgot it (I play music by ear/ Can't read it)

Is there a simpler way of uploading a recording than by youtube?
    I just made an arrangement for guitar of You Only Live Twice... sound very decent in my opinion.
    I wish you people can give me your appraisal!
  • I can play LALD on drums.
  • Dude just love title of thread. Reminds me of how great Timothy was as Bond...he should have done GE.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Dude just love title of thread. Reminds me of how great Timothy was as Bond...he should have done GE.

I think Brosnan did great in GE and I wouldn't want to take his best film away from him.

Dalton should've done a few more films though, he should've started with FYEO in 1983 (Moore does OP in 81), then done AVTAK, TLD and LTK, then 2 more films in the 90s.
    I can play LALD on drums.

And what a about YKMN, as I understand you like it a lot?