Bond On Set: Skyfall

brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
edited January 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 1,400
Is Gregg Williams doing one?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I would guess, yes. He better!
    I´ve got the others, CR and QOS, so he better do a SF one.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    he did a DAD one too..I have all three. I wrote him, no resp as yet
    There will be a 'Bond on Set' book for Skyfall: http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/collecting_2012_books_preview.php3?t=&s=articles&id=02901

I'm sure it will be by Gregg Williams.
    i too hope that he will if not already returns? The books are fantastic additions to any Bond collection.
    =bg= wrote:
    he did a DAD one too..I have all three. I wrote him, no resp as yet

DAD? What´s that?

just kidding, I remember the cover, it was cool
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    The final cover, and some new photos from BOND ON SET - FILMING SKYFALL.

jbbr_bos_capa.png

jbbr_bos_patrice.png

jbbr_bos_severine.png
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 40,447
    I have a statement and a question that I'm hoping someone could help me out with for this:

A.) I know the main page has it listed as being $40, but I just saw it on Amazon for less than $27.50, free shipping, though I'm not sure how legitimate that article is, as the other listing for it has the cover posted, and it's only $30 there.

B.) I've never purchased a 'Bond on Set' book, sadly, but are there any detachable (without ripping out the pages and ruining it) stills, posters, etc. within?
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

jbbr_bos_capa.png

jbbr_bos_patrice.png

jbbr_bos_severine.png

Is that really the cover? It looks like some poor fan art. I know people on this forum who could do better. Poor choice of picture and awful cut-out and solid colour background. God I hope they change this before publication, just so bloody awful.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I have a statement and a question that I'm hoping someone could help me out with for this:

A.) I know the main page has it listed as being $40, but I just saw it on Amazon for less than $27.50, free shipping, though I'm not sure how legitimate that article is, as the other listing for it has the cover posted, and it's only $30 there.

B.) I've never purchased a 'Bond on Set' book, sadly, but are there any detachable (without ripping out the pages and ruining it) stills, posters, etc. within?

I can't answer A, but as for B, not with any of the previous books. I don't recall there being any posters, the books are more like photo albums.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

jbbr_bos_capa.png

jbbr_bos_patrice.png

jbbr_bos_severine.png

Is that really the cover? It looks like some poor fan art. I know people on this forum who could do better. Poor choice of picture and awful cut-out and solid colour background. God I hope they change this before publication, just so bloody awful.

I personally think the cover looks brilliant :)
    DCisared wrote:
    I personally think the cover looks brilliant :)

Me too. It's a bit different from the usual stuff . It's great!
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited August 2012 Posts: 1,182
    I'm with @Lancaster007 on this. I don't like the cover. It doesn't do justice to the absolutely amazing photos included in the book.
    The cover is great! Reminds me of old Michael Caine movies from the 60s!
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    edited August 2012 Posts: 1,874
    Cheers gt007. I'm either way out of touch or those guys don't know shit from shinola! This just looks like something I'd have done during year one of print studies. I would like to see what some fan art would look like.
    Kananga - that probably is the reason I don't like it much, we're in the 2000s now! I'm not saying the Sixties is bad (I was born in '61) or that things shouldn't take/mimic the past but honestly…if the DB5 wasn't there it would just be some fellow on a pheasant shoot! - Hasn't stopped me pre-ordering it on Amazon though! Never judge a book by it's cover.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    It looks great! I really love this cover; its cool and Dan looks awesome as Bond here. So obviously not many lukewarm responses; love it or hate it, but I do love it. And I am getting this book.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Oh I'm getting the book too. I may not like the cover, but as they say, don't judge a book by its cover. The photos inside look amazing. I have the last two BOND ON SET books and the photos are absolutely beautiful.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Regarding the third of @marketto007 's pictures:

The painting in the background behind Severine looks like "La femme a l'eventail" (Woman with a Fan) by Amedeo Modigliani.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/artofescape/6354185521/
    The picture was stolen in May 2010 from a Parisian art museum.

This might be another nod to Bond history, this time to Dr. No, which featured a then famous painting in his hide-away as well. Since the picture in Skyfall is unfinished,
    my guess is that Severine actually might be an art forger employed by Silva.
    Good spot @zebrafish, good spot.
    Seriously looking forward to adding this to my collection! Some nice looking pictures once again. Great to see the behind the scenes fun stuff too, as it does give you an idea of the fun they had whilst making the movie.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Wonderful news. This is must have book and I love what I've seen so far. I like the cover too, by the way, different to what's been done in the past.
    We managed to pop up on ComingSoon.net again, so congratulations to everyone who brought this news up:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93349
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    The cover's all wrong, but can't wait for the book - Williams' photo efforts (and the books in which they're contained) for DAD, CR and QOS were all awesome, offering a unique, intimate behind-the-scenes look at the world of modern Bond... :)
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I've just now bought the Die Another Day book because of this news, for £8.80 too. Not a bad price. I hope being Williams' first, it's just as good as the others.
    I have to say I love what bond is wearing on the cover , DC pulls it off so so well .
    This is the HIGH RES cover.

BOS-COVER.jpg
    edited August 2012 Posts: 1,329
    At the beginning I was scared of getting under his feet. The last thing anyone needs on a movie set is another photographer because you get in people’s eyeline and that can make some people uncomfortable but Sam was a jolly nice bloke, he obviously knows exactly what he wants and you can see why he’s at the very top of this game. There was such attention to detail. One day they were shooting a scene where a load of guns get fired into the roof of an office block but after they shot it Sam thought the way the plaster fell wasn’t quite right so they reshot it just so the plaster fell off the ceiling in a particular way. Other people might look at it and go, “That’s all right, move on’” but Sam wanted it to be perfect which is something I really admire. That’s an example of the meticulous attention to detail he brings to Bond.

This?? @GermanLady ?

Or the bit about DC and his fondness of photography? Lol
    That's very cool to hear about Mendes. I hear that reshoots like that can become tedious and annoying. Depp and Mann had a falling out on 'Public Enemies' because Mann was honed in on perfection, and while Depp said it was cool to ride on top of an old car and fire a Thompson submachine gun 100x, it became old very quick.
    Great interview. Thank you. I can't wait for this book, it may well be the best Bond on Set yet.