Dame Maggie Smith rumoured for Skyfall role

BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
edited January 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 14,896
According to http://www.imdb.com/ (IMDB) Dame Maggie Smith is rumoured for a role in the upcoming Skyfall.
Details as to whether this is true are yet to be confirmed.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1074638/fullcredits#cast

Dame Maggie Smith is the mother of former Bond villain Toby Stephens who appeared as Gustav Graves in 2002's Die Another Day.

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Fingers crossed for that one
    Very dubious this. IMDB is not the most reliable for casting info. Cant see an actor/actress of her calibre being added at thiks late stage. Hope I,m wrong though!
    I believe this was first posted on Facebook, where it was quickly shot down.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I believe this was first posted on Facebook, where it was quickly shot down.

I also think so. Perhaps someone bought it and put it on IMDB. However, if it turns out to be true it will be another great addition to the cast. For now I'm not buying it.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Yes, @shadowonthesun is right. I don't buy any of it, though I'd love for it to be true.

I didn't know Toby Stephens is her son! Interesting piece of information.
    would be an excellent addition to the cast, just gotta figure out who she would be?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Also to add, Dench has said she'd love to have a part in Downton Abby, a series Smith is a part of. So this 'rumour' is just turning the tables.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2012 Posts: 4,460
    A couple of days a go i already saw her name on that imdb page like the names of Graham Curry and Kris Dillon Jr. But earlier some other names also be at who be removed after 2 days.

On Maggie Smith her page somebody started a thread http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001749/board/thread/192236899 that the remour comes from a magazine totalfilm and she going to play a russian general. I must think about Lotte Lenya, Rosa Klebb in FRWL.

I whant to believe Graham Curry who is crew memeber having part as Civilian at MI6 HQ (uncredited). A stunt guy of QOS be M her body guard ''Mitchell'' in QOS.

Kris Dillon Jr. as Commuter (uncredited) I must think about Boris..

None of the 3 names is seen on castingcallpro or filmcrewpro. The last updates about those you can read in this thread http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1883/castingcallpro-and-filmcrewpro-skyfall-castings
  • old news.....I posted in another thread
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    She could substitute Judi Dench, if Judi gets out, and they'll need another M. But the thinking of her in a Bond movie by now, it's like hopeless IMO.
    [Reposting]
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    She could substitute Judi Dench, if Judi gets out, and they'll need another M. But the thinking of her in a Bond movie by now, it's like hopeless IMO.
    [Reposting]

no more old female Ms - i know its the only time there's been a female M, but i am tired of the (M)other Hen approach... this new M needs to be a man IMO... and if that singular rumor of Ralph Fiennes taking over as M turns out to be true - than thank heavens..

• Does anyone happen to have any updates on this possible casting? Thanks.
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    It was a made up rumour by IMBD, nothing has, or will, come of it.
  • Thank you Samuel!
    Now that we know she actually had a role, anybody think of where she fits in with all we know now?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Now that we know she actually had a role, anybody think of where she fits in with all we know now?

Is this true? I had not heard confirmation she is in it.

Any way, if she is in it, then my money is on her appearing in the Skyfall lodge sequences as a Scottish house-keeper or distant relative/old friend of Bond's parents. Perhaps Finney's wife - they might look after the lodge together.
    Getafix wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Is this true? I had not heard confirmation she is in it.

Any way, if she is in it, then my money is on her appearing in the Skyfall lodge sequences as a Scottish house-keeper or distant relative/old friend of Bond's parents. Perhaps Finney's wife - they might look after the lodge together.

She's in a government role from what we know. She confirmed her involvement in an interview at the Harry Potter premier I think. Said Mendes emailed her and asked her if she wanted to be involved. I don't think its a major role.
    That was Helen McCrory. Maggie Smith was an IMDB rumour, someone just added it in and it stuck and got round the net.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    That was Helen McCrory. Maggie Smith was an IMDB rumour, someone just added it in and it stuck and got round the net.

Yes, that makes more sense.
    Oh *blushes* me and my knowledge -or lack thereof - of actresses. Anyways... *leaves the party*
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I would love it if Dame Maggie showed up. I'm sure she'd put a new spin on "Oh, James!"