what if........... mr white turns out to be blofeld

edited March 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 12,837
I'm gonna try n make these "what if" threads a regular kind of thing

ok I started a thread about the possibility of blofeld returning on several sites. This site had the most negative response to the idea and in a way rightly so. But in that thread somebody suggested that mr white could be the new blofeld type character but with quantum, which is a great idea. Now lets say white takes over, lets say that in so many years time the franchise is still going and people are bored with quantum being the main villians, time for change again. Lets say Bond takes out quantum once and for all but white is seriously injured in some kind of explosion perhaps??? White garners a scar on his eye and is being hunted by the goverment. So white ditches his mysterious persona, shaves his head and goes by his real name, ernst starvo blofeld. White then forms SPECTRE and..... bam, right back where we started. Meaning bond has completed the cycle and the orgins of everything before dr no have been explained.

Comments

Can't after the actors outburst earlier this year I seriously doubt he'll be back

Any way to soap operay
  • Can't see that myself but interesting thought process.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nah. I can't see it. You are thinking more of Craig's Bond as related to the Connery Bonds and the others in sequential order. I don't see it that way. I see it as a real reboot. None of the events in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and millenium Bonds will occur in the future for Craig's Bond. I view Craig as a Bond in this new modern time, where modern missions and events will come forth to mark his career, no occurrences in his future of the events of that of the past films.
    Mr White is Blofeld?
    So Mathis really is Nick Nack, Felix Leiter is Dr. Klaus Hergeshaimer and M is Sheriff JW Pepper...
  • Mr White is Blofeld?
    So Mathis really is Nick Nack, Felix Leiter is Dr. Klaus Hergeshaimer and M is Sheriff JW Pepper...
    A bit unkind number 13, I like the idea, hiding in plain sight and slipped through JB's fingers. It would really wind this Bond up.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Can't after the actors outburst earlier this year I seriously doubt he'll be back
    That was actually in 2010 - how time flies - and Christensen has already cleared that up. He was taken out of context by the press.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=8336&t=mi6&s=tb
    Why not just call Mr. White "Blofeld" from the start and be done with it?
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Why not just call Mr. White "Blofeld" from the start and be done with it?
    Because some people, though I can never understand why, think their absurd ideas will actually be used by EON. Mad but there you have it.

Still, this is the first White as Blofeld thread we've had as far as I know.

White could make for a great head of Quantum mind, if given the right character development.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Mr White is Blofeld?
    Don't forget Camille and Fields as the Kung Fu girls.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Little do many know that Gregory Beem was indeed Mr. Mendel, and vice versa. Beem hates throwing out a Swiss accent, and Mendel hates being thrown into the same basket as the CIA.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 1,817
    "A bit unkind" Forgotmyusername?? Spare me this sentimental rubbish! Thelivingroyale knew the risks!
    By the way, Mr Greene is Quarrell.
  • "A bit unkind" Forgotmyusername?? Spare me this sentimental rubbish! Thelivingroyale knew the risks!
    By the way, Mr Greene is Quarrell.

Mr White is Blofeld?
    Don't forget Camille and Fields as the Kung Fu girls.
    And Daniel Craig as a banana.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    It's an interesting theory, I will give ya that.
    I can't see it. Mr. White's just a lackey. Probably parks the bosses car too and grooms the cat.
    I always liken Mr. white to Quantum's 007 the man who can get anything done but Is a lot older then 007 so Quantum must turn to a new master assain to kill bond Alberto Risico played by Javier Bardem....

Ok so that won't happen but man if it does :D
  • White won't be Blofeld or anywhere near it, last we saw of him was on the Baja Oil Rig at the end of Diamonds, or was it being dropped down an incinerator chimney during the FYEO teaser?, either way, this character seems destined to belong in Connery/Lazenby days and it'd be a major surprise to see 'him' back when Craig is about, a real let down too, Blofeld simply has no place in 21st century Bond I strongly feel

I don't care if Mr White turns out to be the devil himself, but Blofeld? , meh.

What a crap send off for Blofeld in FWEO too. Bond's biggest threat, the leader of SPECTRE. Does he die in deadly fisticuffs as bullets and debris fly around in his exploding lair? NO. He gets dropped in an incinerator. Tisk tisk.... You don't kill the Joker by sending him off in a car crash do you?
  • Actually, there was no way to determine if that actually WAS Blofeld who Moore took out, fans and viewers are just led to believe that's who it was supposed to be, there has been no solid evidence to say at the time or after 'That was Blofeld'. Could just be that's it's some Bond nemesis of some variation at the time that Moore puts in place. The real Blofeld went for a Burton on the Oil Rig in '71 ten years earlier many dispute

I know he appeared in NSNA, but since that was an unofficial Bond Movie, therefore any characters portrayed are unofficial Bond characters, as far as I am concerned, Blofeld (or at least his character) was officially terminated at the end of Diamonds Are Forever
    Actually, there was no way to determine if that actually WAS Blofeld who Moore took out, fans and viewers are just led to believe that's who it was supposed to be, there has been no solid evidence to say at the time or after 'That was Blofeld'. Could just be that's it's some Bond nemesis of some variation at the time that Moore puts in place.
    Even Moore on the commentary has said "that's Blofeld who we're not allowed to call Blofeld". With Bond also visiting Tracy's grave I don't think there's any doubt this picks up from the end of On Her Majesty's Secret Service and who the character is meant to be.
  • So Blofeld survives the Oil Rig assault in Diamonds and disappears off the Bond radar for ten years?

I guess that's plausible enough, as we didn't 'actually' see Blofeld die at the end, just his escape boat being swung about and all by Connery, I guess there will be some further dispute about this from some areas, but in FYEO they never actually referred to the character and said who it was, or was supposed to be.

All said, I think a Blofeld return seems unlikely, maybe he's taken 30 years to climb out of that chimney, but in all seriousness I can't envisage a return of this character again

I seem to remember hearing the PTS of FYEO was actually a prologue, an event that already happened between Bond and Blofeld. Does anyone else remember hearing this?
  • probably at some stage. Haven't seen this Moore entry in a while but can still remember the London chopper teaser as clear as day, I still insist that Mr Blofeld was most likely officially made redundant after Diamonds, at least on film, It's obvious to some there's some ambiguity as to what really went on at the start of FYEO and who was doing what, but actually now that you mention it, Moore could well have encountered Blofeld again by some reversal of fortune and the FYEO teaser could well have been set in a time before 1981 rather than the rest of the movie.

I don't know :O
    Here's my theory. By the way, some other members had the same idea as me before I brought this up in conversation on the forums, so maybe it's the commonly believed one. Anyway:

To clarify, You Only Live Twice is followed by Diamonds Are Forever - Blofeld has the same uniform in both films and the plastic sugeory at the start seems to show Pleasence being transformed into Gray. This Blofeld dies if you like, in the oil rig attack. Hence no Tracy reference, Connery in both films and all the rest.

Separate timeline:

On Her Majesty's Secret Service, where Bond has been tracking down Blofeld off-screen, is followed by the For Your Eyes Only PTS. That's why he's in a wheelchair with his neckbrace still, just like the end of Majesty's and Bond is visiting his recently killed wife. Oh and again similar outfits in both films for Blofeld.

Now I must apologise for steering this thread so far off-topic. Sorry.
  • It's not off topic.

Blofeld is involved, and has been right from the off

But I'm content to let this Blofeld death mystery lie for now

The producers made too big of a mess of the Blofeld storyline to revive the character.
    Only Telly Savalas was interesting and threatening. Pleasance and Gray were cartoons.
  • The biggest problem was Blofeld took on a different appearance each time he was featured, or wasn't.

The very earliest mentions we never even got to see him, i.e. From Russia With Love and Thunderball we never get to see what Blofeld resembles, YOLT saw Pleasence in the role, 'Kojak' of all people for OHMSS and then Charles Gray for Diamonds, and each time Blofeld took on a different appearance

As true as I am sitting here when the first time I saw OHMSS some years after it's release I expected Blofeld to pull out a Lollipop and ask Lazenby 'who loves ya baby'

But yes, Gray carried little on screen threat, Pleasence was more menacing but quiet, and Savalas, a good actor but didn't really find him that convincing in that particular role
    The producers made too big of a mess of the Blofeld storyline to revive the character.
    But that's the beauty of the reboot - the producers could revive the cahracter with ease.
  • It's an interesting idea, but once again, Mr Blofeld belongs in the 60s/70s, not present time Bond

I think a 2012 variation giving Craig threats and stroking a cat would just look out of sorts..
    I think it could be done reasonbly. I could see Blofeld and Marc-Ange Draco being the patriarchs of rival crime families in Eastern Europe. Once titans of the organised crime world, their empires have long since crumbled to the point where they have jsut a handful of followers, and they are now two bitter old men who will continue to war with someone so long as the other still lives. Where their names were once feared, they have now been largely fogotten.