New members - introduce yourself

Comments

There,you see ? you have a heart of gold....
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ah I see. No, I don't remember that alias. Thanks for filling me in.

It is the cover name he uses in Fleming's last novel The Man with the Golden Gun (1965) - Mark Hazard. Bond also uses this alias in some of the comic strips in the Daily Express interestingly.
  • Mark_HazzardMark_Hazzard Classified
    Naturally @4EverBonded. It's Bond cover in the novel The Man With The Golden Gun.
    Hello everyone! I have been a long-time fan of 007 since I can remember and I'm finally here on the boards again! I was a member on here years ago...probably back in 2004. This was certainly a different, obviously more traditional message board, but a change is always nice and I look forward to being apart of this community again!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Welcome back, dude.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,924
    NSNA_dude wrote: »
    NSNA_dude
    Huh? You've got NSNA in your username?! DUUUUUUUUDE!!! \m/

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to discussing NSNA with you and the other fans. There's four of us now :)
    Welcome back, dude.
    And he's still in good shape.
  • Hi there. (: So, I'm a 19 year old girl from the Netherlands and I've seen every James Bond movie three to ten times, my favorite one being From Russia With Love. I've been keeping up with some of the discussions on this forum and decided it might be more convenient to actually create an account. Not sure if this topic is still used for introductory purposes but I thought I'd give it a shot.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Hallo, @SuzanneStone! Altijd fijn om iemand uit de lage landen hier te hebben. Waar ergens in Nederland woon je? ;-) In elk geval, welkom op ons forum!

______

Hi there, @SuzanneStone! It's always good to have someone from the Netherlands among us. Where in Holland do you live? ;-) Either way, welcome to our forum!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    A hearty welcome aboard to NSNA_dude and SuzanneStone!
    We have tons of threads - dive right in. Hope you enjoy our forum. :)
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 372
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Hallo, @SuzanneStone! Altijd fijn om iemand uit de lage landen hier te hebben. Waar ergens in Nederland woon je? ;-) In elk geval, welkom op ons forum!

______

Hi there, @SuzanneStone! It's always good to have someone from the Netherlands among us. Where in Holland do you live? ;-) Either way, welcome to our forum!

Didn't know there were other Dutch people on this site. :D Anyway thank you, and I live in Brabant. Hoop dat je het niet erg vindt dat ik Engels spreek, dan kunnen anderen het ook volgen haha.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Welcome to all our latest members. @NSNA_dude nice to have a member return after an absence. And hello to @SuzanneStone , now there's a name to die for. ;)
    (Couldn't resist)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Welcome here, SS. There are several Dutch folks here.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Welcome here, SS. There are several Dutch folks here.

Our beloved @M_Balje chief amongst them.
  • Someone got the movie reference :)

This is gonna sound dumb, but how do you refer to a particular person in text posts? So their username shows up in blue and an '@' symbol I mean. It's so I don't keep quoting what everyone says.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited August 2014 Posts: 23,539
    @SuzanneStone, just type the "@" and immediately after that a username and the system does the rest. :-)
    Hello, my name is Sara and I' m very happy to be signed up in this community.. but i don' t write well in english XD I apologize for my possible mistakes... ( if i write well XD)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Welcome to the forum, @Sara007. We could always do with more female fans here. Tell us about yourself- how/when did you become a Bond fan, favourite film etc. Neat shades, BTW :)>-
    Thanks @QBranch .. so i' m a james bond fan since last year.. i love especially sean connery because i think that he was the better actor who has interpreted james bond, he was the personfication of the intelligence agent, he has established un epoch of the secrets agent's films. he was and is the better actor in the history of james bond, not only because was the first actor that was interpreted james but because HE IS James bond.. i like also roger moore and pierce brosnan.
    Welcome @Sara007 (I like your Fleetwood Mac song name!). Where are you from? Don't worry about your English, it ain't my mother tongue either but here all members are always very respectful about it, with me and with anybody else.
    I'm from Sardinia, i've 19 years old:D...
    Welcome to the forums @Sara007 don't worry about your English. There are English speaking members here who don't. ;)
    Have a look around (if you haven't already) and jump into discussions when you're ready.
    Coming from Sardinia, have you visited any of the locations from The Spy Who Loved Me?
    no.. i haven't visited the location from the spy who loved me but i'd like go to the location because i'm pries to see as the bit is changed
    Welcome to all our new members! Enjoy and join in the fun!!! :O)
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Delete
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Welcome, @Sara007! Nice avatar, too. :) Don't worry about your English, just join in. I'd like to visit Sardinia someday. I'm from America, but I'm now teaching in Japan. I only speak English (not proud of that, though). I admire other people who can write and speak in more than one language.
    Thanks @4EverBonded.. I try to speak English,
  • hmmmmm this should be interesting. I always enjoy seeing how forums work. being the definition of forums is the following
    fo·rum
    ˈfôrəm/Submit
    noun
    a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    "it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research"
    synonyms: meeting, assembly, gathering, rally, conference, seminar, convention, symposium, colloquium, caucus; More
    an Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board.
    NORTH AMERICAN
    a court or tribunal.

also how people react to opinions
    o·pin·ion
    əˈpinyən/Submit
    noun
    a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
    "I'm writing to voice my opinion on an issue of great importance"
    synonyms: belief, judgment, thought(s), (way of) thinking, mind, (point of) view, viewpoint, outlook, attitude, stance, position, perspective, persuasion, standpoint; More
    the beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing.
    "the changing climate of opinion"
    an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.
    "I had a higher opinion of myself than I deserved"

with that being said I do hope that this forum shows me how true these definitions will apply
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    Hi, I'm Campbell. Am a Bond fan for over two decades, have seen all films and read every Bond book by Fleming. At the moment Dalton is my favourite Bond. Favourite Bond films are TB, OHMSS, TLD and CR. Favourite book is currently OHMSS. Have read some but not all continuations. Well, that's about it.
    Welcome aboard @Campbell2, that's a fine list of favourites you have there.
    Hope you enjoy your time here.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Campbell2 wrote: »
    At the moment Dalton is my favourite Bond.
    A man of good taste, I see!