Daniel Craig says he doesn't want to do another Bond; Spectre may be his last

Comments

Craig is coming back, no question.
    SP will be massive hit, so he will be back to continue the story.
    Now ditching Mendes would be a good idea so Craig can go out with a Bond minus melodrama finish.
    Craig has said he would like to do a Moore type Bond, but it won't happen until Sam is gone
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 11,425
    100% agree @BondJasonBond006. Like him a lot in Prometheus as well, and just started watching Luther here on Netflix.

His performance as Stringer Bell in The Wire is masterful - still his best piece of work IMO. I could actually see him as Bond but think he will be too old by the time Dan steps down.
    timmer wrote: »
    Craig is coming back, no question.
    SP will be massive hit, so he will be back to continue the story.
    Now ditching Mendes would be a good idea so Craig can go out with a Bond minus melodrama finish.
    Craig has said he would like to do a Moore type Bond, but it won't happen until Sam is gone

A nice straight Bond mission would be fun.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Germanlady wrote: »
    His remark of "..but I don't make predictions" leaves it open, so there is really no different answer to the whole issue then before. We don't know and he probably doesn't either.

Not really. It's like him being asked if he was going to do another movie after CR and some of his responses were, "I don't know. We'll see how this first film does first".
    doubleoego wrote: »
    His remark of "..but I don't make predictions" leaves it open, so there is really no different answer to the whole issue then before. We don't know and he probably doesn't either.

Not really. It's like him being asked if he was going to do another movie after CR and some of his responses were, "I don't know. We'll see how this first film does first".

But exactly. It all depended then and now on how it goes. Plus I feel, there might be other thoughts involved now after 10 years.
    But he knows the process, he knows, he is done for a while after doing those monsters, but also knows, you feel fresh again regarding doing one after a while. IMO for those, who just read headlines and Co, its a done deal, he will leave. If Sp. isn't another big success on all levels, it might feel awkward to say "Oh, I come back after all"

I see all this in the answers. I think, its 50/50
    Why not changing the topic title into "Daniel Craig says he wants to continue playing 007 as long as he is physically able to" :-)

Bond 24 still isn't in cinema's yet. However, I did post this in the IMDB-forum. And it strikes me how many people are 'missing' this. As if people prefer the gossip banter about Idris Elba...:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/board/thread/246451766?p=4
    Daniel Craig re-confirms today in British newspaper "The Daily Mail":
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-3247750/Bond-Spectre-Daniel-Craig-s-like-alter-ego.html:

"It’s getting easier because I’m doing less stunt work. So I’ll keep going as long as I’m physically able. And, I’m contracted for one more. Ok? These movies don’t get made very often. It’s just the fourth time for me, a spit in the ocean. If you don’t get excited about making a movie of this size with this cast, with Sam Mendes…then go home!"

Luckily, the news has been picked up by one other media website:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/daniel-craig-now-wants-to-do-another-bond-movie/1100-6431031/
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Further to the above Dan: "I'm contracted for one more", , "but I'm not going to make predictions".

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2015 Posts: 5,131
    He'll do another. The money will be too hard to turn down. Empire Mag stated that Bond has made Craig the 15th highest paid actor in the world (and the highest paid Brit)!
    suavejmf wrote: »
    He'll do another. The money will be too hard to turn down. Empire Mag stated that Bond has made Craig the 15th highest paid actor in the world (and the highest paid Brit)!

..and that's the reason, money won't influence his decision.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 2,081
    Yes, there's actually not much logic in saying that someone who is already very wealthy would do a movie just because he'd get paid a lot for it. He doesn't need the money, so why would it be a deciding factor.
    To be fair, one can never have enough money...especially when tricked into making donations for dubious causes ;)
    doubleoego wrote: »
    To be fair, one can never have enough money...especially when tricked into making donations for dubious causes ;)

Another NO reason, because he can spend buckets just for tax reasons already.
    Plus, he just is NOT the person to sacrifice personal reasons for money. He didn't when he was still "poor" and won't now. Plus what can come out of something, you just do for money. You need your heart to be in it, otherwise its no good and will show.
    My comment was from the perspective of a generalisation and then poked a bit of fun at Craig, hence the smiley but I see what you're saying, unfortunately contrary to what you think, it's not absolute. Craig may essentially be the same man he's always been but his lifestyle has changed significantly since he became Bond; the addition of a new family and of course the choices he's able to make for his professional career. Money will always play a significant role in anyone's life no matter how much they want to down play it. Craig would only walk away from Bond if he's physically unable to do the role or if him still in the role absurdly compromises his dignity but ordinarily, to quote good ol' Ted Dibiase, "Everyone has a price".
    I don't think, that everybody can be bought with money. Definitely not and I don't even speak of DC. Thankfully not, I may add.

If he is able to walk away from Bond pre CR, when money was not counted in millions, he surely is able to do so now. He is no fool either and will take money thrown at him, but only if the price right right. The price, he has to pay to do it personally. That can be - for all of us - beyond being physically able etc. Just personal reasons.

Having said that, like I assume he does, I wanna see what happens with Sp.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,661
    The thing is - unless you're an actor in a six/seven month long big scale action film, you don't know the physical and emotional strains it puts upon you. I sense SPECTRE has taken a bit out of him! Perhaps it's been more draining than he expected?

I think the fee for Bond#25 is key. If the fee isn't comparable to SPECTRE - and given how much making Bond films take out of him, - why would he do it? I don't mean that to sound like he's doing Bond just for the money but deep in his heart he may be disliking the idea of another six/seven months of filming hard action. He would have to secure another big fee to compensate for any stress/injury and all the long hours making a fifth and final Bond film.

But having said all that, it's just a film. He just learns lines, says them, does a few bits of action, throws a punch, jumps off a car, kisses a sexy female lead, and then the director says "cut!" We got to put his comments into some perspective! I'm sure it's hard work and draining but you could say that for loads of jobs with long hours.

fanbond123 wrote: »
    The thing is - unless you're an actor in a six/seven month long big scale action film, you don't know the physical and emotional strains it puts upon you. I sense SPECTRE has taken a bit out of him! Perhaps it's been more draining than he expected?

I think the fee for Bond#25 is key. If the fee isn't comparable to SPECTRE - and given how much making Bond films take out of him, - why would he do it? I don't mean that to sound like he's doing Bond just for the money but deep in his heart he may be disliking the idea of another six/seven months of filming hard action. He would have to secure another big fee to compensate for any stress/injury and all the long hours making a fifth and final Bond film.

But having said all that, it's just a film. He just learns lines, says them, does a few bits of action, throws a punch, jumps off a car, kisses a sexy female lead, and then the director says "cut!" We got to put his comments into some perspective! I'm sure it's hard work and draining but you could say that for loads of jobs with long hours.

Exactly. I'm sure it's tiring but it's not like he's doing night shifts in accident and emergency or working down a mine.

He's doing a job he loves.

Of course he'll do another!
    Of course he'll do another!

I dunno, you could say it's not 100 percent certain:
    'I’m contracted for one more – but I’m not going to make predictions.’

The "BUT" does make it a bit up in the air! But I think it's likely he'll return. Heck, I dunno! :D
    He's not counting his chickens before they've hatched - it would be presumptuous and he knows EON were ruthless in getting rid of Brosnan. But does he want to do another? I'd say almost certainly. He's grown to love being Bond after being very reluctant/uncertain at the start.
    edited October 2015 Posts: 5,131
    suavejmf wrote: »

..and that's the reason, money won't influence his decision.

I disagree, get it while you can. Despite his thespian image he clearly cares about big paydays otherwise his agent wouldn't have got him such great wages/ jobs/ blockbusters.
    He needs to come back for Bond 25 so he can face Blofeld assuming he is back then.
    True.
    It is the Daily Mail so it is probably not true. When was the Daily Mail ever a trustworthy paper (I refuse to call it a newspaper).
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 163
    They could still reboot after this one, though. After all Brosnan was still under contract when they decided to let him go.

Moderator: Leaked material removed
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2015 Posts: 23,883
    They could still reboot after this one, though. After all Brosnan was still under contract when they decided to let him go.

I don't think that's correct though. I thought Brosnan finished his '4' film contract with DAD. He just wasn't brought back for a 5th.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited October 2015 Posts: 3,157

Goddamnit, no leaked material!!!!!!
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 163
    @Walecs what did you think the Spoiler tag was for ? :))
    James bond will return in Risico or so Daniel Craig dog walker said.
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    James bond will return in Risico or so Daniel Craig dog walker said.
    Who knew from the dog himself, a very reliable source as he is man's best friend.

Said it before and i will say it again. DC will do a 5th movie.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,554
    I have maintained all along that...

1. DC will do Bond 25 (or 26) if HE wants to. This means...
    2.Doing it on his own terms: doing a majority of the stunts himself. He is committed to the physicality of the role.
    3. The contractual "obligation" means nothing. DC mentioned this, but he knows the contract is "open" and that Babs and MW will let him leave if he wants.
    4. As mentioned by others, money is not a factor.
    5. Despite jokes to the contrary, DC has grown into the Bond role and seems to like it. (Why wouldn't he?)
    6. Indeed, these shoots take a lot out of him...and this is followed by months of promotional stuff, too: premieres, parties, talk shows, etc. God bless him.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    @Walecs what did you think the Spoiler tag was for ? :))
    There are some rules and you must respect them. I thought you were referring to the trailers or simply speculating. Fucking idiot.
This discussion has been closed.