How to make a James Bond Vgame with Replay Value

2»

Comments

• edited August 2012 Posts: 1,310
    For the best replay value, make a James Bond game similar to 'Deus Ex: Human Revolution'. (Gameplay, not time period!!!) It's a first person shooter with an over-arching mission, but Bond has the option to get other missions along the way. An RPG first person shooter, if you will. For example, you'd be able to complete the side missions anyway you like (save the hostages along the way, don't save them etc.) and you'd get a reputation.

Going off the top of my head here lol
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    Well heres a few ideas for the next few games, SC/GL era RM/TD era PB/DC era and if they were in Legends or have their own games make them shorter.(but dont put NSNA in) who makes the games now?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    samainsy wrote:
    Well heres a few ideas for the next few games, SC/GL era RM/TD era PB/DC era and if they were in Legends or have their own games make them shorter.(but dont put NSNA in) who makes the games now?

You're pretty vague with your 'few ideas', @samainsy. Exactly what do you want to do with, for instance, a SC/GL era that "if it were in Legends or had their own games make them shorter"? /:)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    samainsy wrote:

You're pretty vague with your 'few ideas', @samainsy. Exactly what do you want to do with, for instance, a SC/GL era that "if it were in Legends or had their own games make them shorter"? /:)
    Well It could be each Bond has an era or two Bonds if you get what I mean and you turn all the films into games and each 2 eras is a game so that will be 3 games and have the real actor etc. GL for OHMSS and RM for LALD with their voices and faces.And if their in their own games or legends it will be shorter. Its a good idea

samainsy wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    samainsy wrote:

Well It could be each Bond has an era or two Bonds if you get what I mean and you turn all the films into games and each 2 eras is a game so that will be 3 games and have the real actor etc. GL for OHMSS and RM for LALD with their voices and faces.And if their in their own games or legends it will be shorter. Its a good idea

Very well. So we've established there will be one game per era. Now, what's next. Open world? Aggressive shooter or stealth game? Will we be driving cars? Do all villains play a part or will one film stand out as the main thread? ...
    Here is another idea dont use any $(%( Call of Duty esque gameplay...

just keep it simple and likable like Halo 3....or Team Fortress 2
    DarthDimi wrote:
    samainsy wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    samainsy wrote:

Very well. So we've established there will be one game per era. Now, what's next. Open world? Aggressive shooter or stealth game? Will we be driving cars? Do all villains play a part or will one film stand out as the main thread? ...

It'll just be like the films yes there'll be all the villains, no becuase it'll will be differ games probaly, yes there'll be cars,and it'll be both stealth and agression depending what film it is but mostly stealth. a question for you know whose making the new games?
    I'm clueless about that as it seems that Activision isn't going for more Bond. EA once more perhaps?
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I'm clueless about that as it seems that Activision isn't going for more Bond. EA once more perhaps?
    Only if they do it in 3rd person I'll be happy,hard enough doing Legends in 1st person thats the only reason I'll buy it.

• LEGO - James Bond (imagine a golden interior of fort knox full of lego gold bars as you chase lego odd job around with. lol !!????
    The past history with Star Wars and Indiana Jones have been greatr successes. If Daniel Craig needs to have more fun as Bond...start with Lego! :-)
    I'm not being sarcastic by the way and fully support the need for an open world Bond adventure akin to Just Cause 2/GTA also. Heres hoping!

That could work. I would love both an open-world Bond, perhaps in a Dark Knight Rises-esque scenario, with terrorists gaining control of London, and Bond aiding the military and government forces, as well as a civilian rebellion. Lego 007 would be cool as well. I reckon some good choices for movies that could be Lego-ified are: Moonraker, DAD, DAF, TSWLM and YOLT.
    Colonel Sun: The Video Game
    Starring Daniel Craig

look inside and tell me that wouldn't make you at least curious if not excited
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    And Ralph Fiennes as M, with Bond's first mission for Mallory to be to rescue him.
    Agreed! Agent

like I said give a good studio the chance to adapt the book the way EON would.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    For replayability, give me something to do: I always enjoy a great storyline, but don't make it dull or repetitive. I'll probably play it two or three times to experience all the difficulties, anyway. Multiplayer: again, make it entertaining. Give people that aren't big Bond fans a reason to come and play your game. QoS: excellent multiplayer. Simplistic, no killstreaks, took me back to the old CoD games that were entertaining. Now, for the topper: combat training/bot gameplay. I can't even begin to calculate how many hours I put into GE/TWINE on the N64 solely because of the bot multiplayer. I could play that all day. Give me lots of settings, bots, maps, game modes, and let me play them by myself. Give me separate stats for bot gameplay and what not, and your game is gold to me.