The Colders Federation

Comments

• edited January 2019 Posts: 6,682
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    You'd pretty much have to avoid the Internet and theater visits in its entirety if you're hoping to avoid the title.
    I've got a spoiler hiding plugin for the internet. As long as I can enter the title into it somehow, I'll be safe. That's a bit tricky, though. I'll give it a try. We'll see how it goes.

Even still, how would you go about avoiding the title on opening day in theaters?
    I didn't say I would, as I wrote in an earlier post. Just want to know as late as possible. If it fails, it fails. But it can be attempted. Purpose is not to stimulate the imagination in any particular direction.

"What film would you like to see?"
    "That one about the British spy who kills people in very strange ways."
    "Ah, I think that would be (title).
    "Oh, eff you! You've ruined it now."

Ticket person looks on, baffled.
    Haha!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I'm so sorry, you guys, but I couldn't keep away from Twitter today and I've been spoilered to heck and back. It was rather like denying myself cake for months and months then scoffing a whole one. And I feel just as remorseful as if I'd done that.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm glad I don't have Twitter, then, and I made sure to unfollow all of the James Bond-affiliated sites on Facebook before the reveal.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Is there anyone here who didn't watch the reveal?
    I didn't watch it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    QBranch wrote: »

I'm afraid I watched it too. I was off work today and the temptation was too much.
    I didn't watch it.
    A plot synopsis was also released, so beware of that too!
    I didn't watch it.
    A plot synopsis was also released, so beware of that too!

Already had one or two of those spoiled on here, unfortunately. Still don't have a sense of what it's all about, though, so I'll take it.
    Was a reason given for not unveiling the title? Seems odd to not open up with that. At least they're keeping it close to the chest this time, I recall the SP title leaking a few days or so before the press conference.
    Was a reason given for not unveiling the title? Seems odd to not open up with that. At least they're keeping it close to the chest this time, I recall the SP title leaking a few days or so before the press conference.

They said they haven't come up with one yet. It was a bit of a letdown as I'm sure many of the fans watching (it was over 10,000) were waiting for the title reveal.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

They said they haven't come up with one yet. It was a bit of a letdown as I'm sure many of the fans watching (it was over 10,000) were waiting for the title reveal.

Well that's odd. Oh well, I suppose now it'll be a more throwaway, catchy title to grab audiences versus something attached and meaningful to the plot itself (such as SF and SP).
    edited April 2019 Posts: 17,727

Well that's odd. Oh well, I suppose now it'll be a more throwaway, catchy title to grab audiences versus something attached and meaningful to the plot itself (such as SF and SP).

Yes, and I get the impression that QoS kind of suffered from that too as a title, as glad as I was at the time that they actually used the title! It felt rather shoehorned in and using it as the villain's organisation was ill-advised and actually in conflict with the meaning of the term Fleming imbued it with.
    A couple of people suggested that EON may have a title, but are not revealing it yet as it contains a spoiler.
    A couple of people suggested that EON may have a title, but are not revealing it yet as it contains a spoiler.

If that's the case, then the working title would have to remain as 'Bond 25' until release.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 17,727

If that's the case, then the working title would have to remain as 'Bond 25' until release.

That's a point. It may well be that they (surely by now?) have a list of possible titles and are just waiting to pick the best one as they see fit. Perhaps they have a kind of two-tier strategy of releasing the title a bit later on after the cast reveal to drum up even more publicity?

That's a point. It may well be that they (surely by now?) have a list of possible titles and are just waiting to pick the best one as they see fit. Perhaps they have a kind of two-tier strategy of releasing the title a bit later on after the cast reveal to drum up even more publicity?

That's equally possible - numerous titles, maybe they're waiting to see how filming goes and the overall state of things before settling on which one is more fitting/appropriate. I'm eager to hear what it ends up being, looking forward to it.

Or maybe they already know it'll be Wave Link, because trust me, he knows.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 13,879
    That's a point. It may well be that they (surely by now?) have a list of possible titles and are just waiting to pick the best one as they see fit.
    That's what I think, too. They've likely narrowed it down to two or three by this point.
    Stay away from the 'Bond Girl Fridays' thread if you don't want to know who the new babes are.
    At this rate, I've got my eye on a few select threads I'll be limiting myself to for the next year-ish.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,682
    Me.

I have blocked the names of the cast that are listed on the IMDb. I can't see them on my browser. Unfortunately, in the process I read two of them. I don't know how many they announced. I imagine several. (Edit: Anyway, I think this whole abstinence thing, while not perfectly executed, will pay off handsomely when the film is released. Unlike all the people constantly posting and reading the production thread, I don't have much to think about regarding the film. It just doesn't fill my thoughts or my imagination in a very specific way. There's an expectation but it's fairly flexible.)

...it's so silly to be writing this! It's like Monty Python's funniest joke in the world. "One of them saw two words of the joke and spent several weeks in hospital. But apart from that, things went pretty quickly." :))
    Stay away from the 'Bond Girl Fridays' thread if you don't want to know who the new babes are.
    I know one of them. And by God, I totally, totally, totally approve of that. I'll leave it at that.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Who doesn't want to know who the next Bond Girl(s) will be.
    Now available for all Colders Federation members!

1-eye-soft-mask-shade-cover-blindfold-night-sleeping-positive-original-imaercas9pcjc6ya.jpeg?q=70
    51myhxazbCL_large.jpg?v=1455904351

And for the ultimate no-spoilers experience!

depositphotos_9763606-stock-photo-suicide.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mattjoes wrote: »

...it's so silly to be writing this! It's like Monty Python's funniest joke in the world. "One of them saw two words of the joke and spent several weeks in hospital. But apart from that, things went pretty quickly." :))

Haha, good comparison. And that is a great sketch.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

I didn't actually watch it. I just watched people reacting to it on my timeline. It may have been more fun that way!
    How is it going, Colders? Did you know this production is an unprecedented Disaster?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Jeez, I missed the previous 28 posts. I'm CEO. That's unexcusable. But I still have no clue what the plot is. I know the girls, though. Is that really a spoiler?
    How is it going, Colders? Did you know this production is an unprecedented Disaster?

Thankfully they're not making a disaster film, so it'll be OK.
    Jeez, I missed the previous 28 posts. I'm CEO. That's unexcusable. But I still have no clue what the plot is. I know the girls, though. Is that really a spoiler?

So you haven t even caught the title, then?

So you haven t even caught the title, then?

It seems to be called Bond 25.