The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• edited May 2019 Posts: 2,594
    ‘Genetically Engineered Genitalia’ or ‘GEG’ (if the rumors are true)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    BLACK WIDOW

Or isn t it? Care to explain again, @Torgeirtrap ?
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    The genetic warfare angle would seem to lend itself to The Hildebrand Rarity, i.e. villain has new bio-weapon from a rare species of plant, or similar.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241
    BLACK WIDOW

Or isn t it? Care to explain again, @Torgeirtrap ?

You never know with the newspapers these days. Maybe it is all just one production filming in Norway? A redhead Russian spy seems very Bondian.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Cross-over would be a surprise.
    Black-Widow-From-Russia-with-Love-T-Shirt.jpg

She wouldn t just be "Bond s equal", but his superior.

She wouldn t just be "Bond s equal", but his superior.

She would be…M?
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »
    The genetic warfare angle would seem to lend itself to The Hildebrand Rarity, i.e. villain has new bio-weapon from a rare species of plant, or similar.

I'd love the title to be The Hildebrand Rarity, although I doubt they'll go for it.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Kiss Kiss Boom Boom
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    Kiss Kiss Boom Boom

That would be great. But how in Hell is it necessary for this thread to still be going at this point!?!
    I can't believe that we don't know the title. Next film, I don't expect it, but, I want the return of the end credit title reveal.

I still pine for the return of the day where we sit through the credits of the newest installment and get the title of the following one. Even if they don't have all of the details fleshed out, it'd be nice to give fans something to question and debate over what we'll be getting in a manner of years. If only.
    Another contender.
    H E L L _ I S _ N E C E S S A R Y

Or even
    A _ N E C E S S A R Y _ H E L L
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

I love that. I would buy it

I love that. I would buy it
    That very good.

This is great!! Put a smile on my face straight away!! :-bd

Love it. Oh how I would be elated for them to return to the old style of poster!
    Everything about bond 25 from the leaked pictures to the plot to even what we saw at Goldeneye SCREAMS Fleming title I would be shocked if it wasn’t one specifically one of the short stories but we shall see
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Wow, this was a poster I originally posted on both here and Reddit way back when we weren't sure if DC would be returning. So much has changed!
    I'm glad I tried to source it with the Reddit link, @AgentJamesBond007. A great image.

On this forum February 2017 represents one of my first posts on MI6, yes much has changed.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,400
    What are the odds that they use one of the Fleming chapter titles as the monkier for the movie? One chapter title from OHMSS that stuck out for me was:

SWEET NIGHTMARES

Firstly, it's a play on a classic phrase - something that Fleming was known to do. Also, it's evocative and cool sounding. Plus you wouldn't need to change the story or plot to incorporate it into the film as it's essentially a generic title. Finally, it would likely make for a catchy theme song.

Another title from YOLT that I like for different reasons is:

SPARROW TEARS

It's slightly more mournful but still very cool sounding. You would have to find a way to incorporate the phrase into the film. Whether it becomes a character name, location, object, etc. But, once again, it's evocative and feels very appropriate for an espionage film.

Any other Fleming titles that come to mind? (Also, no one is allowed to mention The Undertaker's Wind for obvious reasons)
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 2,887
    Any other Fleming titles that come to mind? (Also, no one is allowed to mention The Undertaker's Wind for obvious reasons)

A Whisper of Love, A Whisper of Hate
    Cards With a Stranger
    The Eye That Never Sleeps
    The Job Comes Second
    Death is So Permanent
    The Beautiful Lure
    Black on Pink
    The Killing Bottle
    The Finger on the Trigger
    The Long Scream
    Reflections in a Double Bourbon
    The Pressure Room
    Crime de la Crime
    The Richest Man in History
    The Shadower
    The Gambit of Shame
    Fork Left For Hell
    Blood-lift
    Hell's Delight
    The Question Room
    Blood and Thunder

And "The Belles of Hell," which is not a chapter title but was the working title of OHMSS.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Revelator wrote: »

A Whisper of Love, A Whisper of Hate
    Cards With a Stranger
    The Eye That Never Sleeps
    The Job Comes Second
    Death is So Permanent
    The Beautiful Lure
    Black on Pink
    The Killing Bottle
    The Finger on the Trigger
    The Long Scream
    Reflections in a Double Bourbon
    The Pressure Room
    Crime de la Crime
    The Richest Man in History
    The Shadower
    The Gambit of Shame
    Fork Left For Hell
    Blood-lift
    Hell's Delight
    The Question Room
    Blood and Thunder

And "The Belles of Hell," which is not a chapter title but was the working title of OHMSS.

In all honesty I can only see a handful of them being title worthy, especially with he titles of the latest Bond movies. I like Blood and Thunder, The Shadower and A Whisper Of Love, A Whisper Of Hate.
    The thing that most have in common is that they are descriptive of the chapter they title, so they wouldn't translate to an unrelated film. Anything Fleming is welcome though, it always special to have some Fleming on screen.

Thanks for writing all those titles by the way @Revelator
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited June 2019 Posts: 524
    I love, love, love 'Reflections in a Double Bourbon', but I feel it's not something the MGM/Universal marketeers will go crazy about.

'Death Is So Permanent' is a tad on the nose, but so is 'Death Is Forever' and I like that last one more.

'The Job Comes Second' would be a great one if Bond tries to shuffle priorities between Madeleine and MI6/Felix.

Since this year is OHMSS's 50th anniversary (and all the nods given to that film in SP), and also because Queen Elizabeth might not be with us anymore when Bond 26 rolls around (but let's hope that's not the case), I think this film might be the right time to reference Her Majesty again.
    How about 'For Queen and Country'? Or 'By Royal Command'?
    "By Royal Command" is a good title. Isn't it the case now where Eon, for whatever reason, won't even use some of the good continuation novels or titles for their films?
    AGENT DOWN
    ?filename=1508311256_3i9otenw.jpg&type_id=105
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,400
    AGENT DOWN
    ?filename=1508311256_3i9otenw.jpg&type_id=105

I like it.

In fact, it would have been a terrific alternative title for Skyfall.

In terms of the title treatment and logo, I'm really digging the style for the big clothes brand. The simple red font looks great:

60420472_10155917315535194_2885391791463333888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=5799121d7b035c9d78be2ee2ad0704b2&oe=5D8222A2

Can anyone make something based off 'Sweet Nightmares' inspired from the above?
    It ties in to the Porton Down rumours as well.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Peak Performance
  • The lack of a title here is an interesting detail, imo. I have doubts that they're having a hard time deciding on a title this deep into production. With the rumours of this being Craig's last or introducing a new 007, I wonder if there is a title in place that teases something pivotal in the story/progression of the franchise that they're waiting to reveal in a more dramatic fashion.
    I'm concerned Eon has given up on trying to decide on a title and are just going with B25.