No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 2019 Posts: 5,921
    TR007 wrote: »
    After this very messy production (probably the messiest in Bond movie history), EON will want a very safe pair of hands to direct Bond 26. Yes, I'm thinking Christopher Nolan.
    They won’t hire an auteur for B26. One of the reasons this has been a messy production is down to the Boyle situation. EON will want to avoid anything like that from here on out.

Ummm.....here's a video of Fukunaga accepting his Auteur Award at the Indiewire awards......

@TR007 you're clearly not a cinephile. Are you?
    You miss my point. EON seem to be having trouble with Fukanaga [sic], they had issues with Boyle, they had issues with Mendes. They won’t be going down this route again in a hurry. I know the man’s filmography. You need to take the time to read posts properly rather than being so eager to be snarky. You seem to enjoy trying to provoke people, maybe you need to take some time away from the boards and watch some more movies.

Craig is hurt and an explosion went awry...neither of those seem to come down to Fukunaga, but rather bad luck.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Filming at Pinewood continues...

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Now this is the stuff I really, really like.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited June 2019 Posts: 1,257

Seeing that 1.43 in the corner warms my heart.
  • Nice big clapper. Board. Great to see Fukunaga posting again!
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond

Don’t forget, this production is totally going down in flames.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    hahahaha!;) Well, if Cary can figure out the pacing of his Instagram posts so that Bond fans don't actually have cardiac arrest first, that would be something.
    Minion wrote: »

Don’t forget, this production is totally going down in flames.
    No it’s not.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I wonder how some people would’ve got through the filming of Octopussy, where a rival Bond film starring Sean Connery was being made simultaneously. Stunt man Martin Grace was very seriously injured.
    Or A View To A Kill, with the 007 stage burning down prior to production.
    The truth is, no film is without its headaches or problems. EON have been doing this long enough to deal with them. The issue nowadays is a minor issue on set, becomes a major problem in the hands of the Chinese whispers style press we get nowadays.
    Nothing so far concerns me about Bond 25. From what I’ve seen, I’m very excited to see the finished film.
    Benny wrote: »
    I wonder how some people would’ve got through the filming of Octopussy, where a rival Bond film starring Sean Connery was being made simultaneously. Stunt man Martin Grace was very seriously injured.
    The truth is, no film is without its headaches or problems. EON have been doing this long enough to deal with them. The issue nowadays is a minor issue on set, becomes a major problem in the hands of the Chinese whispers style press we get nowadays.
    Nothing so far concerns me about Bond 25. From what I’ve seen, I’m very excited to see the finished film.
    +1. I have full faith in EON delivering on this one.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Exactly. An actor killed himself, a photographer lost a leg, a couple of stuntmen died, and a whole encyclopedia of lesser disasters and problems have followed the series practically every single time. These problems tend to bring out creativity and innovation in the filmmakers. They show what they are made of, and when watching the "making of" documentaries it is all the problems that intrigue the most(not the fatal ones, those are just sad), and there have been lots and lots. People should watch them and get a reality chek. So far this hasn t been that special.

Can't say I have huge faith in EON. Their record is more miss than hit for me from 95 onwards. But I do believe that Fukunaga is a great choice and will give us something that in narrative and visual terms will be interesting. I'm reasonably confident that it will also leave SF and SP looking like the rather lacklustre efforts they truly are.
    Getafix wrote: »

Can't say I have huge faith in EON. Their record is more miss than hit for me from 95 onwards. But I do believe that Fukunaga is a great choice and will give us something that in narrative and visual terms will be interesting. I'm reasonably confident that it will also leave SF and SP looking like the rather lacklustre efforts they truly are.
    Funny you should say that, I have a lot of love for SF and SP, while lacking as a whole, does have some fantastic moments. Fukanaga will no doubt deliver the goods and Craig is determined to outdo SP.

Neither SF or SP have much rewatch value for me. They're plodding, narratively confused and overlong. Just stodgy, rather self indulgent film making by Mendes, but that's his style.

Fukunaka is still a bit of an unknown quality in movies. If he can bring some of the narrative flair, tension and fantastic action he gave us in Sin Nombre and True Detectives I will be very happy. Hoping he lives up to his promise.
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    echo wrote: »
    After this very messy production (probably the messiest in Bond movie history), EON will want a very safe pair of hands to direct Bond 26. Yes, I'm thinking Christopher Nolan.
    They won’t hire an auteur for B26. One of the reasons this has been a messy production is down to the Boyle situation. EON will want to avoid anything like that from here on out.

Ummm.....here's a video of Fukunaga accepting his Auteur Award at the Indiewire awards......

You miss my point. EON seem to be having trouble with Fukanaga [sic], they had issues with Boyle, they had issues with Mendes. They won’t be going down this route again in a hurry. I know the man’s filmography. You need to take the time to read posts properly rather than being so eager to be snarky. You seem to enjoy trying to provoke people, maybe you need to take some time away from the boards and watch some more movies.

Craig is hurt and an explosion went awry...neither of those seem to come down to Fukunaga, but rather bad luck.

Agreed. The series has a long standing history of near deaths and accidents and look at the sacrifices that were made for the brief Aston chase at the start of QOS; I recall stuntmen in a coma and the car in the lake! Ironically that 2007/2008 coincides with the total accessibility everyone had across social media, and given anyone with a phone or smart watch is potentially a reporter, it’s the eagerness and guesswork for information versus actual fact of any kind which fuels this. It’s also what a stuntman’s job is, so they know full well the risks.
    I love what I’m seeing from the glimpses so far, the series 3 V8 up in Norway and the beginnings of what sounds and like a visually stunning film.
    And if the script contribution mirrors anything close to the incredible characters in Killing Eve we are in for a treat.
    I wanted to love Spectre but I hated that saturation of endless family business and clunky plot devices & the casting of C for anyone who had watched Sherlock knew exactly what was coming . Even the car chase felt very isolated and a missed opportunity when you compare it to the Mission Impossible series’ latest offering.
    If we got something between CR & LTK however, this would be a very fitting finale for what has been an absolute brute of a Bond, and the Opera scene in QOS will always be up there in terms of action and espionage.

Incidentally I work approx a mile from the studios and the explosion sounded mightily impressive the other week!
    In Cary we trust.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I wouldn t call it bad luck. Everything has followed nature s laws.
    wetnelly wrote: »

Agreed. The series has a long standing history of near deaths and accidents and look at the sacrifices that were made for the brief Aston chase at the start of QOS; I recall stuntmen in a coma and the car in the lake! Ironically that 2007/2008 coincides with the total accessibility everyone had across social media, and given anyone with a phone or smart watch is potentially a reporter, it’s the eagerness and guesswork for information versus actual fact of any kind which fuels this. It’s also what a stuntman’s job is, so they know full well the risks.
    I love what I’m seeing from the glimpses so far, the series 3 V8 up in Norway and the beginnings of what sounds and like a visually stunning film.
    And if the script contribution mirrors anything close to the incredible characters in Killing Eve we are in for a treat.
    I wanted to love Spectre but I hated that saturation of endless family business and clunky plot devices & the casting of C for anyone who had watched Sherlock knew exactly what was coming . Even the car chase felt very isolated and a missed opportunity when you compare it to the Mission Impossible series’ latest offering.
    If we got something between CR & LTK however, this would be a very fitting finale for what has been an absolute brute of a Bond, and the Opera scene in QOS will always be up there in terms of action and espionage.

Incidentally I work approx a mile from the studios and the explosion sounded mightily impressive the other week!
    In Cary we trust.

When the dust has settled some of Craig's best Bonding will be seen to have taken place in QOS.
    Always great to wake up and see CJF has treated us to another photo. I can't wait to see the glorious high-res 70mm photography and I'm always in awe of those great Pinewood sets that so convincingly deceive the eye. Jamaica at the end of the Piccadilly Line.

In terms of the actual scene, if we look at the SF and SP clapperboards below, we can see that both scenes close to 108 came around 70-80 minutes into the film. Either towards the end of the second act in SF's case or midway in the second act in SP's case.

CIC1aovWcAII4U0.jpg
    007-headed-underground.jpg
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Three weeks of night shoots, IMAX camera (accoding to Cary, EON statement about shooting gunfire scenes in this period and logic of use this camera in cinema - for big, visually-orientated action sequence) - something huge is coming.
    Pavlo wrote: »
    Three weeks of night shoots, IMAX camera (accoding to Cary, EON statement about shooting gunfire scenes in this period and logic of use this camera in cinema - for big, visually-orientated action sequence) - something huge is coming.

Exciting times!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    B892kq2.jpg
    Who is that ?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Who is that ?

That's one of the extras for the night scenes in Pinewood. She's been updating regularly on her instagram stories.
    Aaah interesting !
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Who is that ?

This one: https://www.instagram.com/yourserotonin_/
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

No matter the plot this movie is goin to look gorgeous. Sandgren is such a genius, and the locations chosen are terrific.
    I am so excited to find out what this sequence is.

In my imagination it's an extraction mission for the scientist, from Cuba, with contrasting elements: meeting a contact at a swanky Havana party, infiltration of an embassy (or something) to get the scientist, exfiltration and escape through the streets that turns into a gun battle...somehow ends with an exploding ship and the plane takeoff.

It can just be that simple though. Needs to be something Bondian about it. And I eagerly anticipate seeing/learning what it is.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Really Off Topic:

Danny Boyle guest on The Graham Norton Show tonight. Preview clip:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5Mm39m-ECJs
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    https://www.etonline.com/ben-whishaw-very-english-scandal-emmys-fyc-standout-performances-127016

And some words from Ben Whishaw about Bond 25.

"And that he is, immediately jetting from New York City after the play is over to the set of the latest James Bond film, dubbed Bond 25, to reprise the role of Q opposite longtime co-star Daniel Craig. “I love the character. I can’t wait to play him again,” Whishaw says, revealing a slight chuckle, “I have not read a script yet, which is a little bit alarming given that I’m filming in two weeks time.” (In April, it was reported that Killing Eve creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge was brought on to polish the script while the film officially went into production at the end of the month.)

When it comes to the new film, it’ll mark his third time in the role, which Whishaw says “there’s something nice about returning to something. I like the feeling of familiarity and building on something that we have done in the past.” As for building on this character, who is described as a cat-loving quartermaster, it’s been speculated that he’s also gay like the actor, who married his partner shortly before Skyfall was released in theaters. While Q’s sexuality has never been explicitly discussed onscreen, Whishaw says, “I definitely know what I think,” but would rather it remain a “tantalizing mystery” for audiences".