The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2011 Posts: 15,686
    In all of the 22 official outings, who is the only actor/actress to play a recurring MI6 ally character that gets billed 'alone' in the Opening Credits, apart of course from 'M' ? (No actor being named in the opening credits at the same time as him/her (ex: Sophie Marceau in TWINE))
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    James Bond.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Quoting PrinceKamalKhan: James Bond.
    Haha good call on OHMSS's Opening Credits ! But I am looking for an actual actor. ;;)
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 103
    Jeffery Wright gets billed 'alone' during the titles to both CR and QoS, playing Felix Leiter in both.
    Is this a trick question?
    Felix (Wright) is a CIA agent, not MI6 character. ;;)
    Quoting Virage: Is this a trick question?
    Simple question - which actor/actress playing an MI6 character apart from Bond and M has been billed 'alone' during a title sequence ?
    [Double post, please delete.]
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited April 2011 Posts: 2,629
    I believe John Cleese was billed alone.
    Quoting Kerim: I believe John Cleese was billed alone.
    Correct !! Your turn, my friend ! ;;)
    Thank you very much DC.

I think I have a good one for everyone.

There are seven cities that have hosted or will host the Summer Olympics that Bond has visited in film. I'll give you London, but name the six other cities depicted in film that Bond has visited and name the film(s).

I'll throw in a hint for one of these cities to avoid questioning. One of these cities was a divided city at the time Bond was there. It is no longer divided, nor was it divided when the Summer Olympics were held there.

One last hint. Bond visited one of these cities twice (albeit briefly both times). Name both films.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited April 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Paris (TB, AVTAK/ Olympics: 1900, 1924)
    Tokyo (YOLT/ Olympics: 1960)
    Amsterdam (DAF/ Olympics: 1928)
    Rio de Janeiro (MR/ Olympics: 2016)
    Berlin (OP/ Olympics: 1936)

Not sure of the sixth - perhaps Bond visited LA en route to Drax's estate in MR or Athens off-screen in FYEO...?
    I wasn't sure about this one myself until I looked it up, but Bond wasn't in Paris for TB. Largo and the SPECTRE meeting was in Paris though. According to Wikipedia, the PTS was filmed and based in Chateau d'Anet, France. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chateau_d'Anet

St. George does have five of the six. The city used twice is still out there.

Los Angeles(Summer Olympics, 1984). Bond flew into LAX twice(in DAF and later in MR).
    Los Angeles was indeed the Summer Olympic city where Bond visited twice. I won't penalize Khan for not including 1932 as the first time the Summer Olympics were in LA.

You're up Khan.
    OK.

In the course of the series(not counting either Miss Moneypenny or Dame Judi Dench's M), Bond runs across 4 women whom he knew in the past. Can you name all 4 Bond girls and the films each one appeared in?
    Sylvia Trecnch (forgive my spelling)
    Paris Carver (see above)
    Mary Goodnight
    Tracy (well it is an on screen one so dose it count)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Sylvia Trench in FRWL
    Paris Carver in TND
    Mary Goodnight in TMWTGG
    Della LTK

Although he knew Molly Warmflash from TWINE as well
    Correct on Sylvia, Paris and Goodnight. There's one more I'm thinking of who has not been mentioned yet.

Hint: she's in the same profession as Bond but for a rival company.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Paula Ivanova (AVTAK)
    Correct, gt007. Over to you.
  • Pola*
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Well, I'm not good at making questions, so I'll just give the first one that popped out of my head:

Not every Bond Girl was actually a Bond Girl... Name the one that wasn't.
    Tula from FYEO!!!
    Camille?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    @Master_Dahark, over to you.
    Thanks-
    Let's see...... I guess this'll be easy for some, but I can't think of a really good one....
    How many times had Bond used a laser watch? Please name the movies.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Twice? In GoldenEye and Die Another Day?
    Very good! I was considering NSNA also but you are correct!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Another easy one - I think:

What separates You Only Live Twice from the other 21 films?
    It's the only one where Bond doesn't drive a car