Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

1:15 Cameron should watch his own interviews.

If Terminator 7 is made after 6 bombs and 7 is another reboot, I bet it will be touted by Cameron as the new third film.

He's fickle when it comes to anything he is not directing himself. There's very little Cameron influence here stylistically it seems. Granted, it was probably naive to think there would be considering that Tim Miller is a fairly unique director himself, but it still isn't unreasonable to have expected for it to have made an effort at least look consistent with the first two films. The only thing that links this to the others is Hamilton herself so far. Even Arnie looks a bit out of place these days.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I wanted to see genesis

Genisys is a terrible film across the board. The story is poor, the action is poor, and the casting was woeful.

Cameron knew the rights were going back to him around the release of Genisys, he will talk the talk to give the films series some legitimacy for his long term gain which is understandable
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 6,682
    The trailer footage looks pretty good, but not great. Like bondsum says, it feels a little rote. That said, I was and continue to be in favor of sticking to the storytelling formula of the two Cameron films. There's something good there, provided it's reinvigorated in some way each time. This looks like a good film, perhaps a better one than its three predecessors. Also, I prefer these films not to deal directly with the war against the machines. The war works better as something that is going to happen at some point in the future. That's another point in favor of Dark Fate. This film also appears to be more streamlined in its narrative, which already is an improvement over its immediate predecessor.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    That trailer was awful. I don’t expect much from this film anyway but this trailer certainly didn’t help.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

If Terminator 7 is made after 6 bombs and 7 is another reboot, I bet it will be touted by Cameron as the new third film.

He's fickle when it comes to anything he is not directing himself. There's very little Cameron influence here stylistically it seems. Granted, it was probably naive to think there would be considering that Tim Miller is a fairly unique director himself, but it still isn't unreasonable to have expected for it to have made an effort at least look consistent with the first two films. The only thing that links this to the others is Hamilton herself so far. Even Arnie looks a bit out of place these days.
    I wanted to see genesis

Genisys is a terrible film across the board. The story is poor, the action is poor, and the casting was woeful.

+1.

And this is coming from someone who actually likes T3 and Salvation, meaning I don't even have high standards (or it means that I have shitty taste :)) )
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 1,661
    The trailer shows a Mexico sign - the group appear to heading to Mexico which mirrors the start of the second act of Terminator 2. I think they may be playing it safe with the plot. The content about
    Schwarzenegger playing the scientist responsible for the creation of the Terminator robots?
    looks like a fresh direction but my gut feeling is the rest is going to be a Terminator 2 version B.

The Terminator franchise feels like the Indiana Jones franchise. Ideally you need to reboot, a fresh start: all new characters, new premise, new villains etc - but the studios are reluctant to do that because of the financial risk. We end up with old material repackaged as new. Dark Fate feels like old material repackaged as new (as was the case with The Force Awakens).
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Maybe Sergeant Candy is getting a reprieve...

:))

Ooh... it's me...

=))
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Walecs wrote: »

I wanted to see genesis

+1.

And this is coming from someone who actually likes T3 and Salvation, meaning I don't even have high standards (or it means that I have shitty taste :)) )

I enjoy Salvation a lot more than most. It had the best action of the post-Cameron sequels. I actually think it's a pretty unfairly maligned flick.

I never liked T3 all that much (though I liked the T-X) but it's a masterpiece of streamlined filmmaking/storytelling compared to Genisys.

So hey, whether it's high standards or shitty taste, you have a friend in me.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We know Schwarzenegger is in good shape. Some punk kicked him in the back and knocked him off his feet in South Africa recently, but the old man just got up and continued what he was doing.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    We know Schwarzenegger is in good shape. Some punk kicked him in the back and knocked him off his feet in South Africa recently, but the old man just got up and continued what he was doing.

That was the equivalent of someone hitting him in the back with a paper airplane. I love that he legitimately thought it was someone accidentally bumping into him, guy's still a tank.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That was the equivalent of someone hitting him in the back with a paper airplane. I love that he legitimately thought it was someone accidentally bumping into him, guy's still a tank.

Yes, anyone know the motivation for the attack?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

He wanted a Lamborghini. No joke he yells it after he kicks him.

He wanted a Lamborghini. No joke he yells it after he kicks him.

I suppose he got one?
    Anyone else notice this? Cool little throwback

cPdoeCH.jpg
    I just heard a crazy rumor about Arnold’s role. It makes sense too....

Again it’s just a rumor, but if true..... read at your own risk

So Skynet sent whole bunch of Terminators at the same time (relatively speaking) to multiple dates in the past, to make sure John Connor dies.
    So shortly after the events of T2, John and Sarah are hiding out, when a ‘young’ Arnold Terminator suddenly shows up and kills John, FOR GOOD. This explains the ‘young’ stand ins for Arnold & John as seen in behind-the-scenes photos.
    This obviously changes the timeline.
    Shortcut to present day, the Arnold Terminator has, without a mission or reason to exist, become a recluse- and thanks to his learning computer has developed a ‘conscience’. This of course is the bearded Arnold as we know him today. How he and Sarah partner up is beyond me- but apparently happens.

I can only guess that there’s a NEW savior- and that’s who Mackenzie Davis is protecting. But that’s just me grasping at straws

I have to say, I like some of these ideas, if true. Particularly Arnold’s role!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

So Skynet sent whole bunch of Terminators at the same time (relatively speaking) to multiple dates in the past, to make sure John Connor dies.
    So shortly after the events of T2, John and Sarah are hiding out, when a ‘young’ Arnold Terminator suddenly shows up and kills John, FOR GOOD. This explains the ‘young’ stand ins for Arnold & John as seen in behind-the-scenes photos.
    Shortcut to present day, the Arnold Terminator has, without a mission or reason to exist, become a recluse- and thanks to his learning computer has developed a ‘conscience’. This of course is the bearded Arnold as we know him today. How he and Sarah partner up is beyond me- but apparently happens.

I can only guess that there’s a NEW savior- and that’s who Mackenzie Davis is protecting. But that’s just me grasping at straws

It does seemingly fit with Cameron's comments about Arnold not necessarily being "good" this time out.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 5,185

Lol that Sounds interesting. That John Connor will likely die has been pretty obvious to me for a long time. It's the most dramatic way to start off the movie and also to completely Reset the world and it's rules. But Arnolds role sounds really intriguing like that, and it will certainly give him some room to actually act a little in the film.
    If true, I’m relieved that Arnold
    ISN’T playing ‘the human Skynet based the Terminator on’.
    I always thought that was a desperate attempt to include Arnold at any cost
    00Agent wrote: »
    Lol that Sounds interesting. That John Connor will likely die has been pretty obvious to me for a long time. It's the most dramatic way to start off the movie and also to completely Reset the world and it's rules. But Arnolds role sounds really intriguing like that, and it will certainly give him some room to actually act a little in the film.
    At the beginning of the film it would be a total waste dramatically, and very lame Storytelling.

boldfinger wrote: »
    At the beginning of the film it would be a total waste dramatically, and very lame Storytelling.

Agreed. I read this theory on Reddit as soon as the trailer was dropped, and if this is true, I've no interest in watching the movie.
    I couldn't care less for them invalidating everything that happened in T1 and T2 only to fit their feminist agenda
    @Walecs, it´s not more than theories and rumors at this Point, but still, there is some cynicism in the fact that all that
    Feminist stuff
    in reality does the opposite of what it Claims to do.
    Indeed. But then again, the very fact the movement is named "feminism" it involuntarily pushes female over male.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Indeed. But then again, the very fact the movement is named "feminism" it involuntarily pushes female over male.

This is inaccurate. Groups fighting for equality that do not have it are mistaken by groups in power as wanting more than they deserve. It's a defense/denial mechanism.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Agreed- the best part of Genisys was the beginning, in 1984. And that was a matter of 15 minutes. 15 minutes to undo the whole first movie :( I hope they don't make that mistake again
    Check it out! I ordered some Gargoyles sunglasses from the first movie and they arrived yesterday!
    I really only got them because they were the glasses from the movie, but when I put them on I was amazed at the quality! I can practically look right at the freaking sun in these!

DjGXMpC.jpg

^^ My last day of the week, super sunny out- good to go!
    chrisisall wrote: »

This is inaccurate. Groups fighting for equality that do not have it are mistaken by groups in power as wanting more than they deserve. It's a defense/denial mechanism.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the name "feminism" makes it sound as if they were pushing for female over male, when they're not.
    The phone number :))

5 12 1984

terminator-dark-fate-excl.jpg

CE0wARZW0AALuKD.jpg

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That's one of those easter eggs's that's either charming or just cringy because it's like "Look at me! I remember a line of dialogue from the last movie!"
    chrisisall wrote: »

Gender equality movements should make males and females compliment each other better. I don´t see how feminism achieving that.
    Check it out! I ordered some Gargoyles sunglasses from the first movie and they arrived yesterday!
    I really only got them because they were the glasses from the movie, but when I put them on I was amazed at the quality! I can practically look right at the freaking sun in these!

DjGXMpC.jpg

^^ My last day of the week, super sunny out- good to go!
    Those glasses are brilliant, @Master_Dahark! I can´t even see that your supposed robot eye is in reality not there!

Get a grip, seriously.