Your Bond Collection

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Wow that is one cool collection
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    This is a really, really impressive collection (and room), @RogueAgent! Probably even more so for a non-collector like me, as I can't understand how you have found the time to find and invest in all this! Love the cabinets; they really stand out with their lighting. :-)

Other than books and a few comics and video games, I only own one single Bond poster (a "L007k up!" TB one).

It doesn't mean your no less a fan. I have been pretty selective in what I purchase believe it or not? Lol! But it is over 20 years plus I have collected. I have never smoked or done drugs, I like a drink but not excessive and this just turned in to my passion and hobby. Some people do sport, or whatever it may be? But me it is Bond and meeting as many cast members as possible. Although you may have worked that out already? Lol! Plus my beloved Norwich City FC of course!!!

It sure doesn't look like you've been selective when finding all this stuff, haha! Guess collecting for 20+ years gives you the time to find those must-have objects though. I bet that several of these items have been difficult to find as well!

Do you have a Norwich City FC room too? :-D
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Sharing so you guys can feel my pain. Passing a charity shop yesterday, I saw the Die Another Day racetrack set in the window for £20. Went in, asked to inspect the contents, CLEARLY committed to making a purchase because I was smirking like an idiot...and the Jaguar was missing, so I passed on it.

Probably for the best; I have nowhere to set it up.

Too bad the car was missing, because that price wasn't bad at all. Maybe you can find just the Jaguar online via Ebay or something?

Lol, My soon to be wife would not allow a Norwich City room Torgeirtrap, having said that I would not want one as most of the time they give me a heart condition! Lol!

Yes, that's probably for the better! :))

I have a Manchester United stand/podium with MU merch and collectables on, with a framed print of Old Trafford above it. Its like a mini shrine :))

That's not a bad idea actually. Don't have many collectibles, so I could probably make a combined Bond/football mini shrine! :-D

My merch is just key rings and pens from various seasons for the most part, the print of Stretford End is a good print though got a great frame for it, I should pray more then United might win :))
    This is a really, really impressive collection (and room), @RogueAgent! Probably even more so for a non-collector like me, as I can't understand how you have found the time to find and invest in all this! Love the cabinets; they really stand out with their lighting. :-)

Other than books and a few comics and video games, I only own one single Bond poster (a "L007k up!" TB one).

It doesn't mean your no less a fan. I have been pretty selective in what I purchase believe it or not? Lol! But it is over 20 years plus I have collected. I have never smoked or done drugs, I like a drink but not excessive and this just turned in to my passion and hobby. Some people do sport, or whatever it may be? But me it is Bond and meeting as many cast members as possible. Although you may have worked that out already? Lol! Plus my beloved Norwich City FC of course!!!

It sure doesn't look like you've been selective when finding all this stuff, haha! Guess collecting for 20+ years gives you the time to find those must-have objects though. I bet that several of these items have been difficult to find as well!

Sharing so you guys can feel my pain. Passing a charity shop yesterday, I saw the Die Another Day racetrack set in the window for £20. Went in, asked to inspect the contents, CLEARLY committed to making a purchase because I was smirking like an idiot...and the Jaguar was missing, so I passed on it.

Too bad the car was missing, because that price wasn't bad at all. Maybe you can find just the Jaguar online via Ebay or something?

Lol, My soon to be wife would not allow a Norwich City room Torgeirtrap, having said that I would not want one as most of the time they give me a heart condition! Lol!

I have a Manchester United stand/podium with MU merch and collectables on, with a framed print of Old Trafford above it. Its like a mini shrine :))

That's not a bad idea actually. Don't have many collectibles, so I could probably make a combined Bond/football mini shrine! :-D

My merch is just key rings and pens from various seasons for the most part, the print of Stretford End is a good print though got a great frame for it, I should pray more then United might win :))

Similar thing here; pens and coffee mugs for the most part. There's always some nice things available in the online club shops, so that small collection might get bigger!

Arsenal need all the help they can get, so I should probably get that shrine up as fast as possible! :))
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Wow!! That is a fantastic collection @RogueAgent . I particularly appreciate the presentation. The cabinets and lighting really sets it apart. Thank you for sharing - looks like a professional Bond museum!

Please provide the pictures then gents?!!! Lol!
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Wow that is one cool collection

Cheers 007Blofeld, as Roger would say "A feast for my eyes"
    Wow!! That is a fantastic collection @RogueAgent . I particularly appreciate the presentation. The cabinets and lighting really sets it apart. Thank you for sharing - looks like a professional Bond museum!

Cheers Major_Boothrroyd, it has been and continues to be a labour of love. The cabinets do give it a better look without question. Certainly plenty to look at. Had promised to share them once I had finished it. But their is space for more moving forward. Lol!

Will need to find a nice cabinet first; maybe with lighting and all!

Your right, set lighting is very important!! :)) Welcome back emoji's!!! \:D/

Your right, set lighting is very important!! :)) Welcome back emoji's!!! \:D/

There's no doubt a lot of handy lighting solutions out there! :-D
    Amazing collection @RogueAgent ! Thanks for sharing all the photos!
    Amazing collection @RogueAgent ! Thanks for sharing all the photos!

Absolute pleasure my friend, been promising to do it for a long time!! :D
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,105
    James Bond 100 postcards
    jamesbond-postcards.JPG

Just bought these from ebay Sealed/brand new. Of course I will keep the box sealed.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Very nice set there. They make great display pieces alongside other merch/props. I remember buying TND postcards at Warner Brothers Movie World back around 2000. Otherwise, my Bond postcard collection mainly consists of ones seen in the films. There are quite a few.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,105
    QBranch wrote: »
    Very nice set there. They make great display pieces alongside other merch/props. I remember buying TND postcards at Warner Brothers Movie World back around 2000. Otherwise, my Bond postcard collection mainly consists of ones seen in the films. There are quite a few.

I have a few post cards that I have already framed though I have completely run out of wall space now with movie memorobillia. This box will look nice next to my Bond50 Bluray boxset, I agree it is a nice set. I would be tempted to look through the set though I tend to keep things sealed when possible to retain value.

I think I saw the TND set on ebay whilst browsing, it included an image of Stamper, there were four postcards in this set... Unsure if it was the full set as the seller had opened them.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Look at the new Bond the USA tshirts in the USA version of the 007 Store. It says A View To A Kill 1983 instead of 1985 on the back. I sent them an email to look into it. https://usa.007store.com/products/bond-in-the-usa-t-shirt-royal-blue
    https://usa.007store.com/products/bond-in-the-usa-t-shirt-white
    https://usa.007store.com/products/bond-in-the-usa-t-shirt-red
    Unexpectedly received a late Wedding gift today, and a very special one indeed. A close friend and family member of ours has their own private Chauffeur/Private security business to the wealthy and famous.

One of their most regular clients is none other than Dame Shirley Bassey herself. He had planned to give it us both on the Wedding day but unfortunately DSB as they call her was ill at that time. However? They must have told her about the wedding and possibly seen the odd photo? She kindly signed a little message to us on a DAF poster. What a wonderful surprise, they will see DSB on Wednesday to pass on our very happy thank you wishes.

47974442038_d3a40ea844_o_d.jpg

47974446493_2725a8af94_o_d.jpg

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Fantastic wedding present. Congratulations.
    Fantastic wedding present. Congratulations.

Cheers Thunderfinger, after a pretty naff day at work, that was a huge unexpected uplift to the day.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,241
    What an incredible gift! I figure you have a place reserved for the poster on the wall already, @RogueAgent? :)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    You ARE a Rogue Agent, @RogueAgent, sir. Congratulations and then some.
    What an incredible gift! I figure you have a place reserved for the poster on the wall already, @RogueAgent? :)

Yes I am working on it, maybe a bit of a challenge? :)) It certainly will not be hidden away that's for sure.
    You ARE a Rogue Agent, @RogueAgent, sir. Congratulations and then some.

Thank you, I have people everywhere?!!!! Joking aside it was completely unexpected as you can imagine.

Yes I am working on it, maybe a bit of a challenge? :)) It certainly will not be hidden away that's for sure.

Hope you give us an update when you've found the perfect spot for the poster!
    Last week, I bought and assembled a new display case so I could have all my Bond novels in one place, instead of in two rooms as before. Now it's done. I also added a few reference books (Thrilling Cities, The Diamond Smugglers, The James Bond Dossier, For Bond Lovers Only and Roger Moore's LALD diary. The whole collection takes three shelves, but it looks nifty. And it feed up space in my display case to put some odds and ends (the Thunderbirds are Go vehicles, a Dalek and a Cyberman, and other cars).

I shall do with a photo once sorted.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Last week, I bought and assembled a new display case so I could have all my Bond novels in one place, instead of in two rooms as before. Now it's done. I also added a few reference books (Thrilling Cities, The Diamond Smugglers, The James Bond Dossier, For Bond Lovers Only and Roger Moore's LALD diary. The whole collection takes three shelves, but it looks nifty. And it feed up space in my display case to put some odds and ends (the Thunderbirds are Go vehicles, a Dalek and a Cyberman, and other cars).

Pic please my good man! :-bd
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241

Looking forward to seeing it on the wall :-bd
    That is a spectacular present @RogueAgent ! That must take pride of place in your collection. Will give an extra dimension to the DAF theme song whenever you hear it now!
    Thinking of selling my small bond car collection. I picked up the first fifteen with magazines a couple of years ago quite cheaply. But they take up room (can only imagine how much room I'd need for the whole collection!) I will sell them locally. First I will read through the magazines.

Have released I'm not one for the Bond cars and toys. I like the LALD tarot cards and Casino Royale poker chips and especially love all the books written about the series or Fleming but for some reason the cars and toys don't really do it for me. Any other collectors not into certain 007 merchandise?
    But they take up room (can only imagine how much room I'd need for the whole collection!)

In my appartment, the whole collection takes four display cases, each having a width of 67 cm, so some 268 cm (108 cm in height). Yes, it takes a lot of space. But it was worth it.
    Thinking of selling my small bond car collection. I picked up the first fifteen with magazines a couple of years ago quite cheaply. But they take up room (can only imagine how much room I'd need for the whole collection!) I will sell them locally. First I will read through the magazines.

Have released I'm not one for the Bond cars and toys. I like the LALD tarot cards and Casino Royale poker chips and especially love all the books written about the series or Fleming but for some reason the cars and toys don't really do it for me. Any other collectors not into certain 007 merchandise?[/quote]
    Yes, especially these days. Back in the day, I would collect about anything with a 007 logo on it. Today, it's the opposite and I'm very picky and for various reasons.

For one, I became a big fan when there was little merchandise back in the early '80s, especially here in the U.S. We got the Corgi cars, magazines, adaptations of a film in paperback or a reissue or in comic form, maybe a few other things. It was manageable and not too expensive. Then in the '90s the merchandising grew and grew and in the past 20 years even more so.

During that time, I took on other responsibilities such as having a family and all that, so there wasn't always as much to devote to Bond collecting, although that's always been a main hobby. Now I've found myself with so much stuff and realize there's some of it I just don't really care for anymore. Another problem is I don't really have a place to display my collection as most of it is in a storage unit collecting dust.

It seems today that there are WAY too many die-cast cars and trading card sets. So I don't collect those any longer along with action figures. The thing with all of those is they just don't know when to stop with them. How many DB5 variations do I need on a shelf or cards in a binder that I already have?

My weakness is magazines and publications. I have hundreds of these. Back in 2008 when Total Film or Empire put out a series of covers with each of the films on it and I got all but 4-5. That was a fun pursuit. Then when a new movie comes out I hunt for coverage and try to collect the fanzines as well.

Have released I'm not one for the Bond cars and toys. I like the LALD tarot cards and Casino Royale poker chips and especially love all the books written about the series or Fleming but for some reason the cars and toys don't really do it for me. Any other collectors not into certain 007 merchandise?

I wouldn't call myself a collector, but I've got my hands on various stuff the last decade or so, without really intending to. Outside books and DVD's I have some comic books; both adaptations of the films and comic strips collections/magazines. Then there's a few video games, a poster (TB - but only a close up of Bond escaping the château), and a few bits of CR memorabilia (a lobby card styled photo set and a button pin with Casino Royale written on it). Also got a radio-controlled Aston Martin Vanquish as a gift years ago.

I could probably go without the CR memorabilia stuff and the radio-controlled car, but I doubt I'll get rid of it anytime soon. I know I won't try to collect things like this in the future, as there's no available space for it.

Looking forward to seeing it on the wall :-bd

Hopefully will sort it soon as want to get a better frame.
    That is a spectacular present @RogueAgent ! That must take pride of place in your collection. Will give an extra dimension to the DAF theme song whenever you hear it now!

Lol! Yep it certainly will Major_Boothroyd.