Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Working away at the Division 2 getting exotic weapons/parts. Enjoy the game for the most part, although i never played the first.

Good to see you around! I played the first one myself, it's why I avoided the sequel because it seemed like more of the same and I absolutely despise the Dark Zone PvP stuff. If there was a way to get the best end game content by entering a zone like that where it's strictly PvE, I'd be all over it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2019 Posts: 13,882
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Working away at the Division 2 getting exotic weapons/parts. Enjoy the game for the most part, although i never played the first.

Good to see you around! I played the first one myself, it's why I avoided the sequel because it seemed like more of the same and I absolutely despise the Dark Zone PvP stuff. If there was a way to get the best end game content by entering a zone like that where it's strictly PvE, I'd be all over it.

I'm enjoying The Division 2 solo, but every now and again, i'll answer a distress call to mix it up with some co-op. Haven't been to the Dark Zones yet, don't know i'll bother. I'd rather stick to solo and co-op.

Sniper Elite 3 - Having finished the 'Ratte Factory' mission, that brings the main game to a close. I now have the 3 'Save Churchill' on-disc dlcs to try, then i'll have to download the Grey Wolf dlc*.

* Which isn't included, even though this is the Ultimate Edition
    Just wanted to drop my gamertag for Xbox here in case any MI6ers would like to be friends on there ;) I am usually playing single player games (RDR2 currently) but also hop on Battlefield V, Call of Duty or Rainbow Six.
    It's SHAKEN MARTINI. Because why not? :))
    Just starting Vader Immortal on the Oculus Quest VR. So far it's brilliant but Rec Room is always my "go to".
    Figured this is the best thread to ask this question:
    I'm currently clearing out plenty of old stuff I don't need anymore, as well as organising stuff in boxes that I want to keep. This also includes my video games.

So far I've put my games and controllers for various consoles in separate Ikea boxes. That's a handy way to keep it all in the same place, and I'll avoid some of the games without an outer case from getting dusty (the N64 ones).

I also have video game boxes for some of the games I own – a few N64 boxes, a couple Game Boy Color boxes and several Game Boy Advance boxes. This also includes the boxes my GBC, GBA and PSP came in. Are these worth keeping? Some of them have the inner packaging left too.

On top of that I have a few instruction manuals for some games – and the Nintendo Wii instruction manuals. All of these without the boxes they came in. Any of that worth hanging on to?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I'm currently clearing out plenty of old stuff I don't need anymore, as well as organising stuff in boxes that I want to keep. This also includes my video games.

So far I've put my games and controllers for various consoles in separate Ikea boxes. That's a handy way to keep it all in the same place, and I'll avoid some of the games without an outer case from getting dusty (the N64 ones).

I also have video game boxes for some of the games I own – a few N64 boxes, a couple Game Boy Color boxes and several Game Boy Advance boxes. This also includes the boxes my GBC, GBA and PSP came in. Are these worth keeping? Some of them have the inner packaging left too.

On top of that I have a few instruction manuals for some games – and the Nintendo Wii instruction manuals. All of these without the boxes they came in. Any of that worth hanging on to?

Best thing to do is price up the individual items on eBay if you are thinking of discarding them, I have found random items I owned have had some value. I have boxes full of CD's and DVD's which are not worth much now though some items may gain value as physical media becomes less.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,241

Best thing to do is price up the individual items on eBay if you are thinking of discarding them, I have found random items I owned have had some value. I have boxes full of CD's and DVD's which are not worth much now though some items may gain value as physical media becomes less.

I'm currently not thinking of selling my video game collection - especially the N64 stuff (that will probably never be sold!). Of course, for everything other than the N64 games and console, there might be a slim chance I'll sell some. Don't know if that's reason enough to keep boxes and manuals? For the Wii for example, I only have the manual booklets, but not the box the console itself came in.

I might take some photos tomorrow, so it's easier to see what I currently have boxed up. Have a stack of vinyl singles I'm thinking of whether I should keep or not too, but I'll post on a different thread for those.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I'm currently not thinking of selling my video game collection - especially the N64 stuff (that will probably never be sold!). Of course, for everything other than the N64 games and console, there might be a slim chance I'll sell some. Don't know if that's reason enough to keep boxes and manuals? For the Wii for example, I only have the manual booklets, but not the box the console itself came in.

I might take some photos tomorrow, so it's easier to see what I currently have boxed up. Have a stack of vinyl singles I'm thinking of whether I should keep or not too, but I'll post on a different thread for those.

I had all those consoles and regret getting rid, I have a Xbox 360 and two Xbox Ones (one is a Xbox One X) there have been times I thought it would be great to play the original Goldeneye or some of the earlier Mario or Sonic games.

When having a clear out it has to be a personal choice, sometimes you have to be ruthless and get rid of some things.

I had all those consoles and regret getting rid, I have a Xbox 360 and two Xbox Ones (one is a Xbox One X) there have been times I thought it would be great to play the original Goldeneye or some of the earlier Mario or Sonic games.

When having a clear out it has to be a personal choice, sometimes you have to be ruthless and get rid of some things.

Getting rid of something and later regretting it is the worst! But being ruthless with what you keep or not is beneficial too sometimes.

Might just make some effort to read up on the value of keeping the boxes, just in case there's some video games in my collection that have more value with the box included. There are no sealed boxes of course, so the difference shouldn't be that much anyway.
    If you are ever looking to sell on Ebay you could get more value with the cases included, I'd say.
    If you are ever looking to sell on Ebay you could get more value with the cases included, I'd say.

That's the impression I get from reading a bit about keeping boxes online. Guess it depends on the popularity of the games too – and availability.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,105

Getting rid of something and later regretting it is the worst! But being ruthless with what you keep or not is beneficial too sometimes.

Might just make some effort to read up on the value of keeping the boxes, just in case there's some video games in my collection that have more value with the box included. There's no sealed boxes of course, so the difference shouldn't be that much anyway.

If you can keep things in storage that is a bonus, I need to get some more containers myself. I am constantly buying collectibles and antiques... clutter gets out of hand, though I bought a framed print of Old Trafford the other day for £5 from a charity shop, bargain.

Might just make some effort to read up on the value of keeping the boxes, just in case there's some video games in my collection that have more value with the box included. There's no sealed boxes of course, so the difference shouldn't be that much anyway.

If you can keep things in storage that is a bonus, I need to get some more containers myself. I am constantly buying collectibles and antiques... clutter gets out of hand, though I bought a framed print of Old Trafford the other day for £5 from a charity shop, bargain.

There'd no issue right now fortunately. I can fit all the game boxes in a 25x35x20 cm box from Ikea. Doesn't take up much space, but I fear that space will be needed sometime in the future.

Definitely agree that It's easy for clutter to get out of hand. I've struggled with this for years. Finally getting around to clearing out old stuff has been much needed. A framed print seems like a nice thing to have though. Even more at that price!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Finally on to Bioshock Infinite after completing the original and the sequel. Wow, what a breathtaking game and I am so glad to see them keep some basic areas of the first two, but with a whole new spin and made it more open. Definelty the best so far.
    Following up my original post re. game boxes. Here are some of the stuff I currently have boxed up, and wondering whether to keep or not (images in the spoiler tag). The GBC/GBA boxes are in a good condition (few marks at all), and most of them have the inner packaging too. The PSP/GBA/GBC console boxes aren't in that bad condition either. The N64 boxes are a bit more worn. There's also some instruction booklets for games I don't have the boxes for, as well as the manual and other leaflets that came with the Wii console. Don't have the Wii console box anymore, so I can probably just throw away the Wii instruction stuff?

(Forgot to wipe off the iPhone lens before taking the photos; sorry about the ugly marks in the corners!)
    01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg
    Following up my original post re. game boxes. Here are some of the stuff I currently have boxed up, and wondering whether to keep or not (images in the spoiler tag). The GBC/GBA boxes are in a good condition (few marks at all), and most of them have the inner packaging too. The PSP/GBA/GBC console boxes aren't in that bad condition either. The N64 boxes are a bit more worn. There's also some instruction booklets for games I don't have the boxes for, as well as the manual and other leaflets that came with the Wii console. Don't have the Wii console box anymore, so I can probably just throw away the Wii instruction stuff?

(Forgot to wipe off the iPhone lens before taking the photos; sorry about the ugly marks in the corners!)
    01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

If it were me I would probably keep hold of them and put in storage, years down the line you will probably enjoy the nostalgia of having a look through the items.

01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

If it were me I would probably keep hold of them and put in storage, years down the line you will probably enjoy the nostalgia of having a look through the items.

You might be right about this, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I'm in no rush to get rid, but it's nice to get some input what to do with the boxes. Before I sat down to look through the boxes, I did consider opening the boxes carefully and folding them flat like this (image found online):

Fire-Emblem-The-Sacred-Stones-Gba-Nintendo-Gameboy.jpg

This was before I discovered I had kept the inner packaging for most of them, so that's not a possibility now.

01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

You might be right about this, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I'm in no rush to get rid, but it's nice to get some input what to do with the boxes. Before I sat down to look through the boxes, I did consider opening the boxes carefully and folding them flat like this (image found online):

This was before I discovered I had kept the inner packaging for most of them, so that's not a possibility now.

I regret getting rid of Consoles and computers I had, I would have had quite a collection though admittedly they would have filled an entire room lol. Prior to Consoles I had many of the Spectrum and Commodore computers as well as many electronic games.
    Now waiting for my copy of "Blood and Truth". The very Bondian VR adventure.

01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

I regret getting rid of Consoles and computers I had, I would have had quite a collection though admittedly they would have filled an entire room lol. Prior to Consoles I had many of the Spectrum and Commodore computers as well as many electronic games.

That must have been a lot of games and consoles! Guess video games is something you'll always regret getting rid of. I know people that sold their Playstation 1's, their XBoxes etc. when the next generation of consoles were released. Some of them have bought used PS1's/Xboxes again afterwards, as they regretted selling them.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,105
    Currently playing...
    latest?cb=20060603062220
    Xbox One X Enhanced

01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

That must have been a lot of games and consoles! Guess video games is something you'll always regret getting rid of. I know people that sold their Playstation 1's, their XBoxes etc. when the next generation of consoles were released. Some of them have bought used PS1's/Xboxes again afterwards, as they regretted selling them.

Generally I neglected previous generation consoles as soon as I got the new one, I like the fact Xbox have so many backward compatible games you can play

01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

Generally I neglected previous generation consoles as soon as I got the new one, I like the fact Xbox have so many backward compatible games you can play

Backward compatibility is brilliant really. If I'm ever in the market for a new console, this will be a must. What I'd like to see even more is a console that's backward compatible multiple generations. Don't know if that's even possible.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

Backward compatibility is brilliant really. If I'm ever in the market for a new console, this will be a must. What I'd like to see even more is a console that's backward compatible multiple generations. Don't know if that's even possible.

The original PS3 was brilliant because it could do PS3, 2, and 1.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

Sadly didn't last long, though.
    I am thinking of buying a PS4 Pro, mainly for the Uncharted games and Horizon.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 17,241

01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

It did/does? I have a couple PS3's actually (one of which I had at the apartment I lived during my student days), but never tried playing older games on them. Both are the slim version though.

Still have my old PS1, so I can play the PS1 games whenever I want. The controller is a bit worn though, and sometimes doesn't respond properly.

Isn't there a PS5 coming soon?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

It did/does? I have a couple PS3's actually (one of which I had at the apartment I lived during my student days), but never tried playing older games on them. Both are the slim version though.

2020 apparently

01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

2020 apparently

Thanks! Might consider getting a PS5, especially if it has backwards compatibility.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

Still have my old PS1, so I can play the PS1 games whenever I want. The controller is a bit worn though, and sometimes doesn't respond properly.

Early model PS3s (and then I think only the 60gig version) could play PS2 games. All models play PS1 games. Not all games work, though, as I found out when trying to play Star Wars Rebel Assault II.

01Quf7O.jpg
    LQurcGi.jpg
    1n3kl6k.jpg
    uIWseNC.jpg
    GIx5hHL.jpg
    2rLn3G1.jpg
    6telpZb.jpg

Early model PS3s (and then I think only the 60gig version) could play PS2 games. All models play PS1 games. Not all games work, though, as I found out when trying to play Star Wars Rebel Assault II.

I see, thanks! Will give my old PS1 games a try on the PS3 one day; there are a lot of those games I haven't played in many years.