Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Comments

Not too impressed with this one, Hamilton being the highlight as said. Looks pretty generic action wise.
    Like the black metal Terminator look. Forgive the pun but I will reserve JUDGEMENT until I have seen the movie?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2019 Posts: 15,686
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Like the black metal Terminator look. Forgive the pun but I will reserve JUDGEMENT until I have seen the movie?

img-216422464ba.gif

;-)
    RogueAgent wrote: »

img-216422464ba.gif

;-)

:))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,105
    It's interesting watching some people talk about Terminator Dark Fate online, some are oblivious to the fact that this film is wiping three films from Canon, they need to improve the marketing in that respect.

Though I guess you could argue 3,Salvation and Genisys were all reboots themselves. This series makes the Xmen films seem cohesive
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's interesting watching some people talk about Terminator Dark Fate online, some are oblivious to the fact that this film is wiping three films from Canon, they need to improve the marketing in that respect.

Though I guess you could argue 3,Salvation and Genysis were all reboots themselves. This series makes the Xmen films seem cohesive

It's why they should've just gone the easy route and did a brand new installment/reimagining with an all new cast, without having to rely on old players and the same characters to continue the story.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Though I guess you could argue 3,Salvation and Genysis were all reboots themselves. This series makes the Xmen films seem cohesive

It's why they should've just gone the easy route and did a brand new installment/reimagining with an all new cast, without having to rely on old players and the same characters to continue the story.

That would have made more sense though with Halloween, Robocop and possibly Aliens it's the new trend it seems to wipe films from Canon.

Just checked the cast list, Arnie's younger Terminator Genisys body double is listed in Dark Fate.

I spoke too soon
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I spoke too soon

The featurette is a better trailer than the trailer is.

I spoke too soon

The featurette is a better trailer than the trailer is.

I thought the same
    I agree with @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. It does feel deja vu and tad rote in its execution. I'm also not getting a very good vibe from this based on the trailer. The beats of the story all look rather cliched. Sarah Conner turning up to rescue "whoever" and kick some major butt, then having to explain herself afterwards to her overly suspicious audience smacks of an overused mise en scène. I'm sure it'll be OK like the recent Halloween was just OK, but I'm not expecting anything remotely groundbreaking, or game-changing here.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Doesn t look as good as Genisys, but time will tell.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I just don't know people...

Will have a look a the trailer when I'm back from work.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

many are trying to seek Salvation in this trailer that is will be the Genesys of something new and exciting but I see a dark fate for the film … but I will reserve Judgment till I see it....

:D
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 1,661
    I'm about 60 percent sold. Too early to know how it will turn out.

More liquid metal? Ho hum. It's been done so many times in the films it does feel a bit old hat. I dunno what else a Terminator can use. I suppose it wouldn't be a Terminator film without some liquid metal mayhem.

Rumor has it Arnold Schwarzenegger is playing POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT!
    two characters in the film - one is human, the other a Terminator robot
    although I don't know if this 100 percent fact.

No sign of John Connor which is a little strange as T1 and T2 were about stopping his birth and killing him as a teenager. Hopefully there's a decent story reason why he's no longer around. If he's 'died' between T2 and this official sequel I don't know if that mucks up the flow of time. If he has died as a teenager before the war it means Skynet never sent the T-1000 back to 1991 to kill him because he wasn't leading the resistance in the future! That would create a time paradox! John Connor was alive in the future and this is why T1 and T2 happened. If he's not around in Dark Fate that does change the future and therefore the past? It's confusing! Hopefully T:DF doesn't contradict what Cameron set up with T1 and T2.

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Risico007 wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »

many are trying to seek Salvation in this trailer that is will be the Genesys of something new and exciting but I see a dark fate for the film … but I will reserve Judgment till I see it....

:D

I'd rather watch the Avatar sequels.

Sorry, that was a very bad joke. :-??
    As much as I am not a fan of Rise Of The Machines, Kristanna Loken's TX Terminator is a great Terminator. I wish they'd go back to that instead of going for nanobot bastardisations of the T-1000.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 1,661
    A full reboot might have been a more interesting way forward but Terminator Salvation didn't perform too well without Arnie, so I guess the studio don't want to risk a complete reboot with all new cast and no link to Sarah Connor or the Arnold T-800.

I thought they said Arnold would be bad this time? Seeing Sarah KNOCKING ON HIS DOOR does not lend to that theory, lol
    Maybe Sergeant Candy is getting a reprieve...

:))
    I thought they said Arnold would be bad this time? Seeing Sarah KNOCKING ON HIS DOOR does not lend to that theory, lol

Absolutely right. That just makes me wonder if he's playing two parts this time.
    Brett Azar who was the body double for Arnie in Genisys is back as the T - 800 in Dark Fate, so there will be two Arnie's again (According to Imdb)
    That trailer looks bloody awful. As awful as they come nowadays. A cgi fest with many references thrown in for good measure. What a mess.
    I was really hoping this trailer would be great but I am actually quite disappointed. It's not as bad as some people are saying but it still isn't that good. Hopefully it's one of those movies where they have a disappointing marketing campaign and is a big surprise when you go and see the movie in the cinema.
    One positive: they didn’t spoil the entire movie like the last one did! ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    One positive: they didn’t spoil the entire movie like the last one did! ;)

Give it time, it wasn't until the second trailer that the big stuff was spoiled on Genisys.

1:15 Cameron should watch his own interviews.

If Terminator 7 is made after 6 bombs and 7 is another reboot, I bet it will be touted by Cameron as the new third film.
    I wanted to see genesis
    I wanted to see genesis

If you are a fan of the first two films you may find the call backs amusing, it's not great though I own it and watched it a few times.

1:15 Cameron should watch his own interviews.

If Terminator 7 is made after 6 bombs and 7 is another reboot, I bet it will be touted by Cameron as the new third film.

He's fickle when it comes to anything he is not directing himself. There's very little Cameron influence here stylistically it seems. Granted, it was probably naive to think there would be considering that Tim Miller is a fairly unique director himself, but it still isn't unreasonable to have expected for it to have made an effort at least look consistent with the first two films. The only thing that links this to the others is Hamilton herself so far. Even Arnie looks a bit out of place these days.
    I wanted to see genesis

Genisys is a terrible film across the board. The story is poor, the action is poor, and the casting was woeful.