"You killed my dog "...John Wick discussion

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    All I ever hoped for back in 2014/2015 was that we'd get a trilogy out of this, so I'm more than happy with the end result here. But, with a Hulu series (possibly) still in the works and Stahelski, Reeves and co. already being up for a fourth, if the audiences want it? Sign me up. If they do it, I'll be there day one.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Behind-the-scenes video on that amazing looking bike chase/fight sequence.

Thanks for that. It was a part of the HBO BTS look, released solo this morning, but I could only find Twitter/embedded links for it.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh how I want more than 3 of these films. I really hope that's true.
    I'll watch the video clip now - thanks!
    Hey, just found this ... apologize if already posted. I have not been checking other vids much on this thread (wanting to avoid spoilers).
    Early reactions from critics are incredibly positive:

http://collider.com/john-wick-3-reviews/#images
    Yeah, baby! I can't bear to read as probably small spoilers at least. I want to see this not really knowing much. Great to hear strong positive reviews coming in.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    10 days left until John Wick 3: Parabellum.
    New TV spot with lots of new footage. Be wary of spoilers from here on out, sifted through YT and saw a video of a fight scene ripped straight from the film somehow:

The full review embargo will be listed on Tuesday, May 14th.
    OMG, yes! This is a great idea - get the Continental to be a tv show. I had not thought of that, but it's perfect!
    Saw the movie last night and I absolutely loved it.
    They really upped the ante for this and I was so surprised and thrilled that the movie outsmarted me at one point.
    That ending... oh my god. Incredible!
    Oh I cannot see it till 26th! Please no spoilers - I will definitely stay off this thread now. thanks!
    I'll be seeing Wick 3 on Wednesday. Can't wait!
    Enjoy, gents. You’re going to love it!
    I hope it will come out here in Shanghai. As an expatriate, one gets a little frustrated at times as China doesn't release a large array of English speaking films on the big screen.
    One of my friends has seen it in the Far East and said he enjoyed it more than the second movie. He said he even laughed out loud at something that happens in a library. I have no idea what he's talking about, but it's encouraging news as he's not so easily influenced or taken in by social media's mass hysteria for movies like this.
    John Wick 3 is easily 100x better than the first two. I was smiling and grinning and laughing throughout. Unbelievable action film. Critics complaining about "too much action" are definitely watching the wrong series.
    I’ve got to get on board and rewatch the first movie and then see the sequels. I remember liking the first okay but don’t remember it too well. The sequels look really good too.
    I dig the first and second but I tend to get them mixed up. I'll think of different scenes and I can't remember if they came from the first or the second.

In terms of action movies, I like these more than Bourne - better action and more stylish.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 2,594
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    John Wick 3 is easily 100x better than the first two. I was smiling and grinning and laughing throughout. Unbelievable action film. Critics complaining about "too much action" are definitely watching the wrong series.

Yeah, I agree. In terms of Bond though, I think it's fair for critics to criticise these films if they have too much action, as the Bond films, atleast to me, are supposed to be action thrillers but maybe I'm wrong. At least, they used to be. Anyway, maybe the critics got used to the other two which have a bit of down time. Does chapter 3 have more action than the other two?
    Bounine wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Yeah, I agree. In terms of Bond though, I think it's fair for critics to criticise these films if they have too much action, as the Bond films, atleast to me, are supposed to be action thrillers but maybe I'm wrong. At least, they used to be. Anyway, maybe the critics got used to the other two which have a bit of down time. Does chapter 3 have more action than the other two?

It has much more action, but simultaneously has fair amounts of down time, character and world building, etc., with a near two and a half hour runtime.
    Thanks. Hope it comes out in China but over here they either don’t allow violent films into the country or they cut stuff out like they did with the 2017 Alien film if it’s deemed too violent. What’s the rating of John Wick in England or/and America?
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I saw it yesterday. Fantastic film. However, I did feel at times some action scenes felt too long. The first is still my favourite. I think that's down to being so surprised by it, a bit like Taken and The Bourne Identity. Still hugely recommended. I'd love to see the director tackle Bond one day.
    With a $150 million worldwide opening, I can only assume Chapter 4 will be gearing up sooner rather than later. I can't wait.
    Have only seen the first one so far.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 40,372
    WOW, this was an incredible surprise. John Wick: Chapter 4 has been confirmed and dated for May 21st, 2021. Where can I buy my tickets already?

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/05/20/john-wick-4-confirmed-release-date/
    I have tiptoed in here to leave this comment, but not reading anything on here till I see the film in about a week or so.

My question is: Is this true, for sure a John Wick 4? I really thought there would be ... somebody send me a PM to reply; not here. Leaving now ... not reading ... not reading ... ;)