Game of Thrones (2011 - 19)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2019 Posts: 40,372
    Please spoiler tag ALL leaks if you're going to share them and don't ruin it for everyone else - they're leaks for a reason.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    GOT is what it is. From the moment they went off book this took a dive.

S1 - 3 will always be the best, after that the quality became sporadic.

I've made my peace with it sometime ago, I pretty sure some are going to be mortally gutted that this doesn't end the way they have in their heads.

I'm just enjoying the ride but it's not outstanding TV, I enjoyed Line of Duty more and the current series was the weakest, incidentally series 1 - 3 are the best LOD has had to offer.

Once this got popular and everyone and his dog was claiming to be a fan it got dumbed down and more about spectacle and less about the intrigue and characters, although S8 has shown some choice moments in that department.

I think I'll be satisfied because I've not built this up to be this amazing conclusion, Mindhunter is back in August, now that does get me excited.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    "You're a good man" - Brand

the man of few words.
    Personally ive loved every episode so far,and am totally spoiler free,which adds to the enjoyment.
    I really believe episode 5 is going to be big. Some of my favourite episodes have been the penultimate episode so really can't wait!
    A few images have been released for the upcoming episode five:

http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-5-images/
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Can't wait for this, second last episode always gets me excited
    The series has flown by as well,cant believe its episode 5/6 already.
    Just a thought, but with Lord of the Rings currently being remade for television, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the same happening with GoT but it going the other way to the big screen. After all, George R.R. Martin's yet-to-be completed "The Winds of Winter" book is going to be a very different animal compared to the final seasons of the TV show. Also, when you take into consideration all the elements that were left out of the books when it was brought to the small screen, it could be enough for some big-shot producer out there to consider a more faithful adaption in future. Give it another ten or more so years and who knows? I never thought we'd see another Rings or Watchman adaption so soon, but here we are.
    Breaking Bad is still the greatest TV show of all time and this episode of GOT just reassure it.
    It seems this season has been really divisive amongst a lot of people. I personally loved this episode and thought Lena Headey was excellent.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I really like this episode but clearly they have rushed into things.
    I'm reading many bad reactions to it, and I don't get why. I, for one, enjoyed it very much. Can't believe fans are saying this was all about not giving in to people's expectations, when the series was always about subverting expectations. And it did so again, brilliantly. All pieces are drawing to an end, like they should. When did TV got this kind or productions. People nowadays are just a bunch of winny babies who want to suckle on the proverbial tit forever and have their own way with things. They haven't learn to frustrate, not even with a show that's all about that.
    I liked it too! I think we could have had a full 10 episode season, still. Well we shall see how the Game of Thrones comes to an end, next week!
    Univex wrote: »
    I'm reading many bad reactions to it, and I don't get why. I, for one, enjoyed it very much. Can't believe fans are saying this was all about not giving in to people's expectations, when the series was always about subverting expectations. And it did so again, brilliantly. All pieces are drawing to an end, like they should. When did TV got this kind or productions. People nowadays are just a bunch of winny babies who want to suckle on the proverbial tit forever and have their own way with things. They haven't learn to frustrate, not even with a show that's all about that.
    Agree 100%. It feels similar to the reaction a lot of people had over the Last Jedi, and is a big reason why I don't come up with theories that often anymore. It's not flawless, it feels kinda rushed but I found the character moments thrilling
    how about the Clegane Bowl, so awesome!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2019 Posts: 23,104
    Daenerys facial expressions have been the highlight for me during season 8.

This show has sank so low, Monty Python and the Holy Grail is more logical and realistic
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This is a decent recap video.

• edited May 2019 Posts: 6,665
    It makes every sense, and that video proves it well.

How many time have the sons and daughters of damaging and atrocious fathers and mothers said they were not their fathers nor mothers, only to prove themselves wrong down the line? Best to embrace consciously the past to prevent the future, even if that means rough justice. That, or we are bound to our fathers's and mother's sins, bound to repeat them one way or another, if not to unconsciously forgive them, then to understand them in some way. Sons must kill their fathers figuratively, man must kill god. If not, if we live in the shadows of prophecies and old house inheritances, we are doomed.

With her background and subsequent story, how wouldn't she react like that? That is good tragedy. Well written, if a bit rushed, I'd say.

And the prophecies and visions were right. It wasn't snow. It were ashes all along. And a dragon did flew over the city.

Most rulers and bad politicians start with the best intentions, only to use power to serve their inner interests. It's a tale for the ages, this one. Not unlike Richard III, MacBeth, The Ides of March, ..., only not as well written of course. It's not prime literature. Not even close to it. As far as TV goes, it's been a brilliant show. Kudos to all.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Agree 100%. It feels similar to the reaction a lot of people had over the Last Jedi, and is a big reason why I don't come up with theories that often anymore. It's not flawless, it feels kinda rushed but I found the character moments thrilling
    how about the Clegane Bowl, so awesome!
    You could also level a "similar" accusation at those that whined about not liking Spectre if you really want to make a connection to another franchise. Personally, I haven't bothered reading, or watching, any of their gripes or concerns as I still very much enjoy the show. It's just a shame it has to come to a breakneck conclusion.
    I am happy people like this season, everyone is entitled to there own opinion. The outcome I have no issue with regarding Top Boss. Its the poor writing that led up to it I have issue with, I say Top Boss as season 8 has felt like a video game, though many video games have much better charactisation.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I'm not sure right now how much I liked it. It had some great shots, it was spectacular and this is definitely one of the episodes that will stick in mind.
    Episode 5 was visually stunning.

Absolutely. Beyond the bigger sequences, I loved that final shot with the horse. Very beautiful moment amidst the death and chaos.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Absolutely. Beyond the bigger sequences, I loved that final shot with the horse. Very beautiful moment amidst the death and chaos.

The horse symbolic of death, I am glad this episode was shot in daylight that's one positive.
    Remake Game of Thrones Season 8 with competent writers. petition...
    https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

This won't make a jot of difference though it illustrates a growing number of disgruntled fans, 111 000 signitures last time I looked.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 7,653
    https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

This won't make a jot of difference though it illustrates a growing number of disgruntled fans, 111 000 signitures last time I looked.

One should never listen to fans too much, so many opinions and views and only the one that the makes the series count. Don't like, do not watch it then.
    I cant understand this negativity.
    I've watched the first 4 episodes and have recorded the 5th ,and I think its been incredible .
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I've watched the first 4 episodes and have recorded the 5th ,and I think its been incredible .

Me too. You'll love the 5th.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Me too. You'll love the 5th.

Saving it for the right moment,probably after I come back from my holiday as I leave on Wednesday .

SaintMark wrote: »

One should never listen to fans too much, so many opinions and views and only the one by the makes count. Don't like, do not watch it then.

Assuming you are a fan I will take your advice