The Eurovision Song Contest Thread

Comments

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    I don't know why the UK even bothers with it. Surely the country that gave us The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Clash, The Smiths, Pink Floyd among others should look down on his farce with contempt.

Have Shakin' Stevens represent us every year with 'This Ole House'......it's bound to win sooner or later....
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2018 Posts: 4,416
    18th place. Because some guy from my own country be to exited and playing a chicken and the presenter have draw on her back with The Common Linnets Rock. Camera whas better then Thursday and guys around him get more space. Mabey stil it whas to much nerves hip hop dancing. Macedonia whas not part of it, whyle i like what there did with a bit of Bob Marley.

Austria, Germany, Moldavia and Cypris i expect a lot of points. Estonia also, but get les points and not end with first 4. Australia i over rated to much and Thuesday it whas better. Sweden to much of a videoclip and should not have been aloud that.

Sweden when there be much better..

When it look The Netherlands not going to be in top 14, i hoped Austria, Germany or Cypris going to win or mabey Moldava or Denmark that atleast brings some humor.

In the first selection round Belgium end on the 12th place With 91 points after Azerbeidzjan (94). Finland whas number 10 with 108 points. In the second selection round The Netherlands end 7th with 174 points. In 2017, O'G3NE whas 4th place at the selection and end at 11 in final.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    I thought Australia's song was much better than last years, but damn was her performance terrible in both the semi and final.

Kudos to SuRie for carrying on like a trooper.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I see the EBU refused China the right to air the show, as they were caught blurring out rainbow flags during the semifinals.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Since when was Australia in Europe, I have no idea what going on with the votes now.

Neither is Israel, Armenia or Azerbaijan. Or Morocco who participated in the 70s.

Only half decent songs this year came from France and Italy, some of the very worst got a lot of votes as usual.

I rarely watch it to be honest
  • GBFGBF
    Was quite a good show which really entertained me a lot. Great songs from Italy, Albania and Denmark. Funny show by Moldova.
    Never bothered with it.
    Nine years since the biggest victory of all time.
    Bond related news: Madonna is performing during the Tel Aviv finale.
    Bond related news: Madonna is performing during the Tel Aviv finale.

Still can't believe Israel won with THAT song…
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I can't claim to be in any way interested in that "institution", but why is the thread title still mentioning the 62nd ESC of 2017?
    I didn t watch the Norwegian finale as all songs were dreadful, but here is the winner for those interested.

edited March 2019 Posts: 4,416
    The Dutch send a Coldplay/Sam Smith number.

I think it need more volume in his voice, but i haven't heard radio version yet.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Our 2019 candidate makes me cringe.

Can a song be more generic and unimaginative than this?
    And here's the french entry :

Well, one thing is certain : it's not this year that we'll win.

The first year the Australian public has been given a choice of ten different songs, and this is what we choice. Definitely wasn't the best.
    Horrible, all of it.
    hsxiym5ju8y21.png

Results from the first semi final.

Montenegro, Finland, Poland, Hungary, Belgium, Georgia and Portugal did not make it through to the grand final.
    The long rumored North American version of the annual European mega competition is officially being developed, with an estimated launch in 2021.
    https://hollywoodreporter.com/news/eurovision-song-contest-eyeing-us-move-as-american-song-contest-1210833
    edited May 2019 Posts: 4,416
    Finland insteed of Iceland
    Belgium insteed of Belarus
    Poland insteed of Serbia.

Instruments sound of Belgium does not work and there whas audio problem with Poland too.
    Finland has 3 acts on podium who not connected, but music was more my taste. I also i like video girl thing, looks a bit on video clip from The Netherlands and Adele.

Duncan/The Netherlands 4th place, but first 7th .. :D
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Will probably watch only the final night.
    Watching this gayfest as tomorrow is a national holiday. Mostly rubbish, but Latvia gets my vote.
    It is fair to say I won't be watching any of it! :))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    My girlfriend is forcing me to sit through this abysmal thing. Right now, fingernails scratching on a chalkboard would be more pleasant to my hearing. None of these "songs" transcends the level of elevator muzak in a shopping mall. Whoever wins eventually, my vote goes to my neighbours' dog barking all night long.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    My girlfriend is forcing me to sit through this abysmal thing. Right now, fingernails scratching on a chalkboard would be more pleasant to my hearing. None of these "songs" transcends the level of elevator muzak in a shopping mall. Whoever wins eventually, my vote goes to my neighbours' dog barking all night long.

It must be love DarthDimi, respect,
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Lol! Our collective support is with you DD!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I bet the UK don't win, Australia is in Europe now... Cool
    Never been much of an Eurovision fan, but I still somehow end up watching it almost every year. Will probably do so tomorrow as well.
    I think I watched it last year when at work or maybe the year before, the voting system I recall made no sense
    I think I watched it last year when at work or maybe the year before, the voting system I recall made no sense

They've changed things I believe. Audience votes from each country, as well as jury votes - all of which they add in a new way (if I remember correctly).