No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

The Sun strikes again. Things weren't so bad after all.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9076212/daniel-craig-james-bond-return-fall/

From the whole film being cancelled to a delay of a week - talk about hyperbole!

I wish The S*n was cancelled.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    TR007 wrote: »
    This injury is meant to have happened last week while Craig was in Jamaica.
    Yesterday Wright was in Pinewood and looked like the production was still motoring along.
    Waller-Bridge didn’t mention anything about production stalling during the Baftas on Sunday.

Plus, a few pages back a board member mentioned that Craig was snapped in NY over the weekend.

Sorry but I really don’t think that production has stalled and really won’t believe it until it’s confirmed by a more reputable source than an English newspaper.

This. A lot of us here are freaking out (again) for nothing.

To my knowledge The Sun has hated Craig since day one.

But Panchito had the news.

Let there be injury,
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    “Things were deemed to be a disaster at first. But the injury is not as severe as believed and he will be able to film while not over exerting his ankle. He will be back on set within the week."

Hope he won't suffer anymore injury throughout the process.
    Apparantly |Craig is being examined in NYC by the surgeon who worked on Harry Kane.
    The Sun story is not dissimilar to a lot of football stories about certain Premier League players that have picked up a serious knock in a match, been ruled out for the following game, to then magically appear on the bench in their full kit ready to play as if the injury was never a big deal to begin with. Like football stars, I'm sure DC was getting the very best possible treatment to reduce the swelling so he could play on. That's not to say the story was bunk to begin with. It's just the nature of these types of injuries aren't so easy to predict because it's also down to an individual's recovery time and how quickly they heal. Fortunately, it doesn't look that serious.
    He always picks up an injury so at least he has got it out of the way early this time !! ;))
    Should feel lucky he didnt slash his wrists I guess
    ]
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Yesterday Wright was in Pinewood and looked like the production was still motoring along.
    Waller-Bridge didn’t mention anything about production stalling during the Baftas on Sunday.

Plus, a few pages back a board member mentioned that Craig was snapped in NY over the weekend.

Sorry but I really don’t think that production has stalled and really won’t believe it until it’s confirmed by a more reputable source than an English newspaper.

Let there be injury,

You really need to get out of your little bubble

• HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Tabloids basically want drama. If Daniel Craig slipped while running and hurt himself, that means for them that he's severely injured.
    From the later reports, it looks like the production sent him to New York to get checked by a top surgeon and physician, just in case, but it turned out that the issue was minor. Hardly healine-worthy.
    The weirdest thing is Variety, as it turns out, just basically quoting The Sun verbatim both yesterday and today. I would have at first thought they heard more info on their end about it but none of the other trades (THR or Deadline) chimed in...seems like for good reason.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Well we could always single out the journalist R. Mitchell as being lazy/biased. Sort of an inverse situation of Baz at the Daily Mail (although some would now argue otherwise).
  • BennyBenny keeping tabs on youAdministrator, Moderator
    The press will do anything to sell a story. Personally I'm more interested in the finished product than what stories I read about the making of the film.
    If, when I go to the cinema to watch the finished Bond 25 it's good or bad then I will pass judgement. Not based on a story in The Sun, or from Variety.
    Should it be well received, you can bet that the press will likely follow suit. For me till the film is finished it's just a lot of speculation and nonsense from the press most of the time.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    They will print anything these days
    This whole thing sounds like fake news! I mean how bad could Craig’s injury be? They weren’t even shooting any action scenes. How did he injure himself? Puffing on a cigar and holding a speargun?? It’s not like he’s jumping across buildings Tom Cruise style.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This whole thing sounds like fake news! I mean how bad could Craig’s injury be? They weren’t even shooting any action scenes. How did he injure himself? Puffing on a cigar and holding a speargun?? It’s not like he’s jumping across buildings Tom Cruise style.

He ran crying away from Fukunaga after a huge fight.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    QuantumArt wrote: »
    ]

Let there be injury,

And you are?
    I can't wait until Bond 25 rams all this tabloid BS back down their throats! Reminds me of all the BS they were coming out with when DC was making CR.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I can't wait until Bond 25 rams all this tabloid BS back down their throats! Reminds me of all the BS they were coming out with when DC was making CR.

If only Bond 25 can be as good as CR!

Their is always hope!

Their is always hope!

giphy.gif
  • craig2019craig2019 Jamaica
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    ]

Let there be injury,

And you are?

I've been thinking the exact same thing for a while now, who is he and where does he get off?

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    craig2019 wrote: »

Yeah, um.....no.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    ]

Let there be injury,

And you are?

I've been thinking the exact same thing for a while now, who is he and where does he get off?

Hopefully somewhere soon.
    Page 2509 on the craziest thread in Bond internet history. Thing is, I thought the wait for production had been a proverbial nightmare, with paranoid fans and warmongers lurking about with crying baby attitude and Y gen ideals or lack of. I thought when production started, we'd get some good news. And so we did, a fantastic cast, brilliant locations, gorgeous perfect new production photos that show a somewhat return to form,... Still, the way people, specially the press or the tabloids, are reacting to it all is just sick. Sick. A deformation of everything for the sake of clicks and drama. Shame on them. A crying shame.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    craig2019 wrote: »

Get your garbage posts outta here.
    ]

Let there be injury,

And you are?

What kind of a question is that ? how exactly do you expect one to respond to It ?

you do realise you're living in a little bubble.
    Without being involved in the production of the movie when news breaks out that there's an injury by multiple sources ,you take it as some sort of personal insult. You get all defensive and you aren't able to accept it as if someones bad mouthing your own child and you're sticking up for it. You really need to go out more and breathe some fresh air. If only you could see how this looks from afar. Reddit's James Bond sub was right when they said this place has a lot of "tossers" .

They're professionals at what they do, they've been making these movies for more than 50 years and this isn't the first time Dan's got injured, He had to get stitches and what not in QoS and they still got that out in time, they'll manage to get it out on time with or without injury.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    ]

Let there be injury,

And you are?

What kind of a question is that ? how exactly do you expect one to respond to It ?

Without being involved in the production of the movie when news breaks out that there's an injury by multiple sources ,you take it as some sort of personal insult. You get all defensive and you aren't able to accept it as if someones bad mouthing your own child and you're sticking up for it. You really need to go out more and breathe some fresh air. If only you could see how this looks from afar. Reddit's James Bond sub was right when they said this place has a lot of "tossers" .

But we could always do with one more! So I, for one, am glad you are here.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 3,126
    ]

Let there be injury,

And you are?

They're professionals at what they do, they've been making these movies for more than 50 years and this isn't the first time Dan's got injured, He had to get stitches and what not in QoS and they still got that out in time, they'll manage to get it out on time with or without injury.

I don't think there are tossers just different opinions what has reddit really been correct with when it comes to facts? Oh and if you don't like this thread why keep coming on go to reddit.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Take it with a grain of salt, but this account, and it’s implications , seem plausible