No Time to Die production thread

Comments

ToTheRight wrote: »
    I hope that "not strong enough" title wasn't Risico or The Property of a Lady.
    I still want those to be used eventually.
    If it was Eclipse or Shatterhand, I'm fine with MGM/Universal turning holding out for something better.

I'm willing to bet cash that the title was 'Eclipse' - probably named after the dangerous new technology created by Malek.

Just put us out of our misery and call it Once Upon A Spy

jsVaVXtLYUguRTBXMcatLxeqzyE.jpg

I always thought Red Sparrow was a cool title for a spy film (the film itself is middling). But you can follow the same process and get a cool title: Black Fox or White Scorpion. It's an easy formula for coming up with an adequate title.

M would be partial to:
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5460858/
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited May 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Here's a title:

Longitude 25 West ;)
    my fear is The Hildebrand Rarity wasn't deemed strong enough.. scary if its actually MGM putting the halt on Fleming titles...

I wouldn't mind All the Time in the World....
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    @antovolk Any mention of why the Funko deal fell through?
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    @antovolk Any mention of why the Funko deal fell through?

No idea what exactly, but it seems there was a serious disagreement between Funko and Danjaq.
    Transcribed from the podcast:
    - Without going into too many details, to echo a line from Gregory Beam: "We should just deal with nice people". (laughter) I'll just leave it at that.
    * Or as Roger Moore says, "If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, don't say it."
    - We will not be seeing any more Funko Pops.

But maybe we should discuss it in the appropriate topic.
    With the greatest of respect look at the notorious injury Tom Cruise got on the last MI film on the rooftops of London. I am sure all will be fine and the film will remain on schedule.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    With the greatest of respect look at the notorious injury Tom Cruise got on the last MI film on the rooftops of London. I am sure all will be fine and the film will remain on schedule.

yep
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    It's a shame about DC's injury, I'm sure he'll be fine and the movie will still on track. The thing is with big productions like theses, they can work and plan round stuff like this
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Possible, unconfirmed, injury.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Hey, on instagram I just looked at Rami's page. It seems to be his official page, which I started following a week or so ago. But now only 3 posts showing; nothing older. Latest is just him with Ellen. I wonder why he deleted everything he used to have up?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2019 Posts: 10,586
    So now that production is confirmed to be heading back to Norway next month, I gather the order of locations will go like this:

1. Matera (PTS - Bond visits Vespe's grave, he and Madeleine are apprehended)
    2. Norway (doubling for Austria?)
    3. Jamaica (007 is off of active service, reunited with Leiter)
    4. Cuba? (Bond and Felix's mission)
    5. London (Bond is reinstated at MI6)
    6. Norway (climax)

It'd be interesting to see when Malek's character is introduced.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Are we 100% certain that the PTS takes place in Matera?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Are we 100% certain that the PTS takes place in Matera?
    According to Variety and Mi6-HQ. But it's not officially confirmed.
    Here’s what we know. It’s confirmed bond starts his journey in Jamaica. Leiter and bond interact very close to the beginning of the film. We didn’t see Madeline during the Jamaica shoot. Harris interview today is a spoiler in the way Bond survives the film and Craig can come back for a sixth. Q serves a larger role in the film than before. There’s plenty of twists and surprises says phoebe. This one is going to be hard to decipher
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2019 Posts: 12,459
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 3,160
    jake24 wrote: »
    So now that production is confirmed to be heading back to Norway next month, I gather the order of locations will go like this:

6. Norway (climax)

More likely:
    1. PTS: Matera - taking place right after SP: Bond and Madeleine being chased. Madeleine gets killed
    2. Main titles
    3. "Some years later"
    4. Norway. Girl gets chased
    5. Jamaica (007 is off of active service, has a new flame + Leiter)
    6. Cuba (Bond and Felix's mission)
    7. London
    8. Norway (climax)
    9. Matera. Bond visits Madeleines grave.

Did he bury all his dead woman in Matera? :P
    vasilismf wrote: »

Yeah he's got a whole graveyard full of 'em.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Here’s what we know. It’s confirmed bond starts his journey in Jamaica.
    It's an interesting choice of words that Barbara happened to use at the Launch Event. Starting his journey doesn't necessarily mean it's the very start of the movie. Theoretically, there could also be a number of small unrelated scenes that aren't directly connected to Bond's "journey" that go before Jamaica.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Getafix wrote: »
    vasilismf wrote: »

Yeah he's got a whole graveyard full of 'em.

Which will be Bond 25's title.

A Whole Graveyard To Kill
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Zekidk wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

6. Norway (climax)

More likely:
    1. PTS: Matera - taking place right after SP: Bond and Madeleine being chased. Madeleine gets killed
    2. Main titles
    3. "Some years later"
    4. Norway. Girl gets chased
    5. Jamaica (007 is off of active service, has a new flame + Leiter)
    6. Cuba (Bond and Felix's mission)
    7. London
    8. Norway (climax)
    9. Matera. Bond visits Madeleines grave.

I’m not as sure…..
    1. Matera

It’s looking as though this will indeed be the opening scene. I suspect that Bond and Madeleine will be getting married and then somehow she is killed or injured badly. I just hope the scenes are done well as you only have 10 minutes to remind audiences that Bond and her are in ‘love’ before killing her off. Most importantly, I need to care that she’s dead. That’s very hard to pull off.

2. Main-titles

3. Norway

This will likely start with a title card saying “Five Years Later”. I suspect the little girl on the lake is the scientist’s daughter. I guess this will be Rami Malek’s ‘big introduction’ scene.

4. Jamaica

Since Madeline’ death, Bond has probably given up active duty. I quite like the idea that he’s now fronting Station J. He probably spends his days alone, mourning Madeleine and getting drunk. Then Felix shows up with word of the missing scientist (David Dencik) and explains that he needs Bond to do an “off the books” mission and go to Cuba to retrieve him.

5. Cuba

Considering Billy Magnussen is young and athletic, I suspect that he will also go on the mission. I think Magnussen will be a traitor and will be working for Malek. He’ll probably kill Felix or beat him badly. I’m getting LTK vibes from those set photos.

I’m willing to bet money that during the mission in Cuba, Bond meets Nomi, the MI6 agent (Lashana Lynch), who has similar orders from London to retrieve the scientist. After they botch the operation and Magnussen gets the better of them, we’ll probably go back to Jamaica where Bond and Nomi realise they have to work together.

I can’t speculate any further than this point, simply because we don’t know enough information. For example, currently we have zero idea how Ana De Armas factors into this. We don’t know how Malek is involved, etc.
    Since Madeline’ death, Bond has probably given up active duty. He probably spends his days alone
    (...)
    I’m willing to bet money that during the mission in Cuba, Bond meets Nomi, the MI6 agent (Lashana Lynch),
    No, she is there, at Bond's jamaican retreat:
    "Daniel Craig spotted filming exotic scenes with new ‘Bond Girl’ Lashana Lynch in Jamaica"
    https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/12/daniel-craig-spotted-filming-exotic-scenes-new-bond-girl-lashana-lynch-jamaica-9502455/?ito=twitter

Title for Bond 25 will be 'The Rise of James Bond, 007'. Trust me.
  • I was just thinking, it's a pity really that they have already used the surname "Silva" - it would have been a nice little nod - negating any need for Die Another Day levels of throwback- to have it used somewhere in the 25th film. Though I do ponder if the reason the villains names haven't been revealed is because there is some form of Fleming Reference. Spang, perhaps as I believe has been suggested? Seraffimo Spang after all does seem a wonderfully - so far wasted - name for a flamboyant villain.
    I don't suppose anyone thinks Madeleine will make it out of this movie alive? I was kind of hoping.
    I don't suppose anyone thinks Madeleine will make it out of this movie alive? I was kind of hoping.

I think she has a very good chance because killing her off just feels too predictable. How many of Bond's women die - a lot of them - and I think they will avoid a repeat of the Vesper scenario - i.e. Bond falls in love, the lady soon dies.

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

The biggest twist would be that she does live.

I'd love to see the "LOOK SHE DIEZ OH NO" crowd's faces then.

But I stay with my opinion: she'll become the new Q.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm in the camp of not thinking Madeleine will die. As @ColonelSun said, it's too predictable. Especially for Craig's Bond, Vesper, Fields, Severine. Too kill off Madeleine would be weak.
    She may not appear in all the movie, (maybe she does) but I think she'll leave of her own accord and at least survive.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 11,425
    She betrays Bond and survives.

He ends up alone and broken.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I do.

But will Bond perform CPR again. And will it be underwater.