Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 8,656
    Gerard wrote: »
    Now, guess what : someone tried to blackmail me yesterday, asking me to send him some 500 BitCoins or he would send incriminating pictures of me to everyone I know. Apparently, he had hacked into my webcam. Except that... I have no webcam, which a real hacker would have found out. How stupid can he be, right ? Apparently, it's the latest craze in mail scamming nowadays. Frankly, I didn't fall for the Nigerian Prince, I won't fall for that one.

Both my wife and I as well as one of my colleagues received several of those during the last six months or so. It's a case of shift + delete. But the one that my wife received (which was the first ever) had an extra twist: it mentioned a password for some account that she actually once used to add credibility. The "hacker" must have bought it along with those millions of pilfered username/password combinations of the known security breaches. Unfortunately for him, even I knew right away that it was a password that my wife hadn't used for about 12 years, and she does change them regularly anyway.

Don't wait for it to stop. The "Nigeria Connection" has been with us for over thirty years, before most people ever used a PC.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It was. And everything went on without a hitch. Well, hardly a hitch : I made the portal ring on the trip back home. Probably my belt.

Now, guess what : someone tried to blackmail me yesterday, asking me to send him some 500 BitCoins or he would send incriminating pictures of me to everyone I know. Apparently, he had hacked into my webcam. Except that... I have no webcam, which a real hacker would have found out. How stupid can he be, right ? Apparently, it's the latest craze in mail scamming nowadays. Frankly, I didn't fall for the Nigerian Prince, I won't fall for that one.

Same here, and I don t have a web cam, either. A colleague got the same threat on his workphone e-mail.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,241
    It was. And everything went on without a hitch. Well, hardly a hitch : I made the portal ring on the trip back home. Probably my belt.

Good that the trip went well in the end! Not so good about the blackmail email. Many people get these kind of emails apparently.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

What on earth do you mean? The Prince and I have a very good working relationship. At least, I think the money will come soon. I've transferred al lthe grease necessary....
    I was once called by someone with an Indian accent telling me my computer was hit with a virus, and that the only way I could save it was to obviously restart my computer and do "exactly what he told me to do". It is unbelievable how stupid they think we are! (:|

I suspect some few people might fall for it though...
    You can't cheat an honest man, but never give a sucker an even break.
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 19,339
    I just destroyed my DVD player ,as I haven’t been able to get widescreen on it for all of my efforts lately,and unusually lost my temper wz the bastard ,had to show all my devices that I am the boss x I’ve ordered a Sony one to arrive tomorrow on offer from £50 to £32 x wife not happy but i did save the 3amp fuse from the plug for future use.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I just destroyed my DVD player ,as I haven’t been able to get widescreen on it for all of my efforts lately,and unusually lost my temper wz the bastard ,had to show all my devices that I am the boss x I’ve ordered a Sony one to arrive tomorrow on offer from £50 to £32 x wife not happy but i did save the 3amp fuse from the plug for future use.

So the counselling from Roger aint working??
    Mathis1 wrote: »

So the counselling from Roger aint working??

I did look at her face by chance before I did it , and Sir Roger said ‘go for it ‘!!
    Why does Daniel Craig get so much bloody power ?! Right down to a possible choice of title !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Why the bloody hell are my Bondsongs from the 30th Anniversary album showing up on my Itunes, but not on my IPOD?!!!!

>:P
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Coughers who put a clenched fist in front of their face, as if that should be any helpful.

I hate that too. But people coughing in your face is worse.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Why does Daniel Craig get so much bloody power ?! Right down to a possible choice of title !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know, right! At least split it 50/50 with Rachel.
    QBranch wrote: »
    I know, right! At least split it 50/50 with Rachel.

Hahaha oh I don't think she would let him get away with anything !
    So now Disney are remaking Home Alone and rebooting Night at the Museum. Does anyone at Disney corp have one single solitary original idea left in their combined might of their organization or have they completely given up on original thought. Coming soon the "live action" remake of Basil the great mouse detective!!
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,564
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    So now Disney are remaking Home Alone and rebooting Night at the Museum. Does anyone at Disney corp have one single solitary original idea left in their combined might of their organization or have they completely given up on original thought. Coming soon the "live action" remake of Basil the great mouse detective!!

Actually....no kidding... coming soon, the live action remake of "Lady & the Tramp." https://www.comicsbeat.com/good-dogs-cast-disneys-lady-and-the-tramp-live-action-remake/
    Sorry you had to hear it here first.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    By now we could be watching the full trailer of B25 and we don't even have a title yet :((
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,564
    Walecs wrote: »
    By now we could be watching the full trailer of B25 and we don't even have a title yet :((

Just note the entry above yours & do a little extrapolation. It can now be revealed, the title of B25 is: "The Property of a Lady & the Tramp." Sorry you had to hear it here first...
    ;))
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Well, it seems that without Daniel Craig’s interference, Sam Mendes would not have directed Skyfall nor would Jarvier Bradem been Raoul Silva.

Reading the SPECTRE leaks, I don’t see Craig’s input in the daily round tables... a lot from Pascal and Mendes and Logan and BB...

As far as I’m concerned, Craig’s interferences in production, thus far, has been minimal, yet golden.... unless we’re to believe that he and Rachel now call the shots at EoN?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    P.s.: Roger was able to influence the producers to hire his friend Robert Brown as the new M (after Lee’s passing)...

He was also able to drive Cubby into near-misses by hiring the likes of Mr Brolin as Mr Bond!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Based on the last four films I trust the judgment of the producers including Mr. Craig.

If that's the case we can forget about THE PROPERTY OF A LADY.
    I remember in an interview he didn't care for that one.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Birdleson wrote: »

This is a thorn for me as well. The latitude that current EON gives to actors and directors would never have flown in Cubby’s era, and we were better off for it. I love film as an art form and respect the actors, writers and directors, but this is Bond; it is a product that has a history and a system. Enough kowtowing.

I agree wholeheartedly.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 7,500
    ToTheRight wrote: »

If that's the case we can forget about THE PROPERTY OF A LADY.
    I remember in an interview he didn't care for that one.

All the better if true! Fleming purism is fine enough I guess, but this obsession we have with having to use up all his old titles makes no sense to me...
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Sometimes when I have no plans on a Saturday night, I find it a good idea to sit down and watch a film I haven't watched yet – typically one that's been sitting on the shelf for a long time. I have a few of these, and I never manage to pick one to watch. When it's getting a bit late and I still haven't decided, I just end up watching an hour of a Bond film before going to bed.

I'm currently watching the first half of FRWL.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Sometimes when I have no plans on a Saturday night, I find it a good idea to sit down and watch a film I haven't watched yet – typically one that's been sitting on the shelf for a long time. I have a few of these, and I never manage to pick one to watch. When it's getting a bit late and I still haven't decided, I just end up watching an hour of a Bond film before going to bed.

Which means you will also watch the second half as well, poor devil (lol)...

Hardly anything to complain about if you ask me... ;)
    peter wrote: »

Which means you will also watch the second half as well, poor devil (lol)...

I did!
    jobo wrote: »

Hardly anything to complain about if you ask me... ;)

A slight annoyance over my own indecisiveness, that's all!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Queue culture here in Norway. People don t have a clueue!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Queue culture here in Norway. People don t have a clueue!

I wasn't aware there were enough Norwegians to start making a queue....