No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Denbigh wrote: »
    This scene seems to be the closest we're gonna get to The Hildebrand Rarity adaptation :D

The fish even looks a bit like the fish from the novel.

Ah, you're right!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Univex wrote: »
    A couple of more pics.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9005114/daniel-craig-james-bond-exclusive-photos-caribbean-007/

So, I'm thinking Bond gets off his yacht with the fish and the harpoon gun and goes into his house. The cigar and the cat probably won't be in the final film. Right? Too bad.
    Nothing would indicate that.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    You never know, the cat may be one of those unscripted moments that’s retained; it would be a nice touch.
    Have we heard of any action set pieces planned for filming in Jamaica?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    A couple of more pics.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9005114/daniel-craig-james-bond-exclusive-photos-caribbean-007/

So, I'm thinking Bond gets off his yacht with the fish and the harpoon gun and goes into his house. The cigar and the cat probably won't be in the final film. Right? Too bad.

Awesome - more pics!

We get a better look at the speargun here. It is a Riffe, probably an E-55. Any ideas about the handgun?
    talos7 wrote: »
    You never know, the cat may be one of those unscripted moments that’s retained; it would be a nice touch.
    I was thinking this too. Love those moments. Like the cyclist from OP or Brozza kicking the fencing sword.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 9,730
    I know I am currently the only one who thinks this but am I really the only person getting a The Hildebrand Rarity vibe off of the photos?

Looks like @Denbigh agrees with me great mind and all that

I get the Hildebrand Rarity as the final Daniel Craig title i will be soooo happy
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    QBranch wrote: »
    A couple of more pics.

Awesome - more pics!

We get a better look at the speargun here. It is a Riffe, probably an E-55. Any ideas about the handgun?
    I was thinking this too. Love those moments. Like the cyclist from OP or Brozza kicking the fencing sword.

I'm not entirely sure but it may be a Browning Hi-Power, which was a Royal Army and Marines issue sidearm. I seem to remember Gardner's also had Bond use a Browning Hi-Power for a couple of novels.
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »
    A couple of more pics.

Awesome - more pics!

I'm not entirely sure but it may be a Browning Hi-Power, which was a Royal Army and Marines issue sidearm. I seem to remember Gardner's also had Bond use a Browning Hi-Power for a couple of novels.
    It does indeed look to be a Browning HP. Nice- that's potentially three Bond 25 guns identified thus far. I sense a dedicated Bond 25 prop thread coming!
    A couple of more pics.

Awesome - more pics!

It does indeed look to be a Browning HP. Nice- that's potentially three Bond 25 guns identified thus far. I sense a dedicated Bond 25 prop thread coming!

On one of pics, good to see Craig practicing some trigger discipline.
    Good catch. Let's hope the etiquette continues over into the film, and not like that train scene in SP.
    Good catch. Let's hope the etiquette continues over into the film, and not like that train scene in SP.

For real. A professional never throws his weapon.
    Haha... Of course I mean on the train, when Madeleine empties the chamber while pointing the gun at Bond.
    Haha... Of course I mean on the train, when Madeleine empties the chamber while pointing the gun at Bond.

Oh my bad! Yes, absolutely.
    octofinger wrote: »
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    FSS

For Special Services

Brilliantly done if so.

That would be quite clever and still has a Fleming connection

Jesus, I spelled this out in the last page.

Ah shoot. I usually just read the very last page to catch-up and thought I was independently clever.

A bit like when someone tells the same joke right after you...

No worries, things are moving fast. It's one of the few things that comes to mind when you think of the acronym FSS.
    peter wrote: »
    As stupid as it sounds, I'm wondering if
    Bond is alone when we meet him... this gives him time to perhaps be with Ana, once he's on the mission... later in the film, he and madeleine's paths cross again... (Maddy may have some relationship with the missing scientist?)... It's just strange that she's not yet been seen.. or it could just be scheduling and I'm wayyy over-thinking this...

You could be on to something there @peter…
    We don't know how big a role Léa Seydoux will have, right? Could be less screen time this time for all we know.

Another possibility is that Lea will be shooting interiors at Pinewood. Perhaps Craig brings home some fish and she makes dinner?
    A couple of more pics.

Awesome - more pics!

My wager is Colt 1911.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 13,879
    A couple of more pics.

Awesome - more pics!

My wager is Colt 1911.
    I considered that, but in the shot where he aims, you see the light shining on the extractor, ruling the Colt out.
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    FSS

For Special Services

Brilliantly done if so.

That would be quite clever and still has a Fleming connection

Jesus, I spelled this out in the last page.

Ah shoot. I usually just read the very last page to catch-up and thought I was independently clever.

A bit like when someone tells the same joke right after you...

No worries, things are moving fast. It's one of the few things that comes to mind when you think of the acronym FSS.
    Good call though. I think you're onto something there.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Browning Hi-Power being a British armed forces sidearm (until recently, I heard), it'd make sense for Bond to arm himself with one. Can't say I'd expect him to carry a Colt M1911A1.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Bond is alone when we meet him... this gives him time to perhaps be with Ana, once he's on the mission... later in the film, he and madeleine's paths cross again... (Maddy may have some relationship with the missing scientist?)... It's just strange that she's not yet been seen.. or it could just be scheduling and I'm wayyy over-thinking this...

We don't know how big a role Léa Seydoux will have, right? Could be less screen time this time for all we know.

Another possibility is that Lea will be shooting interiors at Pinewood. Perhaps Craig brings home some fish and she makes dinner?

Of course, they might do some at Pinewood as well. Shame if Léa Seydoux was to be be limited to interiors though – especially if those scenes take place in Jamaica.

Of course, they might do some at Pinewood as well. Shame if Léa Seydoux was to be be limited to interiors though – especially if those scenes take place in Jamaica.
    Some two-piece swimsuits from the Victoria's Secret catalog would've done her nicely, wouldn't you say? ;)
    The lack of Léa Seydoux could also mean that the director is having to shoot various scenes that don't involve her yet, and working around her absence. This rescheduling of the B25 at the last minute must have caused some major filming clashes we don't know about, especially as they might already be committed to other movie projects that come first. I believe Léa Seydoux is also filming another movie called The Story of My Wife. Could this be the reason why we haven't seen her yet?
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,241

Some two-piece swimsuits from the Victoria's Secret catalog would've done her nicely, wouldn't you say? ;)

Very much so! ;-)
    bondsum wrote: »
    The lack of Léa Seydoux could also mean that the director is having to shoot various scenes that don't involve her yet, and working around her absence. This rescheduling of the B25 at the last minute must have caused some major filming clashes we don't know about, especially as they might already be committed to other movie projects that come first. I believe Léa Seydoux is also filming another movie called The Story of My Wife. Could this be the reason why we haven't seen her yet?

Good point(s). Think someone mentioned she's working on that film now, so that might be the reason why we haven't seen her on set yet.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    A couple of more pics.

Awesome - more pics!

My wager is Colt 1911.

And my wager is Smith & Wesson model 915 9mm.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Some of you guys seem to have a bit of a cigar fetish. ;) Just sayin' ...
    Smoking tobacco is cool. What can I say? ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    ha! It's not to me, though.

Cigar Girl fetish perhaps!

Say again?

04_16x10.jpg

Who wouldn't?

PS: I know, I know, off topic, but cmon. A gratuitous pic of Cucinotta should be allowed in every thread ;)

Say again?

04_16x10.jpg

Who wouldn't?

PS: I know, I know, off topic, but cmon. A gratuitous pic of Cucinotta should be allowed in every thread ;)

Definitely! If not for Bond 25, I do hope we get a minor (or major!) character like that in a future Bond film.

Say again?

04_16x10.jpg

Who wouldn't?

Definitely! If not for Bond 25, I do hope we get a minor (or major!) character like that in a future Bond film.

Yes, we've been missing some well...rounded characters. Although Bellucci was there, but in mourning blacks, all the way. Too bad, what a waste, yet again.