The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

• Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Cassandra Harris from FYEO was "Mrs Brosnan" but I'm guessing that's not who you're looking for.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Not part of the Pierce clan, actually. Or at least not THAT close.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Stamper’s discolored eye?

That's it! Optical heterochromia. Over to you.

As a belated aside, quite frankly I wasn't even aware he HAD a discolored eye. I thought that being big, blond and German was enough of a deformity for his character. Then again, Stamper is a cardboard-cutout Bond henchman of the most simplistic kind.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Richard Maibaum makes sense. Charles Bennett is interesting, I also did not know that one.

This might be quick. Name another Brosnan in Bond history, not Pierce.

I have been raking my brain for his first name, and it suddenly came to me now. John Brosnan wrote a book about film Bond in the 70s.
    In a year and a half (hopefully) it will be time to do the big one again.

Are you on the wrong thread?
    No. I'm saying that once we've all seen B25 a few times we can run the Bond Film Elimination Game again.

As I thought. This is the trivia thread.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Sir, this is a Wendy's
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Name another Brosnan in Bond history, not Pierce.
    I have been raking my brain for his first name, and it suddenly came to me now. John Brosnan wrote a book about film Bond in the 70s.
    That's the answer,, @Thunderfinger John Brosnan wrote the excellent book James Bond in the Cinema,
    All right, I have another one. Which contender for the Bond role in OHMSS had previously appeared in a Bond film? (And which film?)
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    OK, I just dug this up via IMDb, but one Hans De Vries was among the five finalists for playing Bond in OHMss and also played an uncredited control room technician in YOLT.
    You are correct. Over to you.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 8,655
    OK, thank you. I'm trying not to make it immediately "googleable":

What do "Paradise" and a seven-digit number with a digit sum of 28 have to do with Bond No. 10?

Additonal (or additionally misleading) hint: "No, I'm just looking."
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Paradise Island Bahamas?
    I'd grant you you have a point if there wasn't the additional thing with the seven-digit number. But my "Paradise" doesn't even refer to the island.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Both License plates in Dr. No and The Spy Who Love Me that Bond drives add up to 28 characters (numbers and letters)?
    I haven't checked that claim, but: no. And the digit sum is only about numbers.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I didn't know about this until now. But, apparently, Richard Todd was Fleming's first choice for the Bond role. I could definitely see him being Fleming's literary Bond.

latest?cb=20170625093738
    I didn't know about this until now. But, apparently, Richard Todd was Fleming's first choice for the Bond role. I could definitely see him being Fleming's literary Bond.

latest?cb=20170625093738

Interesting...but wrong thread?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2019 Posts: 15,423
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

latest?cb=20170625093738

Interesting...but wrong thread?
    Well, I couldn't find any other thread. But, it is a trivia, after all. Don't you think?

EDIT: On second thoughts, I didn't notice "Quiz". So, my mistake.
    Yes, no problem. I just wondered for a while what it had to do with my question.
    There is the "Who could/should be a Bond actor?"
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    OK, thank you. I'm trying not to make it immediately "googleable":

What do "Paradise" and a seven-digit number with a digit sum of 28 have to do with Bond No. 10?

Additonal (or additionally misleading) hint: "No, I'm just looking."

Bumping this. Maybe a hint or additional clue?
    edited May 2019 Posts: 1,172
    It's the registration number of the Liparus, later renamed "Paradise". Quite pleased with myself over this one!
    Yeah, @Tokoloshe2. Good job! Your turn.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 1,172
    OK which Bond film actor with a tiny role (but as a named and speaking character) went on to receive an MBE for services to the music industry?
    It's not John Barry.
    Goldie?
    It's not Goldie.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Lotte Lenya
    thedove wrote: »
    Lotte Lenya
    An "actor with a tiny role"?