Bond Girl Wannabees

edited May 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 53
So, model Daisy Lowe wants to be a 'Bond Girl'. OF COURSE she wants to be a 'Bond Girl' - what a great career boost! Sorry, Daisy, but I'd not heard of you before reading this news item. Now I've troubled to look you up on the Internet, I can see you're pretty, but no prettier than 60% of the girls one sees in the local High Street. The crucial question one must ask of any wannabee 'Bond Girl' is ... can she act? And that's not a given. We already know that a number of Bond actresses couldn't act - chief amongst them, that 'wooden' glamourpuss Gemma Arterton. What WAS Eon thinking of? And I personally found Eva Green most unconvincing as the all-consuming love of Bond's life. (Such a great shame, that casting.) Moreover, I fully subscribe to previous correspondents who have bemoaned the absence of TRULY BEAUTIFUL actresses in more recent Bond films, a far cry from the stunning beauties that populated the early Connery Bond films. So, in attempt to champion the restoration of beautiful Bond girls to the series, I propose the closest we're ever likely to get to the unmatchable Grace Kelly - the Welsh mezzo-soprano Katerine Jenkins. And before anybody raises objection, let me remind you that she CAN ACT! Apart from being de rigueur for operatic singers, she took many people my surprise in her sensitive portrayal in the Christmas 'Doctor Who'.

Comments