Big Chief Studios 1:6 Scale 007 figures.

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    To be honest, only Connery from Dr. No interests me to the core. The others are optional.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Mallory wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    To be honest, the Sideshow versions look like rubber ducks compared to those. But, that's just me.
    Agreed, they haven’t aged well, but it’s a costly upgrade. I reckon these two figures will be a total price of close to £600?

True but the sideshow ones, when released, were £30-£50 each, not £300 each.

That was a few years ago, mind. The quality has improved, but the price has gone up at the same time.
    To be honest, the Sideshow versions look like rubber ducks compared to those. But, that's just me.
    Agreed, they haven’t aged well, but it’s a costly upgrade. I reckon these two figures will be a total price of close to £600?

That was a few years ago, mind. The quality has improved, but the price has gone up at the same time.

Massively so! The thing is I am waiting for the LALD set which isn't due until late August!

Shocking really. There's no need for them to be that expensive.
    As I mentioned on another thread, I was at collectormania a couple of weekends ago. Was very pleased to see that Big Chief studios were there so I was hoping to see the LALD set of figures. Sadly they were not! :(( However? The Dr No set were and are absolutely brilliant in my opinion. Take a look!

48032103333_5a2b6609f3_b_d.jpg

48032065191_fcb71057b6_b_d.jpg

Had an interesting chat to the team there. The interesting thing I took away from our chat is when I asked if they will do a range of Brosnan and Craig models. The response was quite surprising to me. They said allegedly that DC was a problem as they put it? So Eon won't rock the boat with their leading man over it which I guess is fair enough. But so as to not single out one actor that is why they have not given the green light to Brosnan's films to be done either. Eon are solely concentrating on making Bond 25 currently.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Wiseman looks fantastic. But Connery looks funky. Like Parker with his coat and hands, maybe?
    Thanks for the photos @RogueAgent . Very interesting to hear about Craig and Big Chief. I believe he abhors merchandise and was the key figure in shutting down the corgi figures and busts from 2008 (I may be wrong on the year). It may be the possible he shut down the Funko Pop deal too.
    Thanks for the photos @RogueAgent . Very interesting to hear about Craig and Big Chief. I believe he abhors merchandise and was the key figure in shutting down the corgi figures and busts from 2008 (I may be wrong on the year). It may be the possible he shut down the Funko Pop deal too.

Certainly possible! Real shame in my opinion. Always feel that Bond has been so under exposed in terms of merchandise when I go to memorabilia fayres.
    I heard Eastwood is the same but when Clint passes away they will prolly be making figures of him regardless
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Certainly possible! Real shame in my opinion. Always feel that Bond has been so under exposed in terms of merchandise when I go to memorabilia fayres.

Would love to see an action figure range that doesn't require a mortgage to aquire. Six inch figures that would cost around £12 each or something. Imagine the wealth of characters they could produce!

When you see some of the fantastic ranges of film and TV figures being produced it really does look as if EON have squandered such a great potential.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Bond's jackets never quite fit right on this things.

If I recall correctly, the jacket Bod wore when he was being entertained by Goldfinger in Kentucky, fits pretty well.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm sure I have seen an unlicenced Dirty Harry figure. Then again, it could be a custom.

Would love to see an action figure range that doesn't require a mortgage to aquire. Six inch figures that would cost around £12 each or something. Imagine the wealth of characters they could produce!

When you see some of the fantastic ranges of film and TV figures being produced it really does look as if EON have squandered such a great potential.

Very true, but I am guessing it will never happen?
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

Only if EON sell the Bond franchise.

Only if EON sell the Bond franchise.

I cannot see that happening to be honest? Lets see what happens after Bond 25?
    They look great, but I already have the Sideshow versions of both of these figures which makes it difficult to splash out on these.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Hope their is not another delay with the LALD set?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    dr-no-pre-order-splash_2.jpg
    Surprised at this seeing this as the LALD set are delayed 2 months.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited August 2019 Posts: 524
    Full pictures with the accessories and pricing on the site:

dr-no-james-bond.jpg

dr-no.jpg

Bond:
    £239.99 (including VAT, payable by customers in the UK and EU only)
    £199.99 (excluding VAT, payable by customers outside the UK and EU)
    Dr. No:
    £209.99 (including VAT, payable by customers in the UK and EU only)
    £174.99 (excluding VAT, payable by customers outside the UK and EU)
    Both together:
    £449.99 (including VAT, payable by customers in the UK and EU only)
    £374.99 (excluding VAT, payable by customers outside the UK and EU)

Only Bond comes with pre-order bonuses this time around: his overcoat and the Homburg hat.
    I will certainly be purchasing these. Love the fact that Dr No comes with Tarantula and case.

So hope they sort this image rights business out asap. Would love some characters from the Brosnan and Craig movies. For me in particular I would dearly love Mr White and Le Chiffre.
    Full pictures with the accessories and pricing on the site:

dr-no-james-bond.jpg

dr-no.jpg

Bond:
    £239.99 (including VAT, payable by customers in the UK and EU only)
    £199.99 (excluding VAT, payable by customers outside the UK and EU)
    Dr. No:
    £209.99 (including VAT, payable by customers in the UK and EU only)
    £174.99 (excluding VAT, payable by customers outside the UK and EU)
    Both together:
    £449.99 (including VAT, payable by customers in the UK and EU only)
    £374.99 (excluding VAT, payable by customers outside the UK and EU)

Only Bond comes with pre-order bonuses this time around: his overcoat and the Homburg hat.

Ordered my set earlier today. Look forward to adding them to my collection in the future! :D :-bd
    roger2_2048x.jpg?v=1578415866

Eye spy with my little eye, something beginning with... T-Dalts in the backround.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Very cool, Major. They really nailed it this time around. Definitely one of my favourite Moore outfits and scenes.
    roger2_2048x.jpg?v=1578415866

Eye spy with my little eye, something beginning with... T-Dalts in the backround.

That is also the Desmond Llewelyn head mould at his feet too! :-bd Should be receiving my LALD set within the next 3 to 4 weeks hopefully? Will post a pic once they have settled in the Bond cave!!! ;) <:-P
  • si4tssi4ts UK
    The Dr No Bond head sculpt looks wrong. I don’t know why but I will purchase as the accoutrements are brilliant but this release is all about the Joseph Wiseman figure.
    I hope Dalton and Llewelyn are the Tier 4 release but when asked BCS are very hush hush about it. I am keen that we see something new from BCS maybe a Klebb or a Wint&Kidd
    si4ts wrote: »
    The Dr No Bond head sculpt looks wrong. I don’t know why but I will purchase as the accoutrements are brilliant but this release is all about the Joseph Wiseman figure.
    I hope Dalton and Llewelyn are the Tier 4 release but when asked BCS are very hush hush about it. I am keen that we see something new from BCS maybe a Klebb or a Wint&Kidd

The moulds I recall off the top of my head were Dalton Bond TLD, Q Llewelyn, and Shaw as Red Grant and I think a Blofeld but not sure which one?
  • si4tssi4ts UK
    Thanks - I think it’s a Savalas Blofeld.
    Grant would be good but needs to be released with Klebb. Would like to see a Largo as well.
    I know it is early days yet with respect to Covid19, but now they have resumed production to some extent in China? I wonder when they will release new information for the next set of figures? Obviously I would expect it to be TD from TLD seeing as he is clearly in the background?