Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    So I slipped on some ice the other day- fell flat on my back- knocked the wind out of me and had to get x-rays done. Good news is I didn't fracture or break my ribs. Bad news is it hurt so bad I can barely move or get off my sofa without pretty much yelling in pain.
    Even brushing my teeth today or trying to get dressed was a major obstacle. It's like I have to be extremely careful with every little movie I make or it will hurt like hell.
    Unfortunately, I keep thinking of funny things and trying not to laugh.
    I got out of work tonight and for a couple days to heal.

Ouch I have done that before, if it's muscular I find Deep Freeze gel quite effective

thanks I'll try it. I'm glad it's not a fracture. But if I cough or move it feels like Im being kicked hard from the inside of the back rib-cage.

I cracked my ribs several years ago, to get off the sofa or bed I literally had to fall onto the floor as I just could not move upright. When your core is effected whether it be ribs or muscular it really does restrict you from doing anything, all you can do is rest.

thats what im doing- got a heating pad but moving ice forward a few inches just to put it behind me hurt

I did this at New Year ,fell over the bed/wife during the night (alright hold back the comments u gits) and I agree with the deep freeze rather than heat but I find the spray works better but it’s more expensive and runs out quicker x worth it though .

Your wife @barryt007 ?

She didn't even bleedin' wake up ,Rossy !!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    So I slipped on some ice the other day- fell flat on my back- knocked the wind out of me and had to get x-rays done. Good news is I didn't fracture or break my ribs. Bad news is it hurt so bad I can barely move or get off my sofa without pretty much yelling in pain.
    Even brushing my teeth today or trying to get dressed was a major obstacle. It's like I have to be extremely careful with every little movie I make or it will hurt like hell.

Ouch I have done that before, if it's muscular I find Deep Freeze gel quite effective

thanks I'll try it. I'm glad it's not a fracture. But if I cough or move it feels like Im being kicked hard from the inside of the back rib-cage.

I cracked my ribs several years ago, to get off the sofa or bed I literally had to fall onto the floor as I just could not move upright. When your core is effected whether it be ribs or muscular it really does restrict you from doing anything, all you can do is rest.

thats what im doing- got a heating pad but moving ice forward a few inches just to put it behind me hurt

I did this at New Year ,fell over the bed/wife during the night (alright hold back the comments u gits) and I agree with the deep freeze rather than heat but I find the spray works better but it’s more expensive and runs out quicker x worth it though .

Your wife @barryt007 ?

She matches your drinking habits then? I see a rosé, eh, rosy future for you two ;-)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

thats what im doing- got a heating pad but moving forward a few inches just to put it behind me hurt

Heating pad is that what the doctor recommended, what pain killers were you prescribed?

Ibuprofen at 800mg and Tramadol- though I was told to be careful with the latter. I'm following instructions carefully. Today I've been able to move around a bit better, but I still get that intense shooting pain in the right side of my back. Might be a muscle spasm. It's very difficult to get up when I'm sitting, especially getting out of bed, Today was marginally better and not nearly as intense. I have to carefully plan little tasks like popping a Blu ray into the player as it's out of reach. Can't particularly bend. If I drop something on the floor, it stays.

Tramadol does not agree with me at all though its effective, its difficult as you need to rest up though not being mobile has a negative effect. When I tore my Achilles I could hardly walk, after months healing up I lost strength in my legs and trying to walk around for a few hours was a shock to the system. Doing little tasks without taxing yourself is very wise.

thats what im doing- got a heating pad but moving forward a few inches just to put it behind me hurt

Heating pad is that what the doctor recommended, what pain killers were you prescribed?

Ibuprofen at 800mg and Tramadol- though I was told to be careful with the latter. I'm following instructions carefully. Today I've been able to move around a bit better, but I still get that intense shooting pain in the right side of my back. Might be a muscle spasm. It's very difficult to get up when I'm sitting, especially getting out of bed, Today was marginally better and not nearly as intense. I have to carefully plan little tasks like popping a Blu ray into the player as it's out of reach. Can't particularly bend. If I drop something on the floor, it stays.

Tramadol does not agree with me at all though its effective, its difficult as you need to rest up though not being mobile has a negative effect. When I tore my Achilles I could hardly walk, after months healing up I lost strength in my legs and trying to walk around for a few hours was a shock to the system. Doing little tasks without taxing yourself is very wise.

Actually going t work tonight so we'll see how that goes. Going to take it very easy. Gradually feeling better though and have been able to do tasks around my apartment. he other day I couldn't even move enough to pop a Blu ray in the player.

Your wife @barryt007 ?

She matches your drinking habits then? I see a rosé, eh, rosy future for you two ;-)

Hahaha indeed ..hic !!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Actually going t work tonight so we'll see how that goes. Going to take it very easy. Gradually feeling better though and have been able to do tasks around my apartment. he other day I couldn't even move enough to pop a Blu ray in the player.

That's encouraging hope it goes well, may sure you are on light duty
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Just need to let off a little steam... some of you will get this.

giphy.gif
    I've got a nasty cold and my son has one too. Last week he had a fever and the week before nausea. I'm getting fed up of sickness.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I've got a nasty cold and my son has one too. Last week he had a fever and the week before nausea. I'm getting fed up of sickness.

I'm sure you are. It sucks.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why are stalkers so badmouthed?
    f0uxlurl1ej2ugefl8l5_400x400.jpeg
    Just spent an hour trying to place a loose Macbook key back to it's original position. Why must technology be so difficult!
    Just spent an hour trying to place a loose Macbook key back to it's original position. Why must technology be so difficult!

Gd jb. I have a similar prblem, yu see.
    I don t have an apostrophe key, and yet the wording on my keyboard is in English. How can that be? It is a Dell.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,497
    MAD COZ Da press conferenz for teh Bond 25. MOVIE POSTPONED UNTIL DECEMBER 2021. YYYY?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I found hair on my pizza. The offending follicles were discovered on two separate slices. Plus, my Pepsi was half flat. Non appétit.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,241
    mattjoes wrote: »

Haha!
    Those little plastic bits holding the key in it's place were hell to work with. I'm just glad I didn't break them!

Edit: finding replacement parts could have been difficult too, come to think of it.
    I don t have an apostrophe key, and yet the wording on my keyboard is in English. How can that be? It is a Dell.

What about Æ,Ø and Å?
    Without getting in too many details, I kinda had a rubbish weekend.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,665
    I get ya. Really, really do.

That being said. Why oh why are people getting dumber? People who were born in the seventies knew what a steamer or an astrolabe were. People who were born post 2000s don't even know what a dial telephone is, or a freakin' radio, for pete sake. And I can't have an argument with people who find all opinions are valuable. It's simply ridiculous and pejorative to intelligent knowable people. And what about workaholics? Damn, I hate those. Nowadays, I confess, I hate so many things, most of them are people :)

There, said my bit.
    Univex wrote: »
    I get ya. Really, really do.

That being said. Why oh why are people getting dumber? People who were born in the seventies knew what a steamer or an astrolabe were. People who were born post 2000s don't even know what a dial telephone is, or a freakin' radio, for pete sake. And I can't have an argument with people who find all opinions are valuable. It's simply ridiculous and pejorative to intelligent knowable people. And what about workaholics? Damn, I hate those. Nowadays, I confess, I hate so many things, most of them are people :)

There, said my bit.

People, right! They're the worst (sometimes).

Happens to all of us. Hopefully next week will be a better one! :-)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Why is it still so cold here? :-(

Thanks guys. It's just kind of sad, if not downright tragic, when you can't wait for Saturday and Sunday to be over.

Haha!
    Those little plastic bits holding the key in it's place were hell to work with. I'm just glad I didn't break them!

Edit: finding replacement parts could have been difficult too, come to think of it.

What about Æ,Ø and Å?

Yæs, I håve thøse.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Thanks guys. It's just kind of sad, if not downright tragic, when you can't wait for Saturday and Sunday to be over.

Hope whatever made your weekend feel rubbish won't affect you this week :-)
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Why is it still so cold here? :-(

Cold weather?

Haha!

What about Æ,Ø and Å?

Yæs, I håve thøse.

That's good! :))
    Coughers who put a clenched fist in front of their face, as if that should be any helpful.
    Coughers who put a clenched fist in front of their face, as if that should be any helpful.

Yes, doesn't cover much, does it.

At least it germinates their hand before they touch everything with it.

At least it germinates their hand before they touch everything with it.

Haha, true!
    Okay, this is going to be long, so fasten your seatbelt. This sunday, I'm going to Cardiff to see Katherine Jenkins in concert, and visit what I didn't the first time I was there (in 2015). So I thought that it would be a simple affair : take the bus to the sation in Saint Quentin en Yvelines, take the train to the Gare Montparnasse in Paris, take the subway, line 4, to Gare du Nord, and then pass the customs and wait for my train to London. Really simple, right ?

Well, no. This morning, while checking my travel route, I discovered that there would be no service on the line 4 this sunday morning. So I had to change my plans. Problem, it's the choice between one route which takes me to the Gare du Nord a bit too close for comfort (arrival there at 9.11 for an Eurostar that leaves at 10.06), or another which I have to take at 7.29. Trouble is, with this last route, I'll have first to take a bus that leaves my town at 6.34. Which means I'll have to wake up at 5.00 am. But I suppose that's what I'll have to do in order to see the Welsh Nightingale. The things we do for Katherine (and Wales).
    Gerard wrote: »
    Okay, this is going to be long, so fasten your seatbelt. This sunday, I'm going to Cardiff to see Katherine Jenkins in concert, and visit what I didn't the first time I was there (in 2015). So I thought that it would be a simple affair : take the bus to the sation in Saint Quentin en Yvelines, take the train to the Gare Montparnasse in Paris, take the subway, line 4, to Gare du Nord, and then pass the customs and wait for my train to London. Really simple, right ?

Well, no. This morning, while checking my travel route, I discovered that there would be no service on the line 4 this sunday morning. So I had to change my plans. Problem, it's the choice between one route which takes me to the Gare du Nord a bit too close for comfort (arrival there at 9.11 for an Eurostar that leaves at 10.06), or another which I have to take at 7.29. Trouble is, with this last route, I'll have first to take a bus that leaves my town at 6.34. Which means I'll have to wake up at 5.00 am. But I suppose that's what I'll have to do in order to see the Welsh Nightingale. The things we do for Katherine (and Wales).

Travel arrangements can be a nightmare. Sometimes as much of a nightmare that it affects the enjoyment of the trip. I hope the concert will be worth all the trouble! :-)
    It was. And everything went on without a hitch. Well, hardly a hitch : I made the portal ring on the trip back home. Probably my belt.

Now, guess what : someone tried to blackmail me yesterday, asking me to send him some 500 BitCoins or he would send incriminating pictures of me to everyone I know. Apparently, he had hacked into my webcam. Except that... I have no webcam, which a real hacker would have found out. How stupid can he be, right ? Apparently, it's the latest craze in mail scamming nowadays. Frankly, I didn't fall for the Nigerian Prince, I won't fall for that one.