The Gadgetry of Bond 25 ( What gadgets could we expect for Daniel's final mission?

2»

Comments

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Wish it would follow CR and QoS example and dispense with the bloody things.

Unfortunately with the annoying Ben Whishaw back on board that's not going to happen.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 12,837
    I think there either won't be any gadgets (with Q just being there for tech support) or they'll be very minimal. Some hacking app on his phone or watch or something like that. Definitely don't think we'll get another gadget filled car or even something like the exploding watch again, I feel like after SP they're going to go a bit more grounded again, dial things back.

I'd like a couple of gadgets along the lines of the watch or pen grenade or the laser watch, but personally I'm happy if we don't get another gadget filled car for a few films. I like the Brosnan era but looking back, him getting a new one every film was excessive. And I think part of what made the DB10 so exciting, along with it being made just for the film, was that we hadn't seen Bond in a spy car for over a decade. So I'd be fine if they don't give him a gadget filled car or even a new car at all for a good few films. One of those per era sounds about right.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Looks like Craig's holding a phone here:

Whether it features a gadget or not doesn't bother me, but I'll make a friendly wager with you that his phone and/or other electronics are Samsung branded.
    QBranch wrote: »

Whether it features a gadget or not doesn't bother me, but I'll make a friendly wager with you that his phone and/or other electronics are Samsung branded.

Why? Not that I'm that into cellphones, but I am curious as to why do you think they'll be Samsung.
    Univex wrote: »

Why? Not that I'm that into cellphones, but I am curious as to why do you think they'll be Samsung.
    I have nothing to base this on other than Moneypenny's gift phone in SP was a Samsung, with the logo covered over with a sticker. I've had a theory for a while that, what with the Sony fiasco, they included a non-Sony phone there either as a middle finger to Sony, or a hint of what's to come. Otherwise, why not just give MP a Sony phone like all the other MI6 crew had?
    Univex wrote: »

I have nothing to base this on other than Moneypenny's gift phone in SP was a Samsung, with the logo covered over with a sticker. I've had a theory for a while that, what with the Sony fiasco, they included a non-Sony phone there either as a middle finger to Sony, or a hint of what's to come. Otherwise, why not just give MP a Sony phone like all the other MI6 crew had?

Gotcha. Although if they did cover up the name, it means they didn't have the licence and so they could have chosen any model on the market. Maybe it was a generic choice. I don't know. But hey, good reasoning nonetheless.
    That's true, but in that case Bond could have given MP a cheaper, non-smart phone by Sony.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,665
    That's true, but in that case Bond could have given MP a cheaper, non-smart phone by Sony.

True, true. Like I said, good reasoning there. And hey, you should know, you're the @QBranch ;)

eheh, nice. I had the QOS one 11 years ago. Made me feel like I had a spy minox cam.
    The C902 was a very nice looking phone, and its 'optional extras' in the film were the kind of realistic, cutting-edge surveillance gadgetry I'd like to see more of.

So excited to see what goodies the film brings us. I mentioned in the gun thread, that hopefully we get an entirely custom-made gun (think LALD shark gun) or other unique gizmo that you can't buy off the shelf. Something for us prop makers to have fun with.
    A proper Aston Martin instead of the Rapide S, unless Madeleine survives and Felix needs to ride in the back for the entire movie.
    So excited to see what goodies the film brings us. I mentioned in the gun thread, that hopefully we get an entirely custom-made gun (think LALD shark gun) or other unique gizmo that you can't buy off the shelf. Something for us prop makers to have fun with.
    We will be getting exactly what I hoped for in the form of Nomi's gadget gun. Notice that when firing it, she does not blink. "We're pros, Mr Bond."
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1,081
    Hoping that the gadgetry will be minimal and the focus will be on good story telling. I like Bond to use his intellect and quick-thinking to escape situations (ah la On Her Majesty's Secret Service) rather then push a button and be instantly relieved of any threat or danger, something that plagued the Brosnan era. If there are gadgets, I'd hope that they are on the side of realistic, such as a breathing device like in Thunderball or a briefcase such as that in From Russia With Love. I know we've already caught a glimpse of the newly equipped DB5 which will no doubt be an entertaining scene, but I would hope that we don't see this kind of expose throughout the film.
    This time, I hope the watch gadget is a mechanical tool that was made by the prop team, and not a cheap CGI effect like the one from SP.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Not really the right thread probably(!), but this is a bit Bond, isn't it? :D