Game of Thrones (2011 - 19)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, some of the major deaths in this series haven't come from these massive battles. The only one I can really think of is Ygritte, and I wouldn't consider her a 'major character'. There may be an obvious one I am missing. They have set up characters to go beyond the Battle of Winterfell so I'm not too upset about last night's episode.
    Off the top of my head, Stannis Baratheon and Ramsay Bolton both died as a result of the big battles they engaged in.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, some of the major deaths in this series haven't come from these massive battles. The only one I can really think of is Ygritte, and I wouldn't consider her a 'major character'. There may be an obvious one I am missing. They have set up characters to go beyond the Battle of Winterfell so I'm not too upset about last night's episode.
    Off the top of my head, Stannis Baratheon and Ramsay Bolton both died as a result of the big battles they engaged in.
    I forgot about Stannis. I didn't include Ramsay cause he was eaten by the dogs and not a result of the battle.

I forgot about Stannis. I didn't include Ramsay cause he was eaten by the dogs and not a result of the battle.

That's a good point, it's almost why I omitted him but figured it was still a direct result of the battle, to a degree.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2019 Posts: 23,102
    I was on the edge of my seat for parts though the episode then lost me when it progressively became more implausible even for fantasy genre. The tactics employed by the good guys were stupid. There is way too much fan service and plot armour in the show now.

The first four seasons are the best for me.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Maisie Williams ?

Thank God she did,they were all being slaughtered due to sheer amount of numbers,and their own soldiers rising from the dead.

Winterfell was also getting raised to the ground.
    I sat in silence as the credits rolled in this episode. This episode really got to me despite it's flaws, and that highlights what a great job they have done at developing these characters.
    All of the deaths impacted me despite not being major characters. Jorah in particular got me. Lyanna Mormont is probably one of my favourite characters recently and I'm glad she went out like a boss
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 19,339
    I sat in silence as the credits rolled in this episode. This episode really got to me despite it's flaws, and that highlights what a great job they have done at developing these characters.
    All of the deaths impacted me despite not being major characters. Jorah in particular got me. Lyanna Mormont is probably one of my favourite characters recently and I'm glad she went out like a boss
    The way the undead giant was destroyed was a brilliant scene.

BTW,does anyone know if :
    Both Dragons survived or just the one ?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,541
    I loved everything about this episode except five things:
    1)Why did Ser Jorah stupidly lead an attack when they could have at least waited for them to come and properly surround then with three armies like Ramsey did in battle of basterds. It's not a seige when you laid them out in the open to get slaughtered.

2) Apart from Night king none of the other wights actually fight they were just standing there like Idiot for no possible reason .

3) Catapult: you don't put catapult like that ,you try to put them one-third distance in front of the lead forces. When you have resources like dragons, you can keep it burning all night and army can get support to stop them while dragons keep burning as much dead people as they could.

4)when they heard that night king has her dragon shouldn't they plan something for dead dragon but their wasn't much time so I can understand that.

5) Why didn't they put some dragonglass outside near trenches or on the walls of winterfell so if dead tries to cross over they die and put a few guards in the crypt to help like in battle of blackwater cersei at least had illem Payne or whatever his name was.
    Overall great episode but should have least plot holes.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 40,368
    @barryt007,
    Both of Dany's dragons did survive, yes.

@barryt007,

Aaah good,thanks @Creasy47 !!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    @barryt007,

Aaah good,thanks @Creasy47 !!

You're welcome! Definitely tough to catch if one of them did make it, especially in the heat of the moment of all that insanity.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Ghost survived as well! He's in the Ep. 4 promo released by HBO.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,541
    matt_u wrote: »
    Ghost survived as well! He's in the Ep. 4 promo released by HBO.
    Jon seems to have forgotten ghost now that he has dragon :(
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2019 Posts: 23,102

I never knew this, brave lady
    Can't help posting this :

Ceresi will kill Arya before her demise and Sansa will take the iron throne in the end.

That’s my prediction.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Ceresi will kill Arya before her demise and Sansa will take the iron throne in the end.

That’s my prediction.

And the Targaryens?

That’s my prediction.

And the Targaryens?

Haven't figured that one out yet.

That’s my prediction.

And the Targaryens?

Haven't figured that one out yet.

Maybe they try to make love while fliyng a dragon and they fall to death?
    My god, loved it every single scene of it. Finally I am seeing what this show used to capable of delivering. Episode 4 kept me on the edge of seat on my nerves. Glad to see Tyrion/ Varys in form again . Ending scene broke my heart :(
    Me too! My favourite episode so far this season. Everything with Tyrion had me fully engaged. Can't wait for next week as they seem to be building up to that episode.
    Cersai needs her beautiful arse kicked.
    Fantastic episode yet again !!
    I think Jamie will be the one to finish her.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Cersai needs her beautiful arse kicked.
    Fantastic episode yet again !!
    I think Jamie will be the one to finish her.

Yes but there is a slight twist in it, he will but he won't ;)
    S8 ep4... It took a while to get going though improved as it progressed, the first twenty minutes I was thinking too much about last week's debacle. There was some great scenery chewing from two of the female leads in the last part of the episode. Its probably the best episode of season 8 so far.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 1,395
    I also agree that this episode was a continued return to form for the series. Really feeling the classic GOT political scheming scenes. Only 2 to go!
    I wonder will we get some flashback scenes like last 3-4 season?
    I want to see Jaime and mad king conversation before he died.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Alas, I have read some credible leaks and know the ending already. Most likely, that is.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Alas, I have read some credible leaks and know the ending already. Most likely, that is.

I don't want to know anything now except one , does it involve any flashback?
    No-one a bit disappointed this week?There are a lot of bad reviews on IMDB. this episode has the lowest ranking of all GOT episodes. And I can see why. The action scene and the last 10 minutes aren't logical at all. That's really a bit annoying. But I liked most of the other scenes.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 2,541
    No-one a bit disappointed this week?There are a lot of bad reviews on IMDB. this episode has the lowest ranking of all GOT episodes. And I can see why. The action scene and the last 10 minutes aren't logical at all. That's really a bit annoying. But I liked most of the other scenes.

If you follow reviews before watching it you won't be able to enjoy it and most reviews are bad not the episode. Reviews seems pretty illogical to me. Most of them will say they are bad but none or most of them won't point out what exactly they didn't like and why , they could have done this or that.