SirHenryLeeChaChing's For Original Fans - Favorite Moments In NTTD (spoilers)

Comments

And you are welcome here to this spoiler free thread any time, @Torgeirtrap . It is a special place for older Bond fans (the "Originals") but we welcome all thoughtful contributors.

Thanks, @4EverBonded! It's an interesting thread just to read, but I'll make sure to contribute if I have something to add. :-)
    I was confronted by a spoiler today, as the site (James Bond the Netherlands) opeed up with this plot detail in the first line..... I couldn't help reading it, my eyes were faster than my brain. Thanks a lot guys :-(

Why would they give away parts of the story already anyway? I just don't get that. Are they afraid of hackers so much they just open up the doors?

Anyway, it'll be very difficult from no on, that's for sure.
    I had the same misfortune reading the announcement here on this site. I glanced the first line of the plot and immediately scrolled back up. Not thrilled to read that part, but will probably see it anyway once the teaser trailer hits anyway.

But I'm also not sure why the Mi6 staff didn't put a spoiler warning on the announcement itself. It merely says confirmation of details in Jamaica and photo shoot on the main page.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Also not much ACTUAL confirmed plot given during the reveal, which I have watched twice.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am happy with the details given yesterday, as soon as I have learned what the title is ill avoid any additional information.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 12,459
    If you all would like, I can add the title here once it is announced and put it in spoiler tag. That way you have a confirmed thread to go to to learn the title, but won't have to watch any news announcement about it (because other information might be given, more than the title). Just let me know. If most do not even want the title here, I'll abide by that.
    Yeah, of course, @Birdleson. And I think unavoidable anyway surely even months away from its premier.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The title for Bond 25 will be plastered across the media when revealed it will be impossible to avoid it, guaranteed it will be on thread titles on this site for sure.
  • Not to give anything away but....I'm happy to learn of one returning cast member.
    Yes, it is impossible not to know the title once it is revealed, I think. Unless literally moving into a cave somewhere and receiving no communication.

Well, we won't discuss cast on here at this point. Later on, I will check and see if people want anything further at all on this thread re the cast for Bond 25. I do know the cast as announced now and, along with @BeatlesSansEarmuffs, I am very happy about one. But that's all, folks ... no dropping hints here as to who it is (tempting, but let's not).

So I think it's time to change our main topic discussion, although ongoing we can continue to talk about what we are doing to prepare for Bond 25 (films, books, needlepoint, buying Omega watches, drinking Taittinger, etc.). B-)

Suggestions? What would you like to discuss here over the next week?

Birdleson wrote: »
    I still don’t understand not wanting to know the title. At some point before entering the theatre you have to know.

Has anybody (apart from me) even suggested that in these boards?

(Not that I don't expect to know the title, just not at the moment.)
    Eon not revealing the title was a smart move, it will keep people speculating and the recent cast news etc is a good enough carrot to fuel further speculation.
    Yeah, I don't mind having the title still unknown. It gives us one more tantalizing thing to learn. That's fine.

We will still be getting news on: composer, theme song & artist, title ... I think that's it. And all except the title probably not given by name or discussed on here. This thread will stay as spoiler free as members wish. I think the title is the least controversial reveal, though.

So I am leaving it up to members here whether to reveal the title when that happens (weeks, months, whenever). I think the consensus will be it is okay, but that is not decided as of today.

With title not yet revealed, I don't sense it will be soon. By the way, I'd set up a poll here to let members vote whether to reveal the title, but I have no idea how to set up a poll. @Creasy47? @Birdleson? Can you help me put a poll here? Thanks. Not urgent.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've no clue how to set up polls (from what I can see, anyway). It seems all of us are fine with having the title unveiled at the appropriate time - if not, I'd say you'll want to avoid the forums, and the Internet as a whole, as there's simply no way to ensure you dodge the title otherwise.
    I assume we will talk about the title here. Perhaps not much else. :)
    We may have a bit of a wait for the title.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,564
    Let's talk about why Eon HASN'T announced the title yet. One thing the Bond producers have been very astute about doing over the years is addressing problems with film #X in developing film #X+1. That's why the way over-the-top sci-fi of Moonraker was followed by the totally grounded For Your Eyes Only. It seems to me that one of the many problems with Spectre was that the title (followed with the knowledge that our main villain's "name" was Oberhauser) gave away too much of the film's plot. All the fan base had to do was speculate just a tiny bit and that film was already ruined by spectre-acular spoilers. If EON were to announce, for example, that the upcoming film's title is "All the Time In The World" ....BOOM. Here we go again, and let's not. They'll have to announce the title at some point...and it'd be nice if some Fleming phrase like "Undertaker's Wind" were to serve as our inspiration...but please folks, let's not be too obvious this time around, okay?
    Yeah, I read that some folks think the title was not announced because it gives away something about the plot, something about this film. I don't buy that, not really. Could be, but I just doubt it at this point.

Members on here have mentioned (like over a year ago, longstanding I think) that it will be based on OHMSS. I don't particularly care either way ... I just want a very good script told beautifully on the screen, and I am still trusting Cary for that as he is a good storyteller and director.

I do like "Undertaker's Wind" very much for the title, though, @BeatlesSansEarmuffs . It could be taken several different ways and just has a nice atmospheric tone to it, especially for Craig's last Bond film.
    "Undertaker's Wind"

Sorry is this some kind of joke? It sounds like a professional ailment - perhaps related to inhaling too much formaldehyde.

Yeah I love it as a title, definitely got that Fleming in. Begs lots of questions, including who is the undertaker? That could even refer to Bond. I don't think it will be the title, but I'd like it to be. I think it's fitting for the end of a Bond actor's era.
    I got shot down the last time I suggested it, but I like Revolver of Resignation as a title, particularly for an actor's final installment (it's from a sentence in Fleming's CR).
    Oh I don't remember that phrase. It's okay, but doesn't give me the vibe the other one does (but I am not shooting you down!). B-)
    Oh no, I definitely prefer Undertaker's Wind as well, especially with a return to Jamaica.
    If they go with some quote of any kind from OHMSS it would definitely cause everybody who knows the film or the novel to speculate wildly that it then MUST mean it will be a total remake of that film. Which I don't believe it would be. Same for YOLT. I just don't think that would be smart by EON. And I believe Cary can tell a fresher story for Bond well.

A title with a flavor or hint of Fleming would be great. And I expect it to reference an ending or a finish or accomplished journey, something like that. Poetical is fine with me if not too weird or obscure.

@Birdleson, I don't take it as self-reverential (or referential, checking your actual word now ...) if done subtly enough, not tacky. We know there will be more Bond films. But this Bond's era is closing.

I was not happy about the title Spectre but took it as an obvious slap in our face, so just moved on. We figured Blofeld would be in it due to EON getting the rights back not long ago. Quantum of Solace, though Fleming, is still bland and too obscure for me to really like it as a title.
    Really? :) I just thought so obvious and not exciting.

Anyway, I am curious as to when Bond 25's title will be released. Soon? Only a few months before? Well, it absolutely has to be ready to go with promos tagged onto other films. What timeline does that mean? Other films will open and promote it before that film starts. Any idea what timeline that imposes? 6 months out, or more? Hmmm. I'd like @ColonelSun to give us an idea regarding that. I am sure he can; just hoping he has a moment to pop in here.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Personally, I'd prefer Valley of Shadows rather than Undertaker's Wind.
    Yes, there are quite a few possibilities, @Remington.

Now I am mostly curious as to when they actually must have a title attached to it.
    How about something with "die" in the title?
  • "Too Fast to Live, Too Young to Die." Oh sorry, that was Dean, James Dean.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'd love to know the title, if it's any good. That's the problem. SP dissapointed in that department greatly, and Die Another Day, allthough I like the way it was said in the film, was just as bad.
    So, looking foreward to that reveal, and then the first cinematic trailers, hoping they won't spoil too much. I just want the experience as it was before the internet. But with all those pictures taken and put online from the filming, it's no fun anymore. That's what I'm trying to avoid.
    So how about 'Die, die, die my darling'. We'd have a riveting title track too..
    I will watch the first trailer and hope it is not loaded with any crucial spoiler.
    I don't know those lyrics, @CommanderRoss, offhand. What are them from?