No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

The title “Bond 25” had an expiration date: 25 April 2019. So I’m refusing to call this film “Bond 25” from now on.

From now on until the announcement of the official title it’s “Untitled Cary Fukunaga Event Film”.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    An element that I want to see is how Bond and Leiter's friendship developed since QoS. There's been a substantial amount of time since Bond and Leiter were in a Bolivian bar and I think there should be a genuine friendship between the two. I'd like to think in the time since QoS, Bond and Leiter have crossed paths many times and have had the chance to catch up and have some drinks when they have down time. Perhaps when Felix finds his way to Jamaica and Bond's new residence, Bond would greet him with a smile and introduce Madeleine, mentioning that Felix is an old drinking buddy.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    RC7 wrote: »
    Wild theory: the finale will see a reverse of OHMSS. Bond and Madeleine will marry, but Bond will die in her arms.

Setting up the stage for a spin off movie (or movie series) with Swann becoming a 00 and avenging Bond.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,241
    The title “Bond 25” had an expiration date: 25 April 2019. So I’m refusing to call this film “Bond 25” from now on.

From now on until the announcement of the official title it’s “Untitled Cary Fukunaga Event Film”.

What about Fukunaga's Incredibly Looking Movie – or it's abbreviation, FILM?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The bright colors alone of Jamaica make me more optimistic about this film.
    This is going to be a vibrant, stylish, exciting movie.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    edited April 2019 Posts: 732
    An interview (german) with Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson:

https://m.spiegel.de/kultur/kino/bond-25-produzenten-von-james-bond-wollen-keine-frau-in-der-hauptrolle-a-1264421.html

They confirm Bond will be at Goldeneye at the film‘s beginning and Pheobe worked on Storylines and overall humour of the script. Also they denied any spin-off ideas.
    talos7 wrote: »

I agree. We need that after the often-dull look of SP.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

I agree. We need that after the often-dull look of SP.
    Agreed. Here’s hoping it’s a bit more fun. Certainly looks like it from the cast videos on Twitter
  • Anyone have an idea what B25 news we have for tomorrow? Or is it going to be more exclusive interviews with cast.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,619
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    An interview (german) with Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson:

https://m.spiegel.de/kultur/kino/bond-25-produzenten-von-james-bond-wollen-keine-frau-in-der-hauptrolle-a-1264421.html

They confirm Bond will be at Goldeneye at the film‘s beginning and Pheobe worked on Storylines and overall humour of the script. Also they denied any spin-off ideas.
    Also, Barbara confirms that Malek's character has a connection to another character (not Bond). Could it be Swann?

Also: NO spin-offs currently planned.
    Sky Cinema are currently screening their Bond 25 special with Alex Zane presenting.
    Malek confirmed that this will be Craig's last Bond film. Why were they not talking about this very important point at the event??

On a different note, MI6-HQ is continuing to be snarky. From the launch article: "Less than 12,000 viewers watched the YouTube reveal live."

They used to have a good relationship with EON. What happened? @JamesPage ???
  • everything_bondeverything_bond Station C
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4
    I don’t quite understand the ecstasy some are feeling over Jeffrey Wright’s return. He’s a fine actor and I’m on board with him being back. That said, he’s just a secondary character who doesn’t exactly do a heck of a lot (did he do much in CR or QOS? Nope) so I don’t quite understand the extreme enthusiasm for him. It’s not like we’re talking about the main villain. It’s just Felix. He’s not even the best Felix in the series. That will always be Jack Lord and David Hedison.

Lol, watch CR and QOS again. Jeffery Wright's Felix Leiter in those two films beats Lord's and Hedison's renditions by miles. He practically saves Bond's ass twice. First by providing him with some funds to beat Le Chiffre and secondly by tipping him off about a CIA capture or kill contract in Bolivia. He really is a "Brother from Langley"

I got nothing against Jack Lord or David Hedison. Both are great actors and I have a soft spot for Hedison but Jack Lord's Felix could have been any CIA agent in Jamaica and Hedison had chemistry with Moore but he seemed more like a good uncle to Dalton.

My opinion tho :)
    Malek confirmed that this will be Craig's last Bond film. Why were they not talking about this very important point at the event??

I would think that they wanted to focus on the beginning of this film and not the end of Craig’s tenure.
    Also, maybe Barbara hopes that it isn’t his last.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,416
    Becay

On a different note, MI6-HQ is continuing to be snarky. From the launch article: "Less than 12,000 viewers watched the YouTube reveal live."

Cause it may not be his last hahahah!
    Craig himself confirming on the Sky Cinema special that this will be his final outing as 007!
    Jeffery Wright will be the only actor that played Felix 3 times, and during the period of one Bond actor. Daniel will be the only Bond actor to have the same Felix actor in all his movies!
    So London isn’t a location. Just Jamaica , Norway and Italy. No Greece?
    TR007 wrote: »
    Craig himself confirming on the Sky Cinema special that this will be his final outing as 007!
    The fact that this is Craig's final 007 movie should already be front and centre of the film's marketing campaign.
    The fact that this is Craig's final 007 movie should already be front and centre of the film's marketing campaign.
    Agreed, but Craig says in the same interview that he doesn’t want to think about leaving as it’s all in the future. Right now he just wants to focus on the shoot that starts on Sunday.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Would love to see these interviews somehow.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Who knows.

I'm not sure what those figures mean, considering there were live TV options or, for those in the U.S. not wishing to watch that early, options to watch later. The reveal now has 125k views on YT.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Would love to see these interviews somehow.

Me too!
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan

Did you capture it on video? If not how did Craig answer it?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 13,879
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    So London isn’t a location. Just Jamaica , Norway and Italy. No Greece?
    The 007 production will be based at Pinewood Studios in the UK, and on location in London, Italy, Jamaica and Norway.

https://www.007.com/bond-25-start-of-production/
    edited April 2019 Posts: 7,889
    Barbara watched Cubby do the dance with Rog many times. I think she holds out hope and minimizes any talk about it being Craig’s last, particularly if this is a smash .
    Oh, I nearly forgot: the fact that Michael G Wilson said "I can't remember the last time we had a title when we announced the beginning of a film." 100% proves that he has to retire ASAP.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Btw, that's a wrap for the front page timeline now that the film's been announced. Hope you guys enjoyed the updates over the last couple years. It makes for quite an interesting read.
    You can't possibly be serious! This is where the fun beginz and you are stopping now??

Did you capture it on video? If not how did Craig answer it?
    Sorry, I didn’t. Leave it with me and I’ll see what I can do!

I mean, 12,000 people is pretty good for something that was very early in the morning for a large segment of it. Don't know if I was ever more excited to get up at 7am. And for the other segment, it was in the middle of a work/school day I imagine.

Wright's return had me the most excited. And I LOVE how he's involved in the plot. LTK is one of my favorite films so that may explain that.

Not having a title didn't bother me but MGW saying how they have never revealed a title during the start of filming had me worried about him a bit as they haven't started filming without a title since DAD (and maybe for about a week on QOS). Reminded me of an older relative saying something you know isn't true and just going with it because you just have so much respect for them. Oh well

I'm incredibly excited about the cast. Was expecting a Waltz return and I still think it happens but I'm a huge Rami fan and his video and interview on GMA was great. Can't wait to see and find out more!