No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Craig looks like he wants to be anywhere, but there.

Where is the enthusiasm Moore and Brosnan had?

It's time for a new 007!

Boring.
    TR007 wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Doesn't the clapperborad (scene 15 K) suggest that the PTS plays out in Norway? Fukanaga may have started his synopsis where the real film sets in. This suggests that Bond is not in the PTS.
    (By the way, where did the spoiler tags go?)
    Fifteen scenes into the movie would surely be post PTS and somewhere early on within the first act.
    Like I wrote: It's a fact that scene 15 in both SF and SP was in the PTS.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Doesn't the clapperborad (scene 15 K) suggest that the PTS plays out in Norway? Fukanaga may have started his synopsis where the real film sets in. This suggests that Bond is not in the PTS.
    Fifteen scenes into the movie would surely be post PTS and somewhere early on within the first act.

Shot 15, yes.
    Scene 15, no.
    @Lizo can you ask Lashanna Lynch if she is possibly playing the new 007......

She fits the brief of the 'young protege' character that has been rumoured.

I've not seen her in anything - but she seems charming. She looks as though she could steal the film.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Being asked for the billionth time what your favorite gadget is, must be super exciting. I imagine Craig would MUCH rather start Shooting than awnsering stupid questions to the press that does nothing but misrepresent him any chance they get.

He must be bored out of his mind with the wait till Sunday and it shows, just wait till the man gets going.

That event was very low key but everyone looked their best and Jamaica is beautiful. I bet they just want to start already.

Anyway, i got what i wanted, and will leave this thread for good now.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 26
    A few guesses about the direction of the movie, based on what’s been said so far.
    1. PTS - posited as a thrilling car chase, but turns out to be Bond late for his wedding.
    2. Plot synopsis sounds reminiscent of MI3 - a straightforward rescue mission goes all to hell, with the retribution being Bond’s house, wife Etc.
    3. After that, what is left? The old job. The brave choice would be NOT to retread a revenge for lost love idea, but set up a story of two halves, where Bond comes back and gets on with a world-saving task.
    4. Why no title yet? Because the final choice will signal what happens in the second half, I reckon.
    5. In case it’s just that they cannot agree on a title. Just saw a reminder for a good title: “All The Time In The World”. Even better than “Eclipse”, “Shatterhand”, etc. Etc. ?
    6. Has anyone watched the actual 007 film, “Eclipse” on YouTube? ( Likely where the Daily Express rumour actually originates. )
    If Bond is in Jamaica at the start of the film. What is the pts going to look like.
    I notice how you left out Connery, Dalton and Lazenby, @Visitor1982, from your enthusiasm classes. Craig was doing what Craig does in almost every interview, keeping it self-contained. That's fine. We should know what to expect from him by now.

You'll get your new 007 with Bond 26.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,160

Shot 15, yes.
    Scene 15, no.

Okay. If you say so.

EDIT: Just double-checked. Scene 15 in SP is Bond "passing between secretaries" at MI6, right after the main titles.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,164

I've not seen her in anything - but she seems charming. She looks as though she could steal the film.
    If you have the chance, catch Captain Marvel, she's very good in that and was widely considered the cast's MVP. I assume Cary cast her off the back of that film.
    Lashana Lynch was good in Captain Marvel.

She also looks convincingly tough. Hope we get to see her kick some ass.

Shot 15, yes.
    Scene 15, no.

Okay. If you say so.

EDIT: Just double-checked. Scene 15 in SP is Bond "passing between secretaries" at MI6, right after the main titles.
    Thanks for checking and sorry if I came across as blunt. Currently in work and trying to contribute to the excitement here incognito (Im a film lecturer - students get confused all the time between scenes and shots).

• Great cast photos! Too bad about Craig's choice of shoes. :))
  • When Cary is introducing the returning actors he uses the word "officially" returning. So does this mean that some other actors will be be returning but he can't "officially" mention them ?
  • Absolute joke of a press conference.

- Outside.
    - Terrible audio.
    - No title.
    - Boring questions with even more boring answers. Actors looked flatter than a pancake, especially Craig.
    - Fan-made trailer.
    - Construction video of a set that was lame.
    - Wow. So disappointed on so many levels. I can't believe I got excited over this.

The best part of this press conference was that Jeffery Wright was back and that Ana de Armas was cast. Also, Rami's video was great; he's the only person that gave a damn today. Shame I couldn't say that to the rest of the cast.

"Here we are to answer some questions!" "Okay. But actually we can't".
    Alright-y then.

It wasn't a press conference. There was no press. It was an Eon presentation that was live streamed.

Shot 15, yes.
    Scene 15, no.

The UK clapperboard system is Shot number and then the Take number, i.e.. 15 - 1 which would match what u are saying, but the US system is the Scene Number (plus A, B, C, etc.) and then the Take number - like Sc 15a - 1. But many UK films now adopt the US system, and Bond has done so, I think, if I recall correctly, from QOS onwards. So the Norway sequence could likely be Sc 15 not shot 15. If so, it seems likely to be after the titles and not before.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,756
    bondsum wrote: »
    I notice how you left out Connery, Dalton and Lazenby, @Visitor1982, from your enthusiasm classes. Craig was doing what Craig does in almost every interview, keeping it self-contained. That's fine. We should know what to expect from him by now.

You'll get your new 007 with Bond 26.

Can't wait. Craig has vastly overstayed his welcome.
    Craig seems so out of it. He meant it when he said after spectre he would only do this film for the money.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Rami Malek's full interview from GMA:

ColonelSun wrote: »

Shot 15, yes.
    Scene 15, no.

The UK clapperboard system is Shot number and then the Take number, i.e.. 15 - 1 which would match what u are saying, but the US system is the Scene Number (plus A, B, C, etc.) and then the Take number - like Sc 15a - 1. But many UK films now adopt the US system, and Bond has done so, I think, if I recall correctly, from QOS onwards. So the Norway sequence could likely be Sc 15 not shot 15. If so, it seems likely to be after the titles and not before.
    This would make sense. I argued earlier, that the Norway scene we know of (the masked man), would be like the clown-chase in OP, which was also right after the main titles, setting the new plot in motion.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Looking at Universal's release slate - it looks as though Eon are following the trend of releasing the title with the trailer, then we should look toward the end of July/beginning of August 2019 when Hobbs & Shaw comes out.

That means 3 months without a title.....

Also a new snap of the Bond ladies

qPVMkHB_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Malek has the most excitement out of anybody and he was all the way in New York. The way he pronounces mr Bond was good and amusing. He will be good and fun to watch i think
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Shot 15, yes.
    Scene 15, no.

Yes, I’m well aware of this. If you follow that thread of correspondence before that comment of mine you’ll see that I’m saying Norway is scene 15.

• TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Great cast and a wonderful location to start Bond 25 officialy. And Felix ist back! Fantastic news!
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Malek will be worth the price of admission alone. He will steal the show from everyone.
    Brief interview with Rory Kinnear:
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Looking at Universal's release slate - it looks as though Eon are following the trend of releasing the title with the trailer, then we should look toward the end of July/beginning of August 2019 when Hobbs & Shaw comes out.

That means 3 months without a title.....

Also a new snap of the Bond ladies

qPVMkHB_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Lashana is the only one I'm not sold on.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,493
    Daniel+Craig+Bond+25+Film+Launch+GoldenEye+hB66xBtFFBYl.jpg

Daniel+Craig+Bond+25+Film+Launch+GoldenEye+eKhqv1Ydt8ol.jpg

Daniel+Craig+Bond+25+Film+Launch+GoldenEye+c-WPFq1UYoRl.jpg
    Right. Initial thoughts on today.

- As an event the conference was a let down, but that being said I am super hyped about this movie and I adore the cast that the team have assembled for this movie.

- Ana strikes me as playing the girlfriend of Malek’s character.

- Malek’s contribution to the conference was amazing. I think he will prove to be a wonderful villain.

- Watching Naomi Harris (looking stunning) really makes me wish that Moneypenny will fill in for 007 on the field while he’s inactive.

- The actor videos from Fiennes, Kinnear and Wishshaw are a delight. It seems like they are going out of their way to prove that this film will be a lot lighter than previously thought. I mean how odd would it be if this film is a bleak, grim thriller following on from these short videos? I think it’s a way of distancing themselves from Boyle’s rumoured idea.

- Less than one year away and I’m incredibly giddy.

• QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    edited April 2019 Posts: 371
    Malek will be worth the price of admission alone. He will steal the show from everyone.

Malek will be spot on, but I have faith in my favorite Hollywood actor Ralph Fiennes.