No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited April 2019 Posts: 4,599
    Now we have got the undergraduate film studies version out of the way, can someone give me the date/time for the official Bond press event? thanks
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Malek on GMA said that this is
    Daniel's last Bond

So much information here to digest. Look at those writing credits! The big unanswered question for me is
    Will Waltz be back?
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Not sure Malek is the main villain... if recent tweets - all accurate! - are anything to go by. I think he's number one. And we all know who is above number one!
    Love that synopsis.

Love that cast.

Note Tildesley did indeed remain on as production designer.

Nothing on composer yet.

What a great day. Buzzing right now!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 642
    Going to Jamaica for my honeymoon this coming June. Can’t wait!!! Definitely planning to climb to the top of Dunn’s River Falls with my soon-to-be wifey :)
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 46
    sorry for the repost the server went down
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Still no composer announced :(
    So no title and no synopsis (except that part where Bond starts off the movie not in the service) but this cast looks amazing!!!
    Confirmed writing credits, as expected, a behemoth:

Written by Neal Purvis & Robert Wade, Scott Z. Burns with Cary Joji Fukunaga and Phoebe Waller-Bridge,
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I have to say I am VERY pleased! Bond in Jamaica! Felix returns! Ana De Armas plus M, Q and Moneypenny returning! I am very happy so far. Have missed most of the show itself but it was held at the Fleming villa?! Very cool.
    Interesting synopsis @antovolk: Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.

So no female 007 then? I wonder who plays the kidnapped scientist? David Dencik? Phoebe Waller-Bridge?
    A lot of negative comments in the live feed, it did seem pretty pointless.
    Also with that sound and picture, it looked like it was shot on a phone from about 8 years ago lol.
    Reckon Cary is the new Blofeld- he's gone sockless.
    So no title and no synopsis (except that part where Bond starts off the movie not in the service) but this cast looks amazing!!!
    Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.

I quite like this set up. Sounds quite Dr. No-ish and not too overblown.

Disappointed they haven't cast any local actors. That scattering of local bit part actors in Dr. No really gave it some real Jamaican flavour. Hoping we get a strong sense of place - why build a set for Bond's home when there are so many awesome houses to use already - why not Goldeneye itself tbh.

David Dencik is a nice addition - he's creepy.
    They got the DOP and the editor from Damien Chazelle for this, Justin Hurwitz confirmed for score duties in 3…2…1….
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Very sweet little segment from the EON, enjoyed watching it live from beautiful Jamaica. They should do this kind of interaction with the fans more often.

I doesn't cost much to get Barbara, Michael, interviewer and 1 camera together, even if actors are not there. 007 social media is too sterile!
    bondsum wrote: »
    Interesting synopsis @antovolk: Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.

So no female 007 then? I wonder who plays the kidnapped scientist? David Dencik? Phoebe Waller-Bridge?

Whoa! Is this legit? I love the setup if true!!
    It's from the press release I posted on the previous page.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    antovolk wrote: »
    They got the DOP and the editor from Damien Chazelle for this, Justin Hurwitz confirmed for score duties in 3…2…1….

And both Mark Tildesley and the new costume designer Suttirat Larlarb are fellow Danny Boyle collaborators.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Love the synopsis, love the cast.

Also did anyone see Rory Kinnear's video?
    Looks quite a young cast. Naomi Harris doesn't seem to age much! Daniel looks in good shape. The Blade Runner actress looks quite attractive. :)

Just throwing this out as an idea - Malek could play a relative of Blofeld? Eon (under Babs) seem to like backstory stuff like that so I wouldn't be surprised if we have Blofeld's son or something. Anyway, if it happens just be prepared!
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    grunther wrote: »
    A lot of negative comments in the live feed, it did seem pretty pointless.
    Also with that sound and picture, it looked like it was shot on a phone from about 8 years ago lol.
    Reckon Cary is the new Blofeld- he's gone sockless.

Because this event was a piece of garbage, and most fans are trying to cope and forget that.
  • RC7RC7
    Delighted Wright is back. 👊
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,241
    For those unfamiliar with him, David Dencik is one hell of an actor. Other than the return of Jeffrey Wright, this was the casting that made me most pleasantly surprised.

Edit: Rory Kinnear's video is brilliant!
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Plot synopsis is fine. No mention of personal issues. Wonder if Blofeld is the treacherous part of the mission?
  • Good news and bad news is what I got out of it.

Good:
    Full cast announced! I'm really happy about everyone returning and new.
    Jamaica will be a beautiful locale and the set looked great.
    Confirmed locations (but we already knew)

Bad:
    NO title yet?
    Awkward interviews? Daniel especially seemed like he would rather be anywhere but there haha.
    It was all over in 20 minutes.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    I was curious and decided to open BBC web site, it's sad to see no news about Bond 25 reveal while new Marvel movie is sitting proudly on the front page.

Et tu Brittania?
  • ThunderballsThunderballs Brighton, UK
    Biggest takeaway for me was the return of Jeffrey Wright’s Felix Leiter - yes!
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Filming has started with no title. Ok, annoying but acceptable. Daniel Craig wearing trainers with a suit to the press conference.....unacceptable! Ha ha!
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Daniel can't leave soon enough. I'm afraid he's going to carry the same bored attitude in in this interview and in Spectre over to Bond 25. I can just see it.

Bring on Bond 26.