No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    No title confirmed. Sigh. Oh well.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    OMG the cast is insane! Ana de Armas! Malek and Jeffrey Wright is back!!!
    Leither's BACK!!!
    Jeffrey Wright returns! Best news…so far!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ana de Armas!!!
    Ana de Armas... great!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ana de Armas I chose her on the who should be a Bond Girl, happy to see her. Seydoux not so much
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Craig looks great!
    There's a rumour of another major character returning. I guess this rumour could have substance given the Malek and Wright rumours turned out to be true. I don't think Babs and MG will confirm that rumour though!
    This cast is incredible!
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    This is a waste of time. Except Ana de Armas is cute
    Wait, did she just tease additional filming here in Norway? Would make sense thinking of the incentives.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    A few details though shame we did not get the title, I never wanted a sequel to Spectre though that's where we are, other elements I am happy with.
    No title yet from what I understand. Really like the cast overall. Still not convinced about Malik. Dencik looks far more menacing, at least on the picture they released. Lashana Lynch is not wearing very flattering clothes.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @Denbigh was right! He chose Ana de Armas first a couple of years ago, and now she's there.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

+1
    Rather an amateurish production. You'd think they'd make these things a little slicker.

Still, I'm liking what looks like it will be quite an extensive Jamaica shoot - really hope they make good use of the wider locations available. Glad there doesn't appear to be too much pointless jumping around the world. Norway, London, Jamaica and Italy is more than enough.

Glad Wright is back as Leiter - he's one of the best things about Craig's era and shame we haven't seen him for over a decade (crazy!!!).

Not sure about the other new cast members, but hoping the whole thing comes together. With all the work on the script I'm confident it's going to be pretty tight.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Malek on GMA said that this is Daniel's last Bond.
    CAST
    Returning Cast - Daniel Craig, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Rory Kinnear. Léa Seydoux. Ben Whishaw, Jeffrey Wright
    New - Ana de Armas, Dali Benssalah, David Dencik, Lashana Lynch, Billy Magnussen and Rami Malek

LOCATIONS
    Jamaica (Bond's living quarter being built), Norway, Italy

VILLAIN
    From Malek's soundbite and previous news it looks like he will be the villain.

PLOT
    Bond will be inactive at the start of the film

TITLE
    ?????
    An underwhelming show - and I am ticked off at still not having a title - but some notable takeaways. Getting Jeffrey Wright back is an enormous win. Ana de Armas is a great choice, Malek confirmed is nice. Casting wise I couldn’t ask for much better. But beyond that we barely know anything we didn’t before...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,157
    +1
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,252
    JAMAICA, APRIL 25, 2019 – GoldenEye in Jamaica. James Bond Producers, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli today confirmed the start of principal photography on the 25th official James Bond film begins on 28 April 2019. From Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions and Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios, the film is directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga and stars Daniel Craig, who returns for his fifth film as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007.

Metro Goldwyn Mayer will release the 25th James Bond feature film domestically through their United Artists Releasing banner on April 8, 2020; through Universal Pictures International and Metro Goldwyn Mayer in the UK and internationally from April 3, 2020.

Director, Cary Joji Fukunaga confirmed the returning cast, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Rory Kinnear, Léa Seydoux, Ben Whishaw, Jeffrey Wright and introduced Ana de Armas, Dali Benssalah, David Dencik, Lashana Lynch, Billy Magnussen and Rami Malek.

Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.

The 007 production will be based at Pinewood Studios in the UK, and on location in London, Italy, Jamaica and Norway.

Wilson and Broccoli commented, “We’re thrilled to return to Jamaica with Bond 25, Daniel Craig’s fifth instalment in the 007 series, where Ian Fleming created the iconic James Bond character and Dr No and Live And Let Die were filmed.”

Written by Neal Purvis & Robert Wade, Scott Z. Burns with Cary Joji Fukunaga and Phoebe Waller-Bridge, other members of the creative team are; Director of Photography Linus Sandgren, Editor Tom Cross and Elliot Graham, Production Designer Mark Tildesley, Costume Designer Suttirat Larlarb, Supervising Stunt Coordinator Olivier Schneider, 2nd Unit Stunt Coordinator Lee Morrison and Visual Effects Supervisor Charlie Noble. Returning members to the team are; 2nd Unit Director Alexander Witt, Special Effects and Action Vehicles Supervisor Chris Corbould and Casting Director Debbie McWilliams.

Spectre, the 24th James Bond film, was a global box office hit, opening #1 in 81 territories around the world, including the U.S., and earning $880 million at the global box office. The film broke a new all-time box office record in the UK with the biggest seven-day opening of all time at $63.8 million. Skyfall, the 23rd film in the series, earned $1.1 billion worldwide.

The start of production launch of Bond 25 was streamed live on the official James Bond channels: 007.com, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and the video is now available on demand on all of these sites.
  • RC7RC7
    Delighted Wright is back. 👊
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    @Denbigh was right! He chose Ana de Armas first a couple of years ago, and now she's there.
    So no title and no synopsis (except that part where Bond starts off the movie not in the service) but this cast looks amazing!!!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Lashana Lynch has been definitely given the part that was meant for Lupita.

The most interesting info so far is that the movie will indeed begin with Bond out of service while spending his time in Jamaica with Madeleine, following SP events.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Absolute joke of a press conference.

- Outside.
    - Terrible audio.
    - No title.
    - Boring questions with even more boring answers. Actors looked flatter than a pancake, especially Craig.
    - Fan-made trailer.
    - Construction video of a set that was lame.
    - Wow. So disappointed on so many levels. I can't believe I got excited over this.

The best part of this press conference was that Jeffery Wright was back and that Ana de Armas was cast. Also, Rami's video was great; he's the only person that gave a damn today. Shame I couldn't say that to the rest of the cast.

"Here we are to answer some questions!" "Okay. But actually we can't".
    Alright-y then.
    Very happy for Ana de Armas, and Felix return for the final Craig film.

Nice to see goldeneye!

BUT what the hell! It was such a cheap presentation with very bad sound and picture quality! We are talking about a multi-million bond production not a B movie! Naah. Very bad! Also no title!

Something tells me that Blofeld will be back!