No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Live event link posted above
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Walecs wrote: »
    shamanimal wrote: »
    The Star Wars title was revealed in the teaser trailer, perhaps this'll be the same.
    Yeah, they created a lot of hype only to reveal they had chosen the laziest title ever.
    Lazier than Jason Bourne?
    Well, at least it won't be Spectre, again. The laziest titling I've come to seeing so far is within the Shaft franchise. Same continuity, three films simply titled Shaft, with the last two being consecutive sequels to one another. ;)
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Anyone, where's the live feed?

:)

Many, many thanks!
    vasilismf wrote: »
    here is the youtube link! 1 hour!

Thanks for this!

ColonelSun wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    No title reveal today? Frustrating.

BUT no title reveal today means they don't have a title yet, so hopefully the movie won't be called
    ECLIPSE.
    Which is good news.

Agreed. Sounds like they have not decided on the final title yet and so any working titles we have heard are even more unlikely to be the final choice.

Good point, @ColonelSun.

Even if we don't get the title today, that's fine. I can think of another particularly famous film series (with resonance today, no less) that has made quite a recent of success of holding their title reveals back until closer to the film's release... ;)
    Lest we forget Die Another Day also didn't have a title announced upon its press conference event.
    How do we watch if we're not in the UK or and US and don't have access to GMA or GMB?
    Univex wrote: »
    The Star Wars title was revealed in the teaser trailer, perhaps this'll be the same.
    Yeah, they created a lot of hype only to reveal they had chosen the laziest title ever.

On par, IMO.

The Rise of Skywalker does have a kind of fan fiction feel to it.
    Well, at least it won't be Spectre, again. The laziest titling I've come to seeing so far is within the Shaft franchise. Same continuity, three films simply titled Shaft, with the last two being consecutive sequels to one another. ;)

Unless it's Spectre 2, Spectre 2.0 or Spectrier! :-D
    Good point re. Shaft. There's been some years between each film of course, but it's still very lazy.
    Getafix wrote: »
    How do we watch if we're not in the UK or and US and don't have access to GMA or GMB?
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/niiS0uBs9ec?autoplay=1

;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Getafix wrote: »
    The link's been posted on the previous page.
    Well if no title is announced then I will be on here through out the day talking about what is announcedof the title is announced see you guys tonight
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Also on the official Bond site home page - links to the YouTube page (I think):

https://www.007.com/bond-25-live-real/
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

My bad, I meant in the Star Wars franchise.

You're right.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they, much like Avengers Endgame and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, save the title for the first trailer. After all, doing this paid off in spades for Disney, and ironically Bond is really the one that has made title reveals a big deal.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 15,423
    antovolk wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if they, much like Avengers Endgame and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, save the title for the first trailer. After all, doing this paid off in spades for Disney, and ironically Bond is really the one that has made title reveals a big deal.
    Indeed. Revealing the title for Spectre was enough of a spoiler for the audience to put two and two together to sew the plot points together. Probably they're counter-acting to that notion rather than simply not having a title ready in their disposal.
    Just to pass the time ;)

edited April 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Indeed. Revealing the title for Spectre was enough of a spoiler for the audience to put two and two together to sew the plot points together. Probably they're counter-acting rather than simply not having a title ready in their disposal.
    I'm already over it. Can't wait for what's in store for us in 38 minutes.

My bad, I meant in the Star Wars franchise.

Ah, then you're probably spot on with that being the laziest title ever!
    jake24 wrote: »
    Indeed. Revealing the title for Spectre was enough of a spoiler for the audience to put two and two together to sew the plot points together. Probably they're counter-acting rather than simply not having a title ready in their disposal.
    I'm already over it. Can't wait for what's in store for us in 38 minutes.
    Better make that two.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I have a theory, that’s all it is: they do know the title but there is a major plot point in the words, a hint of where the story will be going.

Like some have written, it’ll be better to release it with the first teaser trailer.

Timing is everything.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 15,423
    Set timer for six minutes... Plus thirty!
    To get you all pumped, here's my B25 trailer from two years ago:

A lot of films have short one word titles, seems popular - Vice (about Dick Cheney - the former vice president), Solo, Sully (about the plane crash and pilot),the forthcoming Joker film called Joker, Glass, Logan (about Wolverine) etc. I doubt Eon would go with 007 or Bond as the title.
    A lot of films have short one word titles, seems popular - Vice (about Dick Cheney - the former vice president), Solo, Sully (about the plane crash and pilot),the forthcoming Joker film called Joker, Glass, Logan (about Wolverine) etc. I doubt Eon would go with 007 or Bond as the title.

What about Madeleine? :))
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    peter wrote: »
    I have a theory, that’s all it is: they do know the title but there is a major plot point in the words, a hint of where the story will be going.

Like some have written, it’ll be better to release it with the first teaser trailer.

Timing is everything.

If there really won't be a title reveal today, i am actually suprised at EoN conviction that they'll be able to keep it secret that long... they definitly learned their lesson.

Too Marcel Proust ;)
    Vesper.

It'll be that chocolate surprise.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Set timer for six minutes... Plus thirty!

Six minutes, check! ;)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    peter wrote: »

Timing is everything.

Yep sounds reasonable.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Rise of Skywalker title was revealed at a promotional event. I think some people have forgotten that. It was part of the Chicago Star Wars celebration convention - which had cast members chatting to fans. It was a promotional gig similar to what is happening with Bond 25 today (I think!).

It's also worth mentioning Terminator: Dark Fate title has been revealed several months before the film's autumn release date. I can't see any reason why Eon/MGM would delay the title - the film is in production, it's all systems go! - but if it doesn't happen, fair enough.