Game of Thrones (2011 - 19)

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Anyone watch the first episode yet? Keen to get everyone's thoughts.

Just finished it, pretty good episode. Can’t really discuss it in details now since I don’t want to spoil if for anyone ;)

But yeah, it got me hyped for the rest of the season so I guess it accomplished what it tried to do.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Might re-watch the last episode of season 7 before plunging into this one!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited April 2019 Posts: 2,541
    It was actually quite good but average considering it was mostly reunions.But title sequence was stunning beyond words.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very good episode, albeit shockingly uneventful for a six episode final season.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

My thoughts as well, though now the players are where they need to be for the rest of the season. Should keep heating up next episode.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

My thoughts as well, though now the players are where they need to be for the rest of the season. Should keep heating up next episode.

Exactly. The end has been set up, the characters had their reunions and are exactly where they need to be - now comes the real finale. Can't believe in five short weeks, it's all going to be over for good.
    This is how it's shaping up to me if it comes to direction

Episode 1: David Nutter
    Episode 2: David Nutter
    Episode 4: David Nutter

Nutter best remembered for show’s smaller-scale shocking moments, such as

Red Wedding (“The Rains of Castamere”)
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQzI-BMS7-qYbdSsiKmEFoBGnFpS0IAYlvYS6PYTwgj5gjPQARV

Shows Gladiator episode (“The Dance of Dragons”)
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSkS_u1cTixXQCCg8NTTt5VVbpzB13AKyuiZ21s3iFLNT_faLKM

Cersei’s walk of shame (“Mother’s Mercy”).

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQSlDPbCbsxz74XgmiSbVrcCFOlS6T8DN4g_VeDW0YDhW7pvTP4

Episode 3: Miguel Sapochnik
    Episode 5: Miguel Sapochnik

Sapochnik directed show’s biggest action set pieces, including

“Hardhome”

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSiaeS1m_wJ1gRbbhXP0fDiuazx32nd3DTi3_mI5w7qmMj7JuBu

“Battle of the Bastards.”
    giphy.gif

Episode 6: David Benioff and Dan Weiss : shows main producer has directed last episode

We can have an idea how shows next 4 episodes going to be. But unsure of the last one.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2019 Posts: 23,102
    The new episode was OK, very much the calm before the storm and reestablishing where some of the chess pieces are.
    John Snow learning of his true lineage was a good scene.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Loved this episode, great character moments and no battles or big set pieces.

I didn't start reading the books and watching the TV show for battles and dragons.

I don't mind this as icing on the cake but it was intrigue, the back stabbing the skulduggery and the sense of something ominous was about to happen.

I feel as this series has got more popular, I would argue because of the fantasy element and not so much the intrigue that it for me at least has favoured this more than the latter.

People who have jumped on this later seem to go on about the big events of the series as opposed to intricacies of the plot.

I thought John Bradley was phenomenal in
    The scene where Dany tells him his father and brother died.
    I think the next few episodes are going to be very eventful. Also quite loved the end.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    I thought John Bradley was phenomenal in
    The scene where Dany tells him his father and brother died.
    I think the next few episodes are going to be very eventful. Also quite loved the end.

Agreed. That's one of the lesser realized bits of this final season I'm enjoying so much - characters we've seen from the beginning who have never interacted are finally getting to share screentime together.
    Quite liked the first episode of this last season. Far more in fact than the last two.
    Great new season opener. I have a fan theory which maybe the final outcome for the Night King. I'll put it it in spoilers, even though it's only a theory of mine and not fact, nor is it based upon any real leaked spoilers.
    We saw briefly Arya Stark give the swordsmith a design for a specific weapon fashioned from dragon glass. The slight of hand in which this detail was shown leads me to believe that it will play a significant part in the major battle, or in the Night King's eventual downfall. Maybe Arya Stark uses her powers of skinchanging to stand right alongside the Night King as a White Walker without rousing any suspicion and slay him with her concealed weapon? I haven't got much to go on, and it's only a hunch, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was similar to how it plays out. Of course, it could be total bullocks, and Arya's weapon is used for something entirely different.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    bondsum wrote: »
    Great new season opener. I have a fan theory which maybe the final outcome for the Night King. I'll put it it in spoilers, even though it's only a theory of mine and not fact, nor is it based upon any real leaked spoilers.
    We saw briefly Arya Stark give the swordsmith a design for a specific weapon fashioned from dragon glass. The slight of hand in which this detail was shown leads me to believe that it will play a significant part in the major battle, or in the Night King's eventual downfall. Maybe Arya Stark uses her powers of skinchanging to stand right alongside the Night King as a White Walker without rousing any suspicion and slay him with her concealed weapon? I haven't got much to go on, and it's only a hunch, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was similar to how it plays out. Of course, it could be total bullocks, and Arya's weapon is used for something entirely different.

That actually sounds pretty logical. Maybe you will be right!

I will definitely read this but after shows end.

I will definitely read this but after shows end.

Same here. I've seen too many fan theories in the past that ended up right, I tend to avoid them until after a season ends to see how they panned out.
    An HBO backstory on the time David Benioff challenged Jason Momoa to the slap game, because who knows why:

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    8.2 Really enjoyed this episode, quite a few call backs and the feeling of coming full circle, there were alot of good character moments, one moment in particular had me in hysterics.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,497
    I'm one of the 0,002% that doesn't follow GoT.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Did you really need to comment then?
    Denbigh wrote: »

Is it forbidden to place one comment in a thread of a series you don't follow?

• DenbighDenbigh UK

No, but I don’t really see the point in it. You don’t watch Game of Thrones? Ok.
    I really enjoyed this episode
    Just people talking, preparing themselves for a battle they know they probably won't win was really interesting. It might be my favourite I've seen Tyrion since he left King's Landing.
    The thought of waiting another week I find agonising.
    My favorite scene would be with Podrick
    Song was fantastic
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Anyway great episode, so excited for the next one and I’m now even more certain that Florence and the Machine should do the title song for Bond 25 :)
  • Episode 2 was some great Thrones. Much better than the first episode I thought, and that one was still pretty good. Really excited for next Sunday!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

No, but I don’t really see the point in it. You don’t watch Game of Thrones? Ok.

We cool. >:)

I like podrick version than this one