Comments

• edited April 2012 Posts: 9,730
    not a huge surprise but welcome none the less. Hoping it will star Daniel Craig and be directed by Sam Mendes and be titled The Hildebrand Rarity I have more of a wish list but those 3 things will make me happy.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I read somewhere 24 will be a continuation, any truth to that??
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars

No idea, but I wish!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Risico007 wrote:
    Hoping it will star Daniel Craig

evidently Craig is returning, there's no way the role would be recast in time for a 2014 release.....,. ;)

• edited April 2012 Posts: 300
    As long as they have enough time to develop a strong story and solid script, then I'm happy. That is the only element I worry about when they do these "every other year" release dates. I hope they prove me wrong though that way I can shut up.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    That is great news!

Maybe they have already started to throw around some ideas for the next one?
    Risico007 wrote:

evidently Craig is returning, there's no way the role would be recast in time for a 2014 release.....,. ;)

I'd say chances of it being Craig very high.
    Saying there is no way it would be recast is not entirely true as they have changed Bonds numerous times in the past and still released a film 2 years later. Case in point Dalton Replaced Brosnan (who in turn replaced Moore) relatively late in the day just before TLD started shooting and it was still released 2 years after AVTAK.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    dchantry wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

I'd say chances of it being Craig very high.
    Saying there is no way it would be recast is not entirely true as they have changed Bonds numerous times in the past and still released a film 2 years later. Case in point Dalton Replaced Brosnan (who in turn replaced Moore) relatively late in the day just before TLD started shooting and it was still released 2 years after AVTAK.

Well IMO there are no clear candidates at the moment... who would they choose for 2014 ? Cavill ? Fassbender ? If the role was recast for 2014, Craig would have to announce his retirement from the role before the release of Skyfall.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    As expected. Hopefully a release date is confirmed by EON soon.

Let's get the ball rolling then. A film in 2016 at least would be welcome.

I hope the handover back to MGM for Sony doesn't delay things.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2012 Posts: 4,416
    I hope it wil be December 2014.

In the meaning of:

The return of Quantum
    The return of Camile
    The return of Mr White
    Water story continuation (return of Mexico)
    Bond visit M her home

Atleast this be the things there make a set up in CR or QOS. Above on this be what wil see in Skyfall. Felix, Bill Tanner & Q wil return i think. If the Harry Potter actres is playing Moneypenny too.

Mabey:

''Property Of a Lady'' or ''Mr Kiss Kiss'' Bang Bang as title. If somethings from Skyfall wil be truth i think it be more reasen Bond go to New York to visit Felix.
    The Returns of Villiers
    Sam Mendes, David Yates, Alfonso Cuarón, Guillermo del Toro, Mike Newell (Matthew Vaughn , John Madden) biggest change to direct i think. http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2537 If we like Sam Mendes then i think it be good to have him return. Marc Forster wil only return as producer, in specialy if the remours about the QOS delete scene are true. Paul Haggis wil return i think or atleast John Logan. It wil be P&W there last movie.
    If Mendes returns, David Arnold wil not return. If we like Newman, sorry for him.
    Production designer Dennis Gasner wil return or must make a mess from Skyfall or the directer other then Sam Mendes wil choose somebody ele's.
    The cinematopgrapher of QOS or Skyfall will return. The man from from Skyfall is choose by Sam Mendes.
    Stuard Baid the editor of CR and Skyfall wil do Bond 24 based on who there choose as directer. There already not ask him twice, once for DAD and he also not work on QOS. Marc Forster whant his editor he work with before (and Eon at another editor) and David Yates wil do this too. His The Girl in the Café editor work also by him directed 4 Harry Potter movies.
    I'm positive that they had asked the writers earliar this year or late last year to start on plot lines and ideas for the next movie? Really pleased we have confirmation of the 24th installment in 2014!

Pretty confident that DC will return! Remain hopeful that Sam Mendes will return too! [-O< My only requests are the FULL MI6 team if they are not ALL ready present? And ofcourse the return of Quantum! As there is so much left to explore with them? And one of the remaining Fleming titles to be used for the movie title!
    Risico007 wrote:

Of course DC is returning - unless the end of the world arrives early! Mendes I doubt though. I suspect he sees this as a one movie project and he probably has other things lined up.
    With this two year window DC will return quite possible unless Bond23 fails at the BO or he is in a accident. OR EON has his replacement ready.

We will see but first Bond23.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 940
    Good news. And of course DC will be in it. There's no way SF will fail at the BO either. It's Sam Mendes which is the interesting question mark. He, unlike Forster, didn't dismiss the possibility of returning for B24 at the Press Conference launch.

Hopefully they realise the (likely) success of SF has a lot to do with the preparation work for the film and put the same effort towards B24.

After the chaos that was QOS, I've got no great desire to see the retun of 'Quantum' - a more villanious spin-off group would be fine though.
    slyfox wrote:
    Good news. And of course DC will be in it. There's no way SF will fail at the BO either. It's Sam Mendes which is the interesting question mark. He, unlike Forster, didn't dismiss the possibility of returning for B24 at the Press Conference launch.

Hopefully they realise the (likely) success of SF has a lot to do with the preparation work for the film and put the same effort towards B24.

After the chaos that was QOS, I've got no great desire to see the retun of 'Quantum' - a more villanious spin-off group would be fine though.

I've never understood why the supposedly well oiled Bond machine does not start work on pre-production for the movie after next while the current film is underway. Obviously the producers want to focus on the current movie, but why not have a small team working on Bond 24 now?
    Getafix wrote:
    slyfox wrote:

I've never understood why the supposedly well oiled Bond machine does not start work on pre-production for the movie after next while the current film is underway. Obviously the producers want to focus on the current movie, but why not have a small team working on Bond 24 now?

I agree. It's not like there is any doubt about the movie happening! Start early and there's more to work with.
    Fail to plan and you plan to fail.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 940
    Fortune favours the prepared mind.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I think the rumour of a 2 year gap has been around a while now, in which case I would imagine Eon already have their minds set on B24.

MW likes to have an occassional break but I think 2 more in 2014 and 2016 will be on the cards, and then almost certainly a new actor after a break.
    I think DC will at least do 5 and it will be his decision to quit as oppossed to the producers re-casting.
  • They must of always had a plan for the next one in the early years, hence the 'James Bond will Return in GOLDFINGER' or whatever it was going to be after the end credits.

Now, it would be cool if they did that at the end of SKYFALL...
    MrBond wrote:
    That is great news!

Maybe they have already started to throw around some ideas for the next one?

Which is a solid bet Logan is returning!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I really hope they can churn out excellent films while still sticking on this every-other-year timeline. We get Skyfall at the end of this year, then 2013 lets us enjoy it on DVD/blu-ray, and then the filming for Bond 24 starts up at the end of that year, followed by the next year's release of Bond 24. I'll really enjoy getting a new taste of Bond, year after year.
    I don't think a new Bond actor is on the table. Face it, DC is coming back. He's been a financial success.

In any event, this is great news!
    JBFan626 wrote:
    I don't think a new Bond actor is on the table. Face it, DC is coming back. He's been a financial success.

In any event, this is great news!

This shouldn't even be discussed. Its Craig.

The true question is... they must already have writers working. So Quantum, or no Quantum? John Logan, or no Logan?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,497
    Mendes also seems to be likely: The producers want him, DC likes him, he seems to be proud of the work...which would mean no David Arnold again either, which I know would be a win for many on here.
  • Brilliant! Hopefully this will be Criag's Thunderball in where we see him up against Quantum again. Wouldn't be keen on seeing them in his fifth outing if he returns for that though.
    This must mean that Sony are very pleased with what they have seen of SF which is good news to us fans.

They must realise they have a good product on their hands. I get the whiff of success like CR with this one...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Why are people even wasting time flirting with the possibility of Craig not returning and being recast? Craig isn't going anywhere, he's arguably the only Bond actor to have some sort of creative clout going into the production of these movies. The producers hold him with high regard, infinitely moreso than the likes of Brosnan. If any of you have read the new empire magazine, it's pretty clear that they're looking to take Bond to new heights and they're just getting started. Craig is their man.
    It's gonna be Craig.

This is great news, but I hope we get a new director. Don't get me wrong, Mendes seems like he knows what he's doing and Skyfall will probably be good, but I like having the directors change each film, I think it gives variety.

Speaking of directors, Quentin Tarantino for Bond 24!!! \m/