No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    So here is my best guess for contributions by writers

P&W: Basic Plot and Action Set Pieces
    Fukunaga: Tone and more nuanced Plot
    Burns: Bringing the contributions of Fukunaga and P&W together in a cohesive story.
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge: Dialouge and Humour

What do others think?

@Bentley007 hit the nail on the head ;)
    Now, a day after @Pierce2Daniel posted his excellent idea, I absolutely want Bond to be absent in the PTS and to the PTS to feature the new female 007 right in the middle of a mission. What a bold, inspired way it would be to start Bond 25!
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited April 2019 Posts: 108

Burns: Bringing the contributions of Fukunaga and P&W together in a cohesive story.

What do others think?

Anything that serves to further dilute and to overwrite P&W's original lackluster script is a good thing in my book. As such, I'm happy to see Waller-Bridge on board, just as I was happy to hear other writers have tried to improve the script's quality.

I'm also not surprised by the reports that Craig found the original P&W script to be significantly lacking. Of course, once Bond 25 is released, Babs will inevitably rehire P&W again for Bond 26 and this entire repetitive circus of having a lackluster P&W script as the project's foundation will begin anew.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

"grjdwyer I’m @ FAC251 tonight covering for @otpemu who is away filming on #bond25 - Expect exactly the same playlist with a little less facial hair."

otpemu is the Manchester based DJ Other People's Music.
    Strelik wrote: »

What do others think?

Anything that serves to further dilute and to overwrite P&W's less-than-impressive screenwriting is a good thing in my book.

As such, I'm happy to see Waller-Bridge on board. I'm also not surprised that Craig found the original P&W script to be significantly lacking.

I wonder if they are going to use any of the Danny Boyle/John Hodge?
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Red_Snow wrote: »

"grjdwyer I’m @ FAC251 tonight covering for @otpemu who is away filming on #bond25 - Expect exactly the same playlist with a little less facial hair."

What would he be doing for the film? Very curious
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    QBranch wrote: »
    I have a good feeling about this film, honestly. It's going to be a good one.
    Same. B25 will be epic. Since Dan appeared on Colbert, my excitement has been pretty much consistent (very high).

I find myself going back and watching that interview often, usually after being in this thread for any significant length of time. The moment Craig says "yes" never fails to elicit a smile from me.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,126

@Red_Snow What would a DJ do in the script a party in Jamaica Jump Up 2.0? Just a guess.
  • Remington wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »
    Do we know if B25 is being shot on digital or film?

Film.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/bond-25-imax-cinematographer-linus-sandgren-1202054602/

Oh WOW! I am so happy to hear this.....both QoS and SP were filmed in film (pun intended) and it makes a nicer difference as you could see in the desert scenes of each film really bringing our the quality of the environment and making viewers feel like they are in that scene as well.

Let's just hope it resembles QOS more than SP.

I know what you mean but would like to ask you to articulate/elaborate on how they could make it more QOS-y.

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    007Blofeld wrote: »

@Red_Snow What would a DJ do in the script a party in Jamaica Jump Up 2.0? Just a guess.

Love this idea!!
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited April 2019 Posts: 524

We've had acting by musicians before in this franchise, sure. But wouldn't it be more logical if he's just hired for the music? Maybe he's with the composer?
    Arnold always got some people involved he liked to do little filler tracks on his scores with, I don't think it's too far fetched.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    It could be a very minor role not unlike the DJ seen at the Eco Park fundraiser in QOS.

Not a fan of EDM in a Bond film, but Consequences of Love worked splendidly in Fallout, so maybe in context it will be awesome.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Maybe planning
    music for a wedding party? :) Sassilive repeats again that Dua Lipa will film in the summer too...
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,241

Maybe Bond will be at a party hosted by the villain?
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Would LOVE a modern take on „Jump Up“! Great opportunity here
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan

My new favorite candidate for the theme song! Love the haunting vibes in this song!!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

This I like. :-)
    No issues with female characters being strong and so on. But lets knock on the head this whole idea she will be 007.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

This I like. :-)

I like it when Bond meets the villain socially at a crowded event, where Bond lets him know he's on to him. Stuff like "Yes, I thought I saw a spectre at your shoulder.", etc.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I'd like Pheobe Waller-Bridge to write Bond 26 from the ground up. Killing Eve is so fresh and innovative. Purvis and Wade are stale. There's no pizzazz. I'd love for a huge tonal shift come the next iteration of Bond. I'd like light, macabre, off-kilter and bone crunching action all in one movie when Aidan Turner takes over. ;')
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,000
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    No issues with female characters being strong and so on. But lets knock on the head this whole idea she will be 007.

This. The idea of anyone other than Bond carrying the 007 number, male or female, seems as stupid an idea as Brofeld. And if it is a woman it reeks of pandering to the current “the future is female” trend in PC culture. I’m sure this is all just Daily Mail BS though.

I am pleased to hear that a good writer has been brought on board to improve the humor, something the Craig era has been sorely lacking.
    I don’t see what’s wrong with another character having the 007 designation in the beginning. Doesn’t strike me as a cheap ploy but as legitimately surprising/ funny.

that I would like makes me think of this.

that I would like makes me think of this.

Would make sense to have a DJ at an event similar to the one in TND, that's for sure!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    I don’t see what’s wrong with another character having the 007 designation in the beginning. Doesn’t strike me as a cheap ploy but as legitimately surprising/ funny.

I suppose it will all come down to how it’s handled in the film (should it actually happen). On paper it does not sit well with me.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Univex wrote: »
    Perhaps not the right thread but this looks SO much better. Little too much blue but the movie is actually beautiful to look at.

https://yo.utu.be/bJhf97Xje20

Can someone please make this for the entire film and then have it on blu ray for everyone? ;) It would sell like peanuts for the price of gold. I'd buy it instantly.

Slightly arrogant of that person to assume the original version is not the correct colour! That's the way Sam Mendes made the film. Nothing incorrect about it. Just personal taste, surely? Putting the gun barrel at the end of QOS - I think you can argue that is incorrect as it's contrary to how Bond films are meant to be, but colour grading is purely subjective. The film now looks too blue. From pale yellow to dark blue!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,665
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Perhaps not the right thread but this looks SO much better. Little too much blue but the movie is actually beautiful to look at.

https://yo.utu.be/bJhf97Xje20

Can someone please make this for the entire film and then have it on blu ray for everyone? ;) It would sell like peanuts for the price of gold. I'd buy it instantly.

Slightly arrogant of that person to assume the original version is not the correct colour! That's the way Sam Mendes made the film. Nothing incorrect about it. Just personal taste, surely? Putting the gun barrel at the end of QOS - I think you can argue that is incorrect as it's contrary to how Bond films are meant to be, but colour grading is purely subjective.

Listen, you've quoted me three times in a row, so I think my point is very much up there to be seen. Subjectivity is the weapon of the untalented, IMO. If everything is subjective, than everything is just fine. Thing is, although I like van Hoytema - even talked with him briefly once - I think the colouring in this particular cinematography is was poor and it worked against the work of the production crew who had so much trouble to make that parade in Mexico colourful and fun. Art is not subjective. Art can be interpreted and analysed and evaluated even, but it's not subjective. A parallax and a different perspective don't make for subjectivity either. Neither does being liberal, as I am. Subjectivity, like I said, is just a weapon for the untalented and the ignorant. Oh, and all artistic choices are, and should always be, open to criticism.

That being said, Univex out. This thread as become toxic again. Will be back for more real news though.

See ya.

PS: about my comments about re editing and re selling the film with bettered colouring, I was clearly kidding and being critical of the original colouring while doing so. It was Mendes film, it is as it is and should be left that way. Obviously!
    I hope with all these talented writers they can come up with a better title between them than has been suggested. Im getting good vibes for this film. I was watching YouTube videos of Cary fukunaga and he says his favorite part of directing a film is the pre production. So I think he is taking his time getting it how he wants and eon are agreeing with this. Im not worried in the slightest, I was annoyed at all the delays but im feeling good about this.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Risico007 wrote: »

What do others think?

too many cooks in the kitchen

Other films with "too many cooks": OHMSS (lots of drafts!), TSWLM, GE