New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Thanks Dragonpol, it's been... 6 years... :|
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Not exactly new...

Well well well, welcome back after quite the lengthy hiatus. Hope all is well in your corner of the world, @JamesCraig!

In Bond parlance this is called "pulling a GoldenEye."
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Yes, I'd only been a member here for about 3 months when you left. Good to have you back with us! :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @JamesCraig I remember you from before. Welcome back, mate.

Weren't you a blonde when I came in?
  • mrlynxmrlynx Maine
    Hi all! Been following the forums since Skyfall. I’ve read all the books (even that Canadian one “Bond Unknown”) and host Bond Nights every couple weeks for my friends who haven’t seen them all. I just finished writing and directing a cabaret based on the life of Krystyna Skarbek that I peppered with Bond references- it even had a “titles sequence” set to an original song! I love all the Bond actors and films in their own ways, but have recently realized that I could write a better Bond novel than most of the past continuation books. Happy to finally join the MI6 community and add to the analysis and speculation of our favorite hero!
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    mrlynx wrote: »
    Hi all! Been following the forums since Skyfall. I’ve read all the books (even that Canadian one “Bond Unknown”) and host Bond Nights every couple weeks for my friends who haven’t seen them all. I just finished writing and directing a cabaret based on the life of Krystyna Skarbek that I peppered with Bond references- it even had a “titles sequence” set to an original song! I love all the Bond actors and films in their own ways, but have recently realized that I could write a better Bond novel than most of the past continuation books. Happy to finally join the MI6 community and add to the analysis and speculation of our favorite hero!

Welcome to MI6.
  • mrlynxmrlynx Maine
    Thank you very much! Words I never thought I’d hear- especially as an American ;)

Welcome to the forums and have fun! We've got plenty of threads here so dive in wherever and whenever you'd like.

Been to Maine myself a few times, such a beautiful state (at least the parts I got to experience).
  • mrlynxmrlynx Maine
    Birdleson wrote: »
    @mrlynx , where about in Maine are you?
    In the Portland area!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Welcome to the forums and have fun! We've got plenty of threads here so dive in wherever and whenever you'd like.

Been to Maine myself a few times, such a beautiful state (at least the parts I got to experience).

Thank you! Yes it is a wonderful state to live in!
    Welcome aboard @mrlynx !!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Welcome aboard @mrlynx hope you enjoy your time here.
    Welcome to MI6 Community, @mrlynx! :)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I was taking some overdue holiday.
    I was taking some overdue holiday.

Mexico City ? what were you doing there you naughty boy ?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Mr Lynx, my Maine man! Welcome!
    Thank you very much! Words I never thought I’d hear- especially as an American ;)

:)) welcome!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Welcome @mrlynx. Please tell me your first name is Waverly. :)

Wave' Lynx. Trust him, he just knows.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Hello everyone!

After reading this board for quite a while (It must be from around pre-production on Skyfall) and enjoying all of your posts, I thought it was time to formally get an account here and join the discussions, right in time before Bond 25 kicks off.

Some of you might know me from Twitter or from such things as tweeting @Pierce2Daniel 's post and seeing that tweet appear here despite the original post being above, or the April Fools joke about that "leaked" script.

I'm a fairly recent Bond fan (compared to most of you), and I saw my first Bond film around 2009. (It was AVTAK, by the way. Weird one to begin with.) But I've come to love the series along the way.

I look forward to some amazing discussions with all of you. Thank you for having me on board!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Welcome, @DeerAtTheGates. I see you on Twitter all the time, nice to see you finally joining the party!
    Welcome, Deer.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Welcome, @DeerAtTheGates. I see you on Twitter all the time, nice to see you finally joining the party!

You know what they say, better late than never!

Thank you both for the welcoming!
    Welcome through the gate, Deer. :)

I see that we also follow each other on Twitter.
    Not related to Bill, are you?

Oh deer.

We do tweet each other regularly, but it behooves me to say that's where the similarities end. ;)
  • 007_MJH007_MJH Lancashire, UK
    Hello

Have read this site for quite a while now and always enjoyed reading the views from everyone about James Bond and everything that comes with it. Been a fan for a lot of years, since I was an 8 year old or so. I’m nearly 46 so quite a while. The only thing I have not gotten into yet are the Fleming and continuation novels. I do have them all (near enough anyway), but I’ve never been much of a novel reader, more reference books and comics.

Away from that I’m a comic book fan, DC being my preferred company but I have a lot of affection for Marvel and others. I enjoy watching movies and tv shows that I have an interest in. I’m also a fan of 80’s hair metal bands, with Guns n’ Roses my favourite.

I am a big family man, my family are my all and when I’m not at work my time with them all is precious. I’m also gramps to my beautiful 8 month old granddaughter.

Don’t want to bore you anymore but I look forward to chatting to you all.

Cheers.
    A hearty welcome to the forums, @007_MJH!
  • 007_MJH007_MJH Lancashire, UK
    Thank you very much.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 17,728
    Welcome aboard, @007_MJH. :)