Rank the Guy Hamiton Bonds films (Poll added)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @QBranch, I love going back to those older lists I made back when I joined and seeing how much my tastes have changed since, it's really interesting.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Interesting... GF, DAF, & TMWTGG are all on the same tier for me now; LALD is just a bit below.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 832
    1. Gf
    2. Lald
    3. Tmwtgg
    4. Daf

Gf and lald are top 10, tmwtgg is somewhere in the middle, daf is towards the bottom, but it has its good qualities.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    Arguably the least "Moore" movie after FYEO, although with this one Moore looks young, smokes, and could reasonably beat someone at a fist fight.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Is @chrisisall the only one who has LALD last. I fond that film to be fairly popular around here. It's been a favorite of mine since '73.

chrisisnotalone
  • LALD
    GF
    DAF
    TMWTGG

Love Goldfinger though, all are in top 10 except Golden Gun.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I’m going to revise my ranking of the Hamilton Bond films from 2013.

1. GF
    2. LALD
    3. TMWTGG
    4. DAF
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    1. Goldfinger
    2. The others

;)
    The least Moore Moore films are fyeo and tmwtgg.
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Yep. The former that is his very best film, and the latter that contains his greatest performance as Bond.
    1. GF (#4)
    2. LALD (#10)
    3. TMWTGG (#19)
    4. DAF (#23)

Easy list for me. Loved the first efforts with Connery and Moore, but felt mixed about the second ones. Definitely prefer TMWTGG over DAF though.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Benny wrote: »

1. GF
    2. LALD
    3. TMWTGG
    4. DAF

That's mine as well, more or less. Sometimes DAF catches me in the right mood and it steps above GG.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »

1. GF
    2. LALD
    3. TMWTGG
    4. DAF

That's mine as well, more or less. Sometimes DAF catches me in the right mood and it steps above GG.

Generally it's a toss up with GG and DAF. At present GG is having a resurgence. DAF although the most comedic Bond film, has many flaws. But it is a great romp.
    LALD (#14)
    GF (#16)
    DAF (#17)
    TMWTGG (#18)
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,241
    From the current (ongoing) Bondathon:
    GF (#6)
    LALD/ DAF (#8)
    TMWTGG (#12)
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Hardly surprising considering my nickname, but my favourite among the Hamilton outings has always been TMWTGG.

1. TMWTGG
    2. GF
    3. LALD
    4. DAF
    W
    Yep. The former that is his very best film, and the latter that contains his greatest performance as Bond.

Yea I don’t at all agree with this. Fyeo is Moore’s 4th best (ranked highly overall), tmwtgg features on of the worst performances as bond overall, and Moore’s worst. Moore’s best performance as bond is in op.
    W
    Yea I don’t at all agree with this. Fyeo is Moore’s 4th best (ranked highly overall), tmwtgg features on of the worst performances as bond overall, and Moore’s worst. Moore’s best performance as bond is in op.
    Guess we are finding ourselves on the opposite sides of the spectrum, once again.
    With Rog' as my #1 Bond, all I can say I find him perfect in all of his films. TMWTGG has a lot to offer from him IMO, even though it seems many would disagree with this.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 832
    With Rog' as my #1 Bond, all I can say I find him perfect in all of his films. TMWTGG has a lot to offer from him IMO, even though it seems many would disagree with this.

I like tmwtgg and think it’s underrated. Middle of the road bond film for me. Moore’s performance is one of the weak points. I think his performances are largely consistent starting with tswlm, with mr being the exception (and his second worst performance).
  • Goldfinger
    Diamonds Are Forever
    Live and Let Die
    The Man With the Golden Gun
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    1. GF - all the way. My #3 overall, but THE classical, iconic Bond film. Best villain ever. Best car ever. Without GF, there would not have been more Bond movies since no later than the late sixties.
    2. LALD - really no more than mid-field, but with a special place in my heart since seeing it in several cinemas three times in 1974...when I was 17. Also more fun than the majority of the Moore films.
    3. TMWTGG. Great villain, but really only so-so. Sheriff Pepper's return was unnecessary, and so was the slide whistle and a number of other things.
    4. DAF - actually a lousy movie overall (goofs, plot holes, toupees, pink ties...), and I don't know whether Hamilton deserves any credit, but it does have some of the funniest dialogue in the entire series. I like it less than most, but I like it
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    LALD
    DAF
    GF
    TMWTGG
  • LALD
    DAF
    GF
    TMWTGG

Ditto for me. At least this time out, GF might trade with DAF.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    LALD
    DAF
    GF
    TMWTGG

Ditto for me. At least this time out, GF might trade with DAF.

DAF is easily my guiltiess pleasure of all the Bond films.
    Goldfinger
    The man with the golden gun
    Live and let die
    Diamonds are forever
    LALD
    DAF
    GF
    TMWTGG
    GF
    LALD

DAF & TMWTGG
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 11,425
    GF

TMWTGG
    DAF

LALD

Amazing he directed so many really. He never matched GF or really came close tbh. All his other films have some great moments tho. Gun and Diamonds are rather underrated I think. LALD I find really hard to watch.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Getafix wrote: »
    GF

TMWTGG
    DAF

LALD

Amazing he directed so many really. He never matched GF or really came close tbh. All his other films have some great moments tho. Gun and Diamonds are rather underrated I think. LALD I find really hard to watch.

As if I should have written this post myself.