No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited March 2019 Posts: 3,333
    Remington wrote: »
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Bond will never have a child. Never. This is worse than brothergate and the DAD surfing scene combined.

He had one in the novels. Doesn't mean I want it in the films though.
    James Suzuki is a fictional son of James Bond and Kissy Suzuki. The character's conception was briefly mentioned in Fleming's 1964 novel, You Only Live Twice. Initially unnamed, the character was subsequently expanded upon in Raymond Benson's 1997 short continuation story Blast from the Past.

I’m convinced the overwhelming majority of Bond fans would think domesticity doesn’t suit the world of James Bond and to try and insert it, it would tarnish the image forever. Hagis already had this idea of Bond having a kid rejected for QoS. It was rejected for good reason: it was a crap idea. So I agree with you @Remington.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The mask is an interesting touch considering Fukunaga's Japenese heritage?
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think the kid is bond and Madeline’s child
    Do you actually?

It makes more sense to me then showing a random scene of young Lea killing a guy
    No it just wouldn’t work, you can’t have the film be set 10/14 years after Spectre, with all the cast members looking exactly the same. It would be weird and pointless, and also with two other Bond girls in the film? Is the girl gonna have some step mums?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,241
    jake24 wrote: »
    Numbers were never my strong suit...

So perhaps the flashback would take place some time in the mid-90s. How cool would it be to see the film open with the traditional gunbarrel, followed by "Norway, 1995"

What bothers me about the Norway sequence is that the incentives given doesn't reflect the size and length of the shoot. It's almost worthy of criticism if they've granted a record high 47 m kroner for a what… 5 min sequence? The MI: Fallout shot didn't get close to the same numbers, and they even closed a popular tourist attraction for over a week.

If it's a flashback taking place in Norway in 1995, maybe events later on in the film will take them back? That would open up the possibility of a second period of shooting here – maybe later in spring when Trollstigen and other attractions open?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    talos7 wrote: »
    I was tremendously disappointed with the wasted potential of Blofeld, but also with the superficial utilization of Hinx and the forced relationship with Madeline. We know that she is returning and I like what’s being done to flesh out her character and ,hopefully, realize her full potential. If successful, it may enhance the chemistry with Bond and be more satisfying than what was achieved in SPECTRE.
    What I’ve seen to date is very promising.

Yeah because:

1) Waltz was boring
    2) Blofeld? ok, but why "he ain't heavy, he's my brother" thing?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Bondy0089 wrote: »
    im now giving them a real reason to do so.

So you want to become the author of all the mods pain?
    Well, everybody needs a hobby.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    00Agent wrote: »
    im now giving them a real reason to do so.

So you want to become the author of all the mods pain?
    Well, everybody needs a hobby.

Well, this is painful not only for the mods...

Please Sir, stop this nonsense.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Guys done bother with this forum. youll get banned for quoting back too many times. I did.

Many of us have been here for 5+ years and longer. In my case, it's 7 years. With great respect, we've never had these issues. I understand you're sore from being banned, but not being able to learn how things are done here (things that are done for efficiency reasons) is not the moderator's fault. They're not unreasonable, so I'm sure you'll be welcome back when you adjust to the process.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The work permit granted was for a 13 year old girl.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,665
    I recently got banned for quoting people back. I've never experienced something so childish and hurtful

Do you know what is childish and hurtful? Quoting people back, ad nauseam. Try using a different social dynamic and you'll be better welcomed, I'm sure.
    Presser within 7 days? What do you guys think?

Keeping fingers crossed for April 4th, however likely or unlikely.

About the ban?

About the ban?
    What ban? I meant what you think the likelihood is of the press conference being held in 7 days.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

About the ban?
    What ban? I meant what you think the likelihood is of the press conference being held in 7 days.

50/50
    I'm actually surprised we've seen footage from the film already. And from the reaction of many, it doesn't seem like anyone hasn't liked what they've seen. I could be wrong.
    Surely this has to be a positive thus far.
    Benny wrote: »

About the ban?

50/50
    I'm actually surprised we've seen footage from the film already. And from the reaction of many, it doesn't seem like anyone hasn't liked what they've seen. I could be wrong.

Hugely exciting and made all the more interesting by all the theories floating about, both feasible and ridiculous.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    There's no way the girl is Bond and Maddy's child. Can't see them allowing a 12-13 year jump in Bond's timeline. It's got to be a young Maddy, with her present self remembering/dreaming about the incident mentioned in Spectre.

One of the members on here, @Univex came up with a version of how this would play out a while back on the main production thread. Basically, the scene is a way of reminding the audience of Maddy's past and connecting it with her current outlook of always looking over her shoulder for threats.

I can well see this scene being the PTS, ending with Maddy waking up screaming and Bond telling her everything is ok. We then see they're in Italy for their wedding. Cue titles etc. Maddy then gets kidnapped after/during the wedding.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Where is this wedding stuff coming from?
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Forget about it. Please delete ;-)
    There's no way the girl is Bond and Maddy's child. Can't see them allowing a 12-13 year jump in Bond's timeline. It's got to be a young Maddy, with her present self remembering/dreaming about the incident mentioned in Spectre.

One of the members on here, @Univex came up with a version of how this would play out a while back on the main production thread. Basically, the scene is a way of reminding the audience of Maddy's past and connecting it with her current outlook of always looking over her shoulder for threats.

I can well see this scene being the PTS, ending with Maddy waking up screaming and Bond telling her everything is ok. We then see they're in Italy for their wedding. Cue titles etc. Maddy then gets kidnapped after/during the wedding.

Thank you, dear Dr. I can't seem to find that particular treatment, unfortunately, it's buried alive under thousands of posts. But it did play out rather nicely didn't it? And it connected with Jamaica in a fun way at some point. Well, good to know I'm being read by some illustrious people around here ;)
    Cheers, old friend.

Didn't the reports in the Italian press that the scenes in Matera would involve a church/wedding?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    I was tremendously disappointed with the wasted potential of Blofeld, but also with the superficial utilization of Hinx and the forced relationship with Madeline. We know that she is returning and I like what’s being done to flesh out her character and ,hopefully, realize her full potential. If successful, it may enhance the chemistry with Bond and be more satisfying than what was achieved in SPECTRE.

Yeah because:

1) Waltz was boring

Yes, the Blofeld/“Brother “ thing is indefensible but Waltz has proven that he is capable of so much more; with the right script, and direction, he could have been a very effective, menacing presence.
    Quirky barely worked with Silva, it fell flat on its face with Blofeld.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,834

Didn't the reports in the Italian press that the scenes in Matera would involve a church/wedding?
    I thought they mentioned a sequence between Bond and his predecessor (not the next actor), which could be the female MI6 agent? And I think all the wedding rumours came from early reports on this film being a OHMSS soft-reboot/readaptation of YOLT.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

I thought they mentioned a sequence between Bond and his predecessor (not the next actor), which could be the female MI6 agent? And I think all the wedding rumours came from early reports on this film being a OHMSS soft-reboot/readaptation of YOLT.

In fact the Italian newspaper that broke the news about Matera also reported a wedding by a seaside location, in Italy as well.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Yeah because:

1) Waltz was boring

Yes, the Blofeld/“Brother “ thing is indefensible but Waltz has proven that he is capable of so much more; with the right script, and direction, he could have been a very effective, menacing presence.
    Quirky barely worked with Silva, it fell flat on its face with Blofeld.

His grudge towards Bond has intensified. It could change him into something worse.

I thought they mentioned a sequence between Bond and his predecessor (not the next actor), which could be the female MI6 agent? And I think all the wedding rumours came from early reports on this film being a OHMSS soft-reboot.

Sure, may just be a case of me putting two and two together but there was definitely mention of them interested in filming in the cathedral in the historic centre.

As a side note, I reckon the female MI6 agent will be a 00, in fact the new 007 after Bond goes AWOL. Think this would be a great way of addressing the whole 'why can't Bond be played by a woman' idea without actually going there....
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I thought they mentioned a sequence between Bond and his predecessor (not the next actor), which could be the female MI6 agent? And I think all the wedding rumours came from early reports on this film being a OHMSS soft-reboot.
    As a side note, I reckon the female MI6 agent will be a 00, in fact the new 007 after Bond goes AWOL. Think this would be a great way of addressing the whole 'why can't Bond be played by a woman' idea without actually going there....
    I think so too, a great way of keeping both sides happy without having to compromise on tradition.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Benny wrote: »

About the ban?

50/50

It's cool to see the footage, but I am not very exited about past events influencing the present again. I'm pretty much done with it, so I hope it's done in a subtle way and not in an obvious 'past coming back to haunt you' way.

BTW, I think this isn't the same event Madeliene described in SP, but something different from her childhood.
    Univex wrote: »
    Thank you, dear Dr. I can't seem to find that particular treatment, unfortunately, it's buried alive under thousands of posts. But it did play out rather nicely didn't it? And it connected with Jamaica in a fun way at some point. Well, good to know I'm being read by some illustrious people around here ;)
    Cheers, old friend.

It's a pleasure, always good to hear from members with decent ideas. I seem to remember your version had Maddy and Bond waking to find intruders, followed by an action scene with them being dispatched. That would work brilliantly too.
    People also seem to forget that this is said to be part of the pts, not THE pts. Just sayin'.

I think so too, a great way of keeping both sides happy without having to compromise on tradition.

Dig...