What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 10,586
    Tash Sultana would be an interesting choice.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
  • I don't want a solo performer spilling the beans on the movie's plot or describing the whole image of the James Bond persona that has become cliche, unless it wants to capture the internal turmoil tge character has experienced since CR.

It would be refreshing to have more than one performer, either a duet or a band play the next song. Quite often these kinds of songs have gone on to become successful as well.

Sam Smith's Writings in the Wall song was really good as a solo song though.

All in all, I'd like to a title song that does not feature the title of the movie either in it's name. It puts more emphasis on the song rather than marketing the film. That's when these title songs can easily lose their appeal once the release of the movie is over at movie theaters.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I don't want a solo performer spilling the beans on the movie's plot

Has that ever happened? The soundtrack, on the other hand...
    Not Bond but a famous cousin, does it have to be a song
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    I know this isn't related to the song, but I just thought of a title for the film. Do you guys like these what I thought of.

A Spy's Pursuit
    There's always Death
    Dice with death
    Time never ends.
    There's Norway To Live
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Ladytron! C'mon already.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 319
    Been listening to a bit of Meg Myers lately, which is normally isn't close to what I listen to. So her.
    Well i think Lana Del Rey should be doing a song.
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    Well i think Lana Del Rey should be doing a song.
    Finally someone agrees with me.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    You know what?
    Jamie Cullum

I had suggested him some time back on another thread. I'd like a jazzy title song (it's been a while) or at least some jazz influence. EON probably will go with someone more chart friendly and known, at least based on recent evidence.
    I'll jump on this bandwagon in a heartbeat. To me this song always sounded like it'd fit right in with a Bond title scene:

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Nobody will do it better than the legendary Sir Stanley Rogers.

Possible spoiler.
    Adel could be returning
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,665

For the instrumental to rival OHMSS.

1-28.jpeg
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Yeah Dua Lipa is doing it
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    If Rami Malek is in Bond 25, then how about Queen?
    Benny wrote: »

No thank you. If Freddie was still with us singing then I say yes, but having queen perform the song and its not with Freddie doesn't seem right. Queen should have done a Bond song in the 80s
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

No thank you. If Freddie was still with us singing then I say yes, but having queen perform the song and its not with Freddie doesn't seem right. Queen should have done a Bond song in the 80s

Agreed, but i sure wouldn't mind Brian May writing the Song for a different artist, like U2 did for Tina.
    00Agent wrote: »

Agreed, but i sure wouldn't mind Brian May writing the Song for a different artist, like U2 did for Tina.

I wouldn't mind that either.
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia

C'mon, they jumped the shark even earlier. For every 'Don't stop me' they perpetrated a 'Champions'. They did it well on the 'Flash' and 'Highlander' soundtracks though...
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Eiragorn wrote: »

C'mon, they jumped the shark even earlier. For every 'Don't stop me' they perpetrated a 'Champions'. They did it well on the 'Flash' and 'Highlander' soundtracks though...

Probably one of the finest singles band of all time but albums Queen never released an album except from their Greatest Hits album that would rank up there with the big juggernauts of the rock world.

I think fair play to them for plugging away at it but I don't think they should call themselves Queen when not only Freddie is not there but also no John Deacon in the ranks. It's kind of a joke as good a voice as Adam Lambert might have.

As for Paul Rogers that will go down as one of the biggest WTF moments of rock history.

Lets see what would happen if McCartney and Ringo decided to go on the road and call themselves The Beatles with say Liam Gallagher on vocals.
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Eiragorn wrote: »

Probably one of the finest singles band of all time but albums Queen never released an album except from their Greatest Hits album that would rank up there with the big juggernauts of the rock world.

I think fair play to them for plugging away at it but I don't think they should call themselves Queen when not only Freddie is not there but also no John Deacon in the ranks. It's kind of a joke as good a voice as Adam Lambert might have.

As for Paul Rogers that will go down as one of the biggest WTF moments of rock history.

Lets see what would happen if McCartney and Ringo decided to go on the road and call themselves The Beatles with say Liam Gallagher on vocals.

You just remind me of the one time where Macca headed Nirvana :D But as you said they had the decency to not call it as such ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think George Michael did a great job performing with Queen at the Freddie Mercury tribute.
This discussion has been closed.