CLOSED

Comments

• Well at least stay safe then...
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Germany has its equivalent in the song "Wo man singt, da lass dich ruhig nieder, böse Menschen haben keine Lieder" ("Where there's singing, you should settle down - evil people do not have songs.")

But then, the Trumpistas still have at least Ted Nugent.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Its almost as if everyone on this thread wants there to be evidence for Russia running our elections for the country I'm relieved that there isn't that's not saying the Russians didn't try they worked their tails off unfortunately
  • It's not that we WANT it to be true...it's that, from what we can see, it IS true. And we want to change it.
    It's not that we WANT it to be true...it's that, from what we can see, it IS true. And we want to change it.

Well the full report hasn't been released yet so we can't say for certain
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »
    It's not that we WANT it to be true...it's that, from what we can see, it IS true. And we want to change it.

Exactly. And the Democratic Party is pushing for the full report to be released ASAP, while the Republican Party (in the person of Mitch McConnell) is trying to block that. Doesn't look suspicious at all, does it?
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Exactly. And the Democratic Party is pushing for the full report to be released ASAP, while the Republican Party (in the person of Mitch McConnell) is trying to block that. Doesn't look suspicious at all, does it?

Well not all Republicans some last I checked there was still Republicans in the house and it was anonymously approved like 240 to 0

Well not all Republicans some last I checked there was still Republicans in the house and it was anonymously approved like 240 to 0

Yes, many Republicans are in favor of full disclosure. But as Senate Majority Leader, Mitch McConnell can block this topic from coming before the Senate. And he has. Why is that, Mitch? Hmmmmmmmmmm?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 613
    The full report will be released. And if it ends up a big nothing burger (my prediction), rest assured that the usual suspects will be back here telling us the whole thing was taken out of Mueller's hands and doctored by the evil Republicans.

*yawns*
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    The full report will be released. And if it ends up a big nothing burger (my prediction), rest assured that the usual suspects will be back here telling us the whole thing was taken out of Mueller's hands and doctored by the evil Republicans.

*yawns*

Same what a waste of tax payer money use money for rebuilding the country or healthcare system costs

*yawns*

Same what a waste of tax payer money use money for rebuilding the country or healthcare system costs

You want to talk "waste of taxpayer money"? Check out the Republicants' endless investigations of Hillary over Benghazi, yielding exactly ZERO indictments.

*yawns*

You want to talk "waste of taxpayer money"? Check out the Republicants' endless investigations of Hillary over Benghazi, yielding exactly ZERO indictments.

@BeatlesSansEarmuffs I never said Republicans don't waste money I'm just saying let's do something to benefit the future instead of looking at the past it just seems the world is caught up looking at the past we need to look to the future and get issues solved before it gets worse
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,564

*yawns*

NO on several fronts. But most importantly, Mueller already, willingly GAVE much of his information to investigators in the SDNY, where convictions cannot be pardoned by the President, unlike convictions in federal courts. Several members of the Trump crime family will be going to jail, is my prediction. What you call a nothing burger has already resulted in several criminal convictions, and there are lots more to come. Eat hearty!
    So much anger on this thread for expressing opinions unbelievable
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,564

*yawns*

@BeatlesSansEarmuffs I never said Republicans don't waste money I'm just saying let's do something to benefit the future instead of looking at the past it just seems the world is caught up looking at the past we need to look to the future and get issues solved before it gets worse

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

"The best way to solve the issues facing America in the future is to get rid of the con man occupying the White House in the present." -- BSE

What I say here I say in sorrow, not in anger.

"Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." --Bill Bixby as David Banner aka the Incredible Hulk in the TV series from the '70s.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Politics are incredibly divisive, polarizing and quick to incite anger. That's not really a surprise, especially in today's political climate.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited March 2019 Posts: 17,687
    Ummm, the Russians DID influence our election (and Brexit, btw) with a coordinated & intense social media attack, that's not even in question. I read a lot of that crap with my own eyes in real time Back then. I found some of it to be completely laughable (especially all the Clinton in league with Lucifer stuff), but I'm sad to say a lot of it resonated with the low-thinking and/or superstitious lot. There were also salvo after salvo of she'll take your guns away memes and false 'articles' I was seeing. A lot of it was written at the appropriate 6th grade level mentality... and when I traced down the origins, it was usually weird made up names by folks that all joined FB in 2011- 2014 and only had a few generic photos to their pages.
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    Ummm, the Russians DID influence our election (and Brexit, btw) with a coordinated & intense social media attack, that's not even in question. I read a lot of that crap with my own eyes in real time Back then. I found some of it to be completely laughable (especially all the Clinton in league with Lucifer stuff), but I'm sad to say a lot of it resonated with the low-thinking and/or superstitious lot. There were also salvo after salvo of she'll take your guns away memes and false 'articles' I was seeing. A lot of it was written at the appropriate 6th grade level mentality... and when I traced down the origins, it was usually weird made up names by folks that all joined FB in 2011- 2014 and only had a few generic photos to their pages.

Gee, you mean Hillary really wasn't running a child prostitution ring out of a pizza parlor? Man, I thought that one for sure...

*yawns*

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -- George Santayana

"The best way to solve the issues facing America in the future is to get rid of the con man occupying the White House in the present." -- BSE

"Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." --Bill Bixby as David Banner aka the Incredible Hulk in the TV series from the '70s.
    I guess if you want to go down the route of the past you look at the past and move on not stay in the past and never leave see where you go. Go and waste money trying to take him out of office when you have the opportunity to in the next election should be a lot cheaper option then go screw up the laws again so we have a lawless society where you can do whatever you want. And like Hillary Clinton was going to be any better not really. Oh and I don't rely on philosophy from scholars because they have imperfect minds because that's how the world is imperfect it's not rocket science. I'm really scared (sarcastic) @BeatlesSansEarmuffs

*yawns*

I guess if you want to go down the route of the past you look at the past and move on not stay in the past and never leave see where you go. Go and waste money trying to take him out of office when you have the opportunity to in the next election should be a lot cheaper option then go screw up the laws again so we have a lawless society where you can do whatever you want. And like Hillary Clinton was going to be any better not really. Oh and I don't rely on philosophy from scholars because they have imperfect minds because that's how the world is imperfect it's not rocket science. I'm really scared (sarcastic) @BeatlesSansEarmuffs

When Trump is in the past I'll be happy to treat him as the past. That day ain't here yet. And I have no idea what exactly you're sarcastically scared OF -- surely not me quoting an old TV show. If you're not interested in "philosophy from scholars" (more the fool you) then you certainly should have no concern at all for the catch-phrase of a fictional character.

*yawns*

When Trump is in the past I'll be happy to treat him as the past. That day ain't here yet. And I have no idea what exactly you're sarcastically scared OF -- surely not me quoting an old TV show. If you're not interested in "philosophy from scholars" (more the fool you) then you certainly should have no concern at all for the catch-phrase of a fictional character.

Good for you. Well you said you don't want to make me angry I get like the hulk I take that as kind of a threat. Stop putting words into my mouth this has nothing to do with fictional characters and all about ideals and morals they are just fantasy that we enjoy entertaining ourselves. @BeatlesSansEarmuffs
  • Quoting the Hulk in a political discussion was intended as a joke. Just one of the ways I enjoy entertaining myself, sorry it didn't quite come off that way.
    Quoting the Hulk in a political discussion was intended as a joke. Just one of the ways I enjoy entertaining myself, sorry it didn't quite come off that way.

@BeatlesSansEarmuffs oh ok
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited March 2019 Posts: 17,687
    chrisisall wrote: »

Gee, you mean Hillary really wasn't running a child prostitution ring out of a pizza parlor? Man, I thought that one for sure...

No, this particular one WAS true, but she had a permit for that.
  • chrisisall wrote: »

Gotta watch ourselves, chris, people don't always recognize humor on this thread...

Gotta watch ourselves, chris, people don't always recognize humor on this thread...

That a shot at me? Not try to get offensive just asking @BeatlesSansEarmuffs
  • I'm not shooting at anybody (except Trump himself & there only figuratively.) I'm mostly just kidding around to make light of a very serious issue. I honestly do believe that the President of the US is under the thumb of a foreign power (whether for financial reasons or some other nefarious purpose) and that possibility really does worry me tremendously. So I make light banter at times. There was a guy who went & shot up a pizza parlor in --New Jersey, was it?-- because he seriously believed the lunatic theory about Hillary & child prostitution that was making the rounds on the internet awhile back. So I joke -- knowing full well that somebody out there is probably going to misunderstand me. But I'm not going to give up joking about serious stuff, "because that way the terrorists win." When in doubt regarding my postings, please refer to the words of Sean Connery as James Bond 007 in "Goldfinger:" "Some things just aren't done. It would be like listening to the Beatles without earmuffs."
    I'm not shooting at anybody (except Trump himself & there only figuratively.) I'm mostly just kidding around to make light of a very serious issue. I honestly do believe that the President of the US is under the thumb of a foreign power (whether for financial reasons or some other nefarious purpose) and that possibility really does worry me tremendously. So I make light banter at times. There was a guy who went & shot up a pizza parlor in --New Jersey, was it?-- because he seriously believed the lunatic theory about Hillary & child prostitution that was making the rounds on the internet awhile back. So I joke -- knowing full well that somebody out there is probably going to misunderstand me. But I'm not going to give up joking about serious stuff, "because that way the terrorists win." When in doubt regarding my postings, please refer to the words of Sean Connery as James Bond 007 in "Goldfinger:" "Some things just aren't done. It would be like listening to the Beatles without earmuffs."

Ok who are the terrorists?
    I'm not shooting at anybody (except Trump himself & there only figuratively.) I'm mostly just kidding around to make light of a very serious issue. I honestly do believe that the President of the US is under the thumb of a foreign power (whether for financial reasons or some other nefarious purpose) and that possibility really does worry me tremendously. So I make light banter at times. There was a guy who went & shot up a pizza parlor in --New Jersey, was it?-- because he seriously believed the lunatic theory about Hillary & child prostitution that was making the rounds on the internet awhile back. So I joke -- knowing full well that somebody out there is probably going to misunderstand me. But I'm not going to give up joking about serious stuff, "because that way the terrorists win." When in doubt regarding my postings, please refer to the words of Sean Connery as James Bond 007 in "Goldfinger:" "Some things just aren't done. It would be like listening to the Beatles without earmuffs."

Depends on your perspective. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Depends on your perspective. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Only in the worst of Bond-films
This discussion has been closed.