EURO 2020 DISCUSSION : CURRENTLY QUALIFYING GROUP STAGES

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Great goal England have played some good stuff in the second half
    Gareth has them playing great football !! 9 goals in 2 games !!!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Wow 4-1 England x what a break that was !!!

But…but…It's 'arry! :-(
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Another 5 star performance
    Whoop whoop 5-1 !!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,241
    France 3-0 up against Iceland. Just love how Giroud always performs for the French national side. Do miss him at Arsenal.

Edit: 4-0 now. Griezmann this time.
    As far as squad depth I can't remember England having this much quality and competition
    France 3-0 up against Iceland. Just love how Giroud always performs for the French national side. Do miss him at Arsenal.

I know x big mistake letting him go.
    As far as squad depth I can't remember England having this much quality and competition

All these youngsters coming through from the U17 Workd Cup winners up !

I know x big mistake letting him go.

Could really have needed a third striker this season. Lacazette and Aubameyang have played a lot. Wonder if Welbeck will continue at Arsenal?
    England have developed the conveyer belt to compete with the best, having Southgate as England manager who was so involved with improving the England setup is perfect.

AP on BBCi the topic is #metoo
    Haven't really been keeping up to date with much football recently. Glad to see northern Ireland have turned our disastrous league of nations results around and started with two wins. Ok it was against the poorest two teams in the group but still great start!
    Alan007 wrote: »
    Haven't really been keeping up to date with much football recently. Glad to see northern Ireland have turned our disastrous league of nations results around and started with two wins. Ok it was against the poorest two teams in the group but still great start!

Good results for Northern Ireland, and valuable points!

Edit: 1-0, Maars Johnsen! 41 mins played.

Edit:…and it's 2-0! Joshua King with the goal.

Edit 3: 2-1 now. A penalty for Sweden, which Andreas Granqvist misses, before Viktor Claesson puts the rebound in the net. A huge chance for Sweden again straight afterwards, so this match is very open at the moment!

Edit 4: Damn! 2-2. Robin Quaison takes a shot, which goes via Håvard Nordtveit and into the net.

Edit 5: Damn, damn, damn! Sweden scores again in added time. Again Robin Quaison with the goal. Think Norway needed to win this game to have a realistic chance getting through the group stages.
    Torg WTF ??!!!!! @Torgeirtrap
    You must be devastated mate .
    Torg WTF ??!!!!! @Torgeirtrap
    You must be devastated mate .

2-0 to 2-3 in added time is painful to watch! I'm not surprised though. Looking at the game as a whole, Sweden has been just as good, if not better than Norway. There's a reason why Sweden qualifies for tournaments and our national side does not.

Edit: 3-3, Ola Kamara! What a thriller of a game! Don't think one point is enough to have a shot at finishing second in the group though. For this game alone on the other hand, it's wonderful getting a draw this late!
    Hahaha 3-3 !!! Torg, you will need a stiff drink and a lie down mate !!

I think you're right about that, Barry! This game got too exciting!
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden

A lot of strange/lucky goals in this one, but exciting game for sure :D

A lot of strange/lucky goals in this one, but exciting game for sure :D

Indeed it was! I think Sweden and Spain will finish top of the group when all games are played. Sweden even had some absentees as well, with Victor Lindelöf being one of them.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Disco, you're still here! Haven't seen you post in years!
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    And Netherlands is doing well too ;-)
    As is England Gert @GertGettler ;)
    Well done England.... love the excuses again today...pathetic.
    Wonder what the headlines will be after the Norway-Spain match tonight…

Hopefully good with a Norway win !
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,241

Hopefully good with a Norway win !

Highly doubt it! Norway has hardly been over the half-way line so far…

Edit: This is an incredibly boring match.
    One minute into the second half, Spain scores.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! :))
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Norway pen and King scores, making it 1-1 in added time. Needed a win though (I think).
    Norway pen and King scores, making it 1-1 in added time. Needed a win though (I think).

Draw not a bad result against Spain, just seen the full time scores, a bit clumsy from Kepa

Draw not a bad result against Spain, just seen the full time scores, a bit clumsy from Kepa

Kepa gifted Norway that 1-1 there. In isolation a decent result.