Comments

noooo I guess its the title
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Risico007 wrote: »
    noooo I guess its the title

It was @Red_Snow who noticed that one.

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/972436/#Comment_972436
    I wouldn't jump to conclusions on that.

That's a big domain hosting company. Wouldn't be a massive coincidence if EON (or Sony, predating?) uses them for domain registration as well as whoever randomly registered that URL.

Furthermore, if that title is/was a working title at any point, the marketing team would have grabbed it immediately as a precaution.

If it were the title, I'd also assume other variations of the URL would produce similar links or -- potentially -- also forward directly to MGM or EON's official 007 site. I tried a few obvious ones, and they don't.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    AgentM72 wrote: »

That's a big domain hosting company. Wouldn't be a massive coincidence if EON (or Sony, predating?) uses them for domain registration as well as whoever randomly registered that URL.

Furthermore, if that title is/was a working title at any point, the marketing team would have grabbed it immediately as a precaution.

If it were the title, I'd also assume other variations of the URL would produce similar links or -- potentially -- also forward directly to MGM or EON's official 007 site. I tried a few obvious ones, and they don't.

Well, you're right
    007Eclipse.com
    Eclipse007.com
    007EclipseTheMovie.com

All lead to 404.
    AgentM72 wrote: »

Well, you're right
    007Eclipse.com
    Eclipse007.com
    007EclipseTheMovie.com

All lead to 404.

...and if it were the official title, in this marketer's humble opinion, there's no way they wouldn't also register at least those first two -- for sure.

I'd never say never, and we'll know in a few short weeks. But for me that's enough to debunk it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Still not buying it folks. It may still be a working title, but there's still the fact that it would be the first one-word title to not be a made up word, and thus could mean a thousand different things. SP is a different story as that word is synonymous with Bond.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Still not buying it folks. It may still be a working title, but there's still the fact that it would be the first one-word title to not be a made up word, and thus could mean a thousand different things. SP is a different story as that word is synonymous with Bond.

I'm with you on this. Flagged it awhile back, but -- if you're going with a one-word title, you need one that screams James Bond. Frankly, Shatterhand is still far likelier, even with Barbara's (cheeky?) denial.

As a working/code title for the production? Sure. But I doubt we ever see it on a poster.

With the notable exception of some of these excellent fan posters we're seeing. ;)
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Tomorrow Never Lets Shatterhand Die From an Eclipse
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Within 19 days all will be revealed.
    I am holding out for an unused Fleming title.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    It's probably a working title for Colonel Sun.
  • Within 19 days all will be revealed.

I feel like we've had a countdown for an eternity. With so much buildup over the months I feel this press conference will either be disappointing or, will totally blow us away. A stellar confirmed cast, plus a great title, would be welcome.
    QBranch wrote: »
    It's probably a working title for Colonel Sun.

I thought the same. Especially since they used some of Colonel Sun in the last movie.

Even if the just used the title, Colonel Sun is very Bondonian.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,400
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    @Pierce2Daniel Spoiler tags, my friend.

The thread is tagged 'potential spoilers'. If people still click and see something they don't like, that's on them. I'm not here to placate to overly sensitive people.

Why would anyone come to this thread if they were concerned?

This news is more of a spoiler for the press conference than the movie itself.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

The thread is tagged 'potential spoilers'. If people still click and see something they don't like, that's on them. I'm not here to placate to overly sensitive people.

I understand that, but the mods had already requested spoiler tags to be attached to anything regarding this specific rumoured title. As far as I'm aware, that decision hasn't been removed as of yet.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Daniel Craig is James Bond in The Attack Of The Ridiculously Over The Top And Unnecessarily Incessant Spoiler Tags...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

I understand that, but the mods had already requested spoiler tags to be attached to anything regarding this specific rumoured title. As far as I'm aware, that decision hasn't been removed as of yet.

It still stands. There are several people who frequent this thread who don't want the title revealed to them before the press conference. We're trying to respect that.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Yeah the spoiler tag thing is a bit ridiculous at this point and time, imo. When the title is announced, are we still going to use them? Is the thread title not going to acknowledge it? Seems a bit redundant considering the nature of the thread which going to be all about potential spoilers once filming begins. Everyone who comes on to it should know what they're getting into. Having to click through spoiler tags in EVERY post is a pain on a mobile device. I say this with all due respect to the mods, of course.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Could there possibly be two separate threads with the same subject? One for overly sensitive people obsessed with not knowing a single thing about Bond 25 and another for those that just don't care?
    Placing the rumoured title in spoiler tags only for a few more weeks until the press conference can't be too much of an issue?
    Placing the rumoured title in spoiler tags only for a few more weeks until the press conference can't be too much of an issue?
    Precisely. A spoiler thread will most likely be opened once the film is announced.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    jake24 wrote: »
    Precisely. A spoiler thread will most likely be opened once the film is announced.

Fair. Mea culpa.
    They do this to try throw the public off from the real title. This is a working title and nothing else. Just think about it. It's terrible for a title
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    They do this to try throw the public off from the real title. This is a working title and nothing else. Just think about it. It's terrible for a title

My thoughts exactly.
    Univex wrote: »
    Gareth007 wrote: »

My thoughts exactly.

Yeah. I think they have learnt the lessons since the Skyfall title leak. I know it's still tricky to keep titles under wraps until the reveal, but I think they managed it with Spectre, and im sure we will be surprising again with BOND 25. I'm sure it will sound far more Bondy than the rumoured titles. I would even expect Shatterhand to be more likely than Eclipse, even though it was ruled out in a autograph, but still chances of a bluff. I dont think that's the case though, but that's more likely to me than Eclipse. At least shatterhand sounds more bondy. Hopefully we will get the reveal in the coming weeks. Next fingers crossed. I do lov the speculation leading up though. ;)
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator

Just looked and that same user said back in February that he was told by A London casting director that Rooney Mara would be in Bond 25:

• RogueAgent wrote: »
    I am holding out for an unused Fleming title.

If the title actually is Eclipse, somebody will dig through the Fleming stories, find an instance where he used the word eclipse and proclaim it a Fleming title.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 416
    Everyone. Ive just found a major discovery.
    It might me nothing but.
    I searched in the address bar for http://www.eclipsemovie.com/ and it's under construction and coming soon ? ? ?